Why do people hate fedoras so much?

Why do people hate fedoras so much?

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem is not with the fedora itself. The fedora used to be associated with class and style. The problem is with the type of person that started wearing the fedora... changing what it was associated with. When a lot of people that are NOT associated with class and style started wearing the fedora, it started to become associated with them instead. A really stylish person can still pull it off and look good, but the generalized 'vibe' of the thing has been completely changed in the last 8 years or so.

When someone said 'fedora' in the past, you got images of sharp dressed guys in suits with a bit of class and some style. When someone says 'fedora' now, you get images of an overweight guy with bad skin and greasy hair in a t-shirt and jeans. And that just doesn't carry the same level of sophistication.

• It's insane how accurate you are about the images that show. I tried finding a good picture and all that came up was exactly as you described.

• It's been crazy how fast it has completely flipped in 'coolness'.

• I still think of sharply dressed guy in suits from the 1900's.
      I think they look really nice on men.

Most Helpful Girl

• They can sometimes seem pretentious. I like them though.

What Guys Said 19

• 4|2
  • I don't hate them. I just think it's a hat works only if it fits your style. Not everyone looks good in a fedora. I learned early on that I have a large head and they don't make fedoras that fit my skull structure aesthetically. Maybe if I found a bigger one I'd feel differently. But the hat itself looks fine.

• Because "nice guys" ruined them... or at least that's what people say :/

• Because they can't pull them off like this www.quickmeme.com/.../...a8384eb0c213fb0be2493.jpg

• I'd lose it, guaranteed. I prefer a hoodie on my parka.

• http://i.imgur.com/Zb5d4.jpg
    Due to the inability to pull it off

• Weeaboos wear fedoras, weeaboos are socially awkward and tend to be creepy. High school shooters fall in that category.

• It's stigmatized by the bullshit culture of the internet. I bet Frank Sinatra would've been called a white Knight loser if he were alive today.

• I'd totally rock one if I felt it suited me.

• Because it's a sign of hipsters and many people think hipsters are smug hypocrits who have yet to join the real world.

• I love fedoras

• Because these days too many assholes wear them when they are doing 'Asshole Related' things.

• I dunno *tips fedora* m'lady *scratches neckbeard*

• I love wearing fedoras. Harrison Ford wore a fedora in the Indiana Jones series.

• because they look stupid on most people and people who usually wear them are weeaboos and pretentious hipsters.

• They don't hate Fedora Linux, they just find that Ubuntu Linux tends to be easier to setup and use.

• Because fat feminine neckbeards now love them.

• Fedoras are for weebs, bronies, and any other denomination of neckbeards.

What Girls Said 8

• Tsk tsk, I dint know what is wrong with people. Fedoras rock.

• I don't mind them. I think they're cool.

• Cause they're in style

• I personally think fedoras look good depending on the person's style, however most people get confused between fedoras and trilby hats, trilby hats are a no go.

• Cuz they are ugly

• I don't hate them.

• Fedoras can only be worn by Frank Sinatra and Indiana Jones.

Everyone else looks stupid