Do guys like the "Pixie cut" on women?

I am planning on getting a pixie cut, bc I am TIRED of long hair!
However, I've been told that pixie cuts is one of the worst cuts for a woman :(

Thoughts?

• That's HOT!
  • Nah, its ugly!
  • Indifferent/IDC
  • meh

Most Helpful Guy

• I like pixie cuts on girls. I know I'm in the minority on that when it comes to guys but whatever. They're not for every girl, but for some girls they look really cute and set off their faces.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends more on you then guys.
    ie) are you fine with having less guys approach you, but the guys that do approach are generally more interesting and genuine.
    Also, some will assume you are gay (or at least question it).

I will tell you this, it is all about confidence, if you style it and rock it and walk proudly you will look great! If you have a low self-esteem view of the cut it will most likely not look good. This you have to have the right face shape crap is BS, it's all about confidence, it doesn't matter your face-shape or weight.

What Guys Said 48

• My general idea with it is that it looks good on some people, because they have the face to pull it off... But for the people who have the face to pull it off, chances are they could pull off most haircuts.

For me personally, while it does look alright on select people, it doesn't particularly help anyone. (It's like tattoos in that sense imo). I'm much more of a fan of longer hair. Medium hair is good too. Short hair like a pixie cut? Ehh not so much.

I've never seen girl who I look at and go "wow, they'd look a lot better with a pixie cut" or even "wow that is an awesome pixie cut." I have seen people and gone "wow they have some beautiful long hair" though.

TL;DR; I voted B. It doesn't look good on the vast majority of people in my opinion.

• Most men prefer long hair. Some have no preference. Very few prefer short hair.

You are much likelier to find a man who is so desperate for sex/love that he feels inhibited about expressing his preference for long hair than you are to find a man who genuinely prefers short hair.

• It can look FANTASTIC, or it can be pretty ugly. It depends a lot on how it is cut.
    I guess the same can be said for most hairstyles.

• Nooo don't dooooo ittttt

• Sorry, hate hate hate it! Looks lesbian and punky.

• Why does it look lesbian? I see it very feminine in fact

• Very popular hair style in the Lesbian community. My own sister had a pixie cut for a few years. She is happily married to a guy, has kids and is totally straight but she would get hit on by women all the time simply because of her hair style.

• Eh... I generally don't. Some women can pull it off better than others, but in general, I don't think it's a good look.

• it is really hot but depends on the person

• not my first choice

• That's HOT!

• You NEED the right face for a pixie. If you have it, pixies are awesome, if you don't have it, they look awful.

And longer, shaggier pixies are the way to go, not ultra short.

• Only certain girls can pull that hair cut off. I think Rhianna looks best with that type of cut in umbrella video. You have to have a great face/shape as without hair your focus is solely on the face.

• I don't really like it if i'm honest, its very masculine looking if i'm honest. I think it's a look that only a number of women can pull off but you could be one of them. Give it a try if it's what you want and if you don't like it then youlll know not to do it again 😕. It's hard to know if it'll suit you or not until you've actually tried it.

• It can be really hot on some girls, might look bad on others.

But all girls I've seen with a pixie cut used to look hotter without it.

Then again if you just hate long hair, do whatever you find practical, it's certainly better than being bald or something.

• I voted A, but it does not look good on all girls :-(
    My feeling sais though, on you it will look great :D

• No I dont like those

• Why not?

• I dont like short hair on women and sometimes the other side of the Pixie cut they have a shaved down head

• I think it can look great on the right woman! Nothing wrong with doing that... changing it up, and growing it long again if you want to?

• Pixie cut is one of the worst things a girl can do to her overall appearance in my opinion. If a girl wants to gurantee that I don't find her pretty a pixie cut is the way to go. It's just never the way a girl looks her best. Hope you reconsider!

• I like it, but one that's not too short. Something a little bigger than those 2 and to a maximum of neck/shoulder hair.

• Very few women can pull it off. I don't like it.

• I dont like it.

• It's kind of like being bald. It's not attractive, but some people can pull it off.

• Hmmm. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. So I answered, "meh".

• I love long hair, I hate when ladies cut it all off.
    some women can really pull it off though, its rare, but I've seen it

• not really a fan of it in general. it can look good but most of the time I'd prefer longer hair

• Some look good with it so I said meh.

• You can 98% end up looking like guy and 2% end up looking hot

• I find it very feminine. My neck would be exposed :)

• Lol if you gonna choose your choices on being femine or masculine, you'd end up looking like Ariana grande who looks like a 12 yr old lol

• Can work with some women. Others not so much.

• looks like a guy from the back

no thanks

• Terrible, please don't do it!😕

• The two woman in those photos don't look bad... So I suppose for me it will depend on the style and the face.

• Oh and to me you look very beautiful in that long black hair from your profile-pic... But I think your face can pull of a pixie-cut. ;)

• Aww thanks sweetie :) I hope so

• More from Guys
    18

What Girls Said 14

• My husband would approve. He LOVES short hair on women, and makes the (entirely valid) point that a beautiful face looks all that much more beautiful with less hair to get in the way of the side profile.

Also, short hair exposes the back of yr neck and shoulders, which is super erotic. A lot of boys LOVE this... and aren't even aware that they do, until they find themselves in a relationship (or other romantic entanglement) with a short-haired girl. Then they get used to coming up to that girl from behind and kissing the back of her neck... and it's ON.
    <3

__

If you've never had short hair before, I wrote a few things you'd want to think about here (mho opinion):
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1890919-why-dont-more-straight-girls-have-pixie-or-chelsea-haircuts

Also:

* The ModiFace phone app can give you a VERY realistic idea of what certain haircuts will look like on you.
    One of my oldest son's (female) friends posted some ModiFace versions of herself to Instagram, and lots of people legitimately thought she'd gotten her hair chopped ahah

* You can also get a short-hair wig, and wear it for a few days, and see if the style "becomes" you.

Yolo!

• Personally, I feel like very few women can pull off hair that short and most men I know prefer longer hair on women for a variety of reasons. That being said, I'm sure there are some men who either like it or would feel indifferent to it. Ultimately though, it's your hair and you should do what YOU want regardless of what anyone else says/thinks.

• Lol don't listen to the 30 yo virgins on here who still believe women come in lists and dream of getting a barbie-like girlfriend lmao

If you have the right face, pixie cuts can be hot af and if you rock them and look pretty, majority of guys aren't gonna give a shit about the length of your hair ;)

• That's HOT!

• I hate pixie cuts, or extremely short cut hair on girls in general 😨 Im all for long glorious hair. 💁🏽

• It really depends on the woman's face. Some can pull it off, but with others, length is needed to help frame their features more effectively.

• I don't particularly like it on girls who are able to grow their hair out. People with sweet faces or daring personalities may pull it off, but even then I prefer longer hair looks. I think black women and middle aged women are an exception when it comes to boy-short hair except pixy cuts.

• I love having short hair... very low maintenance...

• Interesting, when I had short hair I spent way more time on it getting ready. With long hair, if it's a bad hair day it's just "brush it, put it in a pony and go".

Ironically, as I get older and have a harder time growing my hair out, this -- the fact that shorter hair is HIGHER-mainenance -- is one reason why I am still hesitating to get it cut short again.

• If you like it, that's all that matters. If a dude is turned off by short hair, it doesn't really say much for his regard for you as a person, does it?

• They rarely do unless it really suits the chick.

• I think you ll look hot with it :P

• They do not. I had one for 3 years. Guys were not happy with it.

• My sister has a pixie cut and it looks hot

• It does not suit all girls but i think just as long as it does suit your facial features and stuff it should look great and just as long as you are happy with it then the men should like it to.