I can't decide... should I cut my hair short or keep growing it out?

I've been needing a change in my appearance for quite some time now, and I keep changing my mind about cutting my hair. I haven't had it short since 4th grade, and that wasn't my decision.

On one side, my long hair is getting hard to manage, and I would save a lot of money on hair products. Also, the thought of having mid-neck long hair, and shaking my head around intrigues me. Cutting my hair seems so freeing to me, as I've been carrying this long hair for so long now.

On the other side, I'm scared I'll immediately regret it. I'm very short and petite, and long hair seems to suit my stature. I'm scared short hair wouldn't look good on me. I brought up snipping my hair and the friends I told beg me not to. My long purple hair has become sort of a symbol for me.

Should I cut my hair, or keep it the way it is?

• Grow it out
  • Cut it neck-length
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I like it longer most men respond to longer hair but neck length isn't horrible.

Ultimately it is you who has to deal with the maintenance of your hair so if it bothers you I'd do what you think will be best for YOU.

A person interested in YOU won't pass you up because of your hair, anyone who does isn't that into who you are and you'd be better off without them.

What Guys Said 3

• I like your hair that length maybe think of different styles
    41.media.tumblr.com/.../...qeO6Yc1qbqqkho1_500.jpg

• Keep it that length

• Keep it like that. You have very pretty hair.
    Also, you're very pretty yourself :)

What Girls Said 4

• Short - as in short... would look great on you!
    Neck-length - also okay... but short a lot better I'd say.

• I have the same issue. If it grows rapidly, you can easily cut it. Which is what i'm planning to do😛. My hair will grow like 15 cm in just 1-2 months..

• Keep growing it out.

• Hi!

I feel you, long hair is a huge hassle, I have blonde hair down to my hips, and it's a pain in my ass at times.

Your hair doesn't seem that long from the picture, maybe a trim to your shoulders? That way you still get the short feel, and you still have somewhat longer hair.