Help! My mother copies my style.. what should I do?

It's not even just the type of clothing I wear that she copies. Whenever I buy a nicely put-together outfit that reflects my personal fashion sense or style, she finds out where the garments are from and goes and buys EXACTLY the same outfit! As a result of this, both our closets are almost exactly the same. I've told her in the past that what she's doing is inhibiting my sense of individuality and exploring my unique fashion sense, and that I would go shopping with her to choose something equally stylish (but still different from mine), but she just gets angry and defensive and says she doesn't care what I think.

I appreciate that maybe she wants to capture her youthfulness, etc by copying me, and of course it's flattering that someone wants to dress like me, but I really can't stand it much longer! I want to look like myself, not my mum's clone! What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes that seems a bit odd alright. It sounds like you are making right moves offering to go shopping with her to help her explore her own style. Stick at it, be constructive say she is creating her own style rather than being different to yours.
    To be honest there could be something going on in background people can often express their feelings through style choices maybe ask her is she okay and how is she as well?

Most Helpful Girl

• Your mom needs therapy, her obsession is ridiculous.

What Guys Said 1

• Start wearing things that are totally shit that u normally wouldn't be seen dead in and see if she copies that. If she dies then there is a problem and you'll need to tell her to stop!

What Girls Said 1

• Burn her closet