I want to get a pixie cut but I'm worried my boyfriend won't find me attractive anymore?

He says if I want it then I should go for it and he'd love me just the same... But I know he (in general) prefers girls with long hair, and he loves my hair the way it is now.

It'd be sooo shallow of him to leave me for my hair or something, and I know he would not ever do that, I'm not worried about that. We've been dating almost 2 years. :)

But what if he doesn't feel as attracted to me or doesn't find me good looking anymore?

Girls? What would you do?

Guys? Would you care?

Do you guys think it'll make a difference? I mean it will always grow back out if it did look horrible.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in the same boat. I cut it off and my boyfriend and I are still going strong

• Thanks, girl! :) That's good to know, I'm glad it went well for ya. Were you glad that you did it, in the end?

• well I did it because a friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer. It was super cute but I eventually started to miss my ponytail and grew it out

What Guys Said 9

• Ok, my reply will be detailed, and logical as well.

Well you can trust him on the fact that he said he'll love you the same, however what about attraction? I mean there is a difference between love and attraction, hope you know that?

Yes, he said he'll love you the same as before but he didn't say that he would be attracted to you the same as her was before, so it's possible that he may no longer find you attractive because attractiveness is also important in relationships. Yes physical looks, attractiveness is indeed important, there is no denying it.

Hence both attractiveness and love are important in a relationship, because a relationship can also exist if there is no attractiveness or little attractiveness but love is there, then it will feel like something is missing, but the relationship will continue to exist because of love ( factor).

The best scenario is if both love and attraction are present equally

Coming back to the topic, he said he won't stop loving you but then may not find you that attractive as before. Hence that will be a risk you will be taking if you go for a short pixie cut hair.

I have a suggestion:

What I would suggest is, you should ask him upfront about the attractiveness factor, you should ask him

" If I get a pixie cut will you be attracted to me just like you were before?"

Now, if he says

" Yes, I will still find you attractive just like before and I will also love you the same way as before".

Be upfront and straightforward while you ask him this, don't ask him indirectly.

If his reply comes like this then you can be 100% sure and you can believe him and have your pixie cut.

That's all from me.

Please ask me if you didn't understand anything.

• There might be like 5 guys on planet earth that are into pixie cuts

• @atomique Brother!

• @ConsultantIsBack

Yes, you're right there are very very few men who like extremely short hair on women, like pixie cut or boy cut.

I am one of those men who finds short hair, pixie cut attractive.

• I think a relationship of two years can survive a haircut - Anyway I think pixie cuts can look great, he might like it once he gets used to it.

• ugly ass hairdoo

• I did not ask what you thought of the hairstyle. But thanks;)

• one of the ugliest. Only uglier is buzzcut

• I wouldn't care and if he does leave than it's not a relationship you need to be involved with. (I'm not entirely sure why this question needed to be asked anonymously)

• Might as well shave half your head while you're at it. I wouldn't go for a girl with that hair style, only a select few can actually pull it off but it depends on your head/face shape.

• He probably won't like it as much, but you are what matters, not your hair.

• If he says he'd love you the same, then go for it!

In any case, it can always grow back.

That said, very few girls can pull off the pixie cut, so make sure you have the right face shape for it.

• dont do it.. not all women look good in that cut..

and we guys love long hair too

What Girls Said 6

• I would do it! Trust him, you guys have been together long enough, I'm absolutely sure he'll love you the same. Plus it's just a haircut. It'll grow back out

• How I see it is this; he can hate it. But there's also a chance that he'll love it and it'll increase how attracted he is to you. If he dislikes it, the you can grow your hair back out. It's a temporary thing. He loves you and he'll stay even if you shaved it, and it would grow back in time for him to get that attraction back before you die, I swear. Do what makes you happy and makes you feel beautiful. <3

• I think the relationship is now a step above this whole none sense. Most probs it won t affect really...
    Anw if you want try an app and see how you d look like or try a wig and ask him if he finds you attractive.

• I've had my pixie for going on a year now and not only does my fiance love it, but I love it too! It makes me feel very feminine. I have big eyes and full lips and a little nose with a bit of a slope so I think the hair just highlights all of that. I say do what makes you happy! Hair grows back. How long is your hair now? I would say ease into the pixie, get a bob then go a little shorter each time. Also not all men like long hair, that's just what they are used to seeing on women. Like I said, my fiance thinks my short hair is very sexy and fun and so do other guys (:

• If you trust him then get it cut.

• Don't cut it. Women always look 10x better with longer hair.