Does wearing a crop top make a girl look skanky?

I for one am NOT a skank.
I do not sleep around nor dress half naked.

I'm asking because I'm putting together an outfit.
I have a jean jacket, black leggings and red toms. I want to wear a gray crop top but I'm afraid of getting lectured by my parents about why I look "skanky."
It's not even that short, it covers a large majority of my stomach, (if you pull the leggings up a bit.)

I LOVE crop tops. They are one of my favorite shirts to wear. I hardly EVER walk out of my house in one. When I do wear one usually, it's with a sweater and sweatpants, usually covering it up. I also drive myself to school so I don't need to take the bus either...

I don't know what do you think? I mean, if it's socially acceptable for a guy to have his ass crack hanging out, why can't I wear a damn crop top?

I am college not in high school.

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest, the only time I might think less of a woman when it comes to clothing is when it's super freezing cold out yet, they're out in super short dresses and barely one full body part is covered. I respect them nonetheless because I owe respect to everyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• That actually sounds like a really cute outfit. However, with the way schools are run (assuming you're talking about high school) you'll probably get in trouble / reprimanded / told to change if you wear it to school for quote unquote distracting boys.

since y'know, apparently boys have no will power.

What Guys Said 6

• No, idea at all!

• God I love crop tops 😍

• I love it when girls wear crop tops... Cuz it shows off the girls stomach. I can tell that since u wear them, you are very confident on showing off your stomach huh?

• Only when paired with cleavage, a short skirt, and a street-corner.

• I like them. Skanky, probably not. Sexy, yeah.

• Yes baby. Just go for it. It's your call.

What Girls Said 14

• I prefer my crop tops with high waisted bottoms, but if you're comfortable with that then do what you want. It's not like your boobs are popping out.

• I am not introducing crop tops into my fashion style. I dont think they are skanky when worn appropriately. For e. g I have a couple that show my navel but when paired with a high waist midi skirt or high waisted pants, its the BOMB. So its all about how you wear em. Also, in terms of leggings , because the silky, stretchy , nylon ones are a no no for me but cotton is great as is jeggings :)

• Being comfortable in your own skin ≠ promiscuous ≠ immoral behavior

• Well, in my opinion I think it does look more on the skanky side. But then again, I'm not a girly girl at all. Personally, when I see girls walk around (epically when too much flab is hanging out) wearing crop tops, it makes me cringe. But that's me!

• I would need to see the outfit. But, leggings and crop top? that's a reach. maybe switch for high waisted shorts? high waisted pants? high waisted skirt? a maxi skirt? Also, some women cannot pull off a crop top. it's definitely a piece of clothing made for the A and B cups. After that it usually does start to look a bit skanky.

• No.
    If you're more busty however I advise wearing not wearing anything with a super deep neck.

• i lovee crop tops, just make sure they're high neck because cleavage and stomach together looks too much. 1. boobs 2. legs 3. stomach
    the rule is one at a time.

• No it looks good with high waisted shorts or pants or skirt.

I'm too scardy cat to have my stomach out since I have a happy trail

• No they are not slang that sounds like a cute outfit

• Noo.

• Not really. If you like it, go for it.

• Rock it

• NO, crop tops dont make you look like a skank

• you'll look like a whore with a leggings and a crop top.
    legging it's with a long shirt

• This is the way I dress in sport lesson 😂😂😂💩
      But I'm not whore at all 😛

• @Victoria69xD a girl in my class do it one time and everyone treat her of attention whore, that's not decent even the teacher don't allow her do sport and to change of clothes