Girls, does it feel awkward to wear a swimsuit?

Really simple question really. So as a guy, I'm not really overexposed in a swimsuit. It's just basically shorts without a shirt. And the shorts aren't even short, they're really long. They go down to just below the knee.

But with girls... a lot more is revealed. You're basically literally just swimming in your bra and panties. And even if it's a one piece swimsuit, a lot is still revealed. There's still cleavage, your back is revealed, and the bottom part is basically still a panty. And overall, my question to you girls is, doesn't it feel awkward to be so exposed in public?

I think it overall just depends on two things. How confident you are with your body, and how conservative you are. There are 3 types of girls. Type 1, the girls who are unconfident with their bodies, and to them it'd be awkward. Then, type 2, the girls who are confident with their bodies, but they feel a swimsuit is a bit too revealing to wear in public, so to them it'd be awkward. And finally, type 3, the girls who are confident with their bodies, and they aren't overly conservative, so they don't mind wearing a swimsuit, and to them it wouldn't be awkward. Which one of those are you?

• Yes.
    56% (24)
  • No.
    44% (19)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
Eh, doesn't look like this question will get far. Only 2 answers, and they're just for the poll. Looks like it wasn't really interesting. I hope I can get at least a few more answers before it closes.
Thanks for answering. It was interesting seeing all the different perspectives. Overall, it all depended on your confidence with your body, and how conservative you are. Hence the 3 types of girls I listed. All those who answered "no" are a type 3, and all those who answered "yes" are either a type 1 or a type 2. Overall, all the types are good except type 1.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• No I'm pretty confident about my body, and I love swimming so zero fucks given lol.

• Haha, I like your attitude and confidence. It would be nice if more people have it. Many people don't go swimming because they're a bit too concentrated on how imperfect they think their body is, and it sucks. The right thing would be to get it over with, and just do it. Like you do.

• Thank you! Lol

• Yep. If you love doing something, you shouldn't stop just because of some silly inconfidence with your body thing, or because you're conservative. Just do it, and enjoy yourself!

What Girls Said 20

• I'm not confident in my body but I'm really trying to, so it doesn't really bother me.
    I don't wear those bikinis that're basically just strings connected to small straps of cloth to barely cover the vagina/nipples

i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...ba6dbcdab7dd5c87b6e5b.jpg

But smaller pieces of cloth

I'm also not very conservative, I just dgaf, and I would wear a bikini out in public as long as it covered the essentials and made me feel nice.

puntarenas.com/.../surfer-girls-in-bikinis-3-2.jpg

Something like that would be fine because if the top slightly moves, my boobs won't be 100% exposed and the bottoms aren't just a thong for swimming

• Haha, I completely get what you're saying. Basically what you're saying is that you're confident, and you would wear a swimsuit. But not one of the super revealing ones. It'd have to be one that provided decent coverage, and that covered all the essentials.

And I'm with you on that. Swimsuits like the one on the top are just plain slutty. It looks like it belongs in a strip club. And the one on the bottom is a normal swimsuit, and it's just right. It's kind of sexy, but still decent at the same time.

• "Please do." Ok, that sounded a bit too commandant, and almost a bit perverted and desperate. What I would like to do is fix that part to: "Continue working on it for your own good. You'll build up more confidence eventually, with practice and time."

• Haha I understood what you meant. Thanks.

• I'm type 3 and I love shopping for bikinis I actually wear them round the house when it's hot enough. Like not even swimming just to walk around in something that is like you said basically a new and panties it's so freeing. so yeah totally comfortable in my own skin.

• Well you sure are a confident girl. Confidence is a really good trait to have. And yeah, around the house you can basically wear anything you want, since nobody is really there except you and your family.

• Yeah okay thanks

• Yeah, it's the truth.

• Nope. Will update pic to swimsuit this weekend.

lol, wait, what? ;)

• If I were you I wouldn't make my profile picture a bikini. I mean it's ok to put on a bikini at the beach/pool, where it belongs, and everyone's wearing one anyways. But it's a bit too much to make it your profile picture. Remember that it's just basically an aquatic bra and panty. You'll probably also attract lots of perverted attention.

• And a user who also answered on this post, @SweetHomicidalQueen , showed a perfect example of what's appropriate, and what's not. Something like the top picture is not appropriate at all. Wear something like the girl in the bottom picture, if you don't want that pervy attention.

• Asker- I was fully clothed. The fact that *YOU* think you can tell me and ASSUME what I did or did not wear, is disgusting and rude.

Don't comment again. Thanks

• type 3 for me. I never once felt awkward wearing a bathing suit it just feels natural. Everyone else is wearing the same thing if you are at the beach or a pool.

• That's some nice confidence. And I agree.

• Yeah, just keep it up lady. Consider yourself extremely lucky. Actually liking to do exercise is a huge gift, and a great thing. Good job. Most people find it a burden.

• thanks! I do my best :)

• Well when you look like this plussizeswimwear4you.blogspot.com.au/.../...y.html
    it is hard to be accepted into society where your expected to look super skinnny;(

• Unless you're overly fat, like 50-100+ pounds overweight (that's just plain poison for your health), being slightly chubby isn't a bad thing. It's nice to see variety in between people. There's the slightly underweight people, the average people, the slightly overweight people. And those women in the link you sent all look really good. They're a bit overweight, but only slightly.

• No, cause when I wear it I know the majority of girls who look worst than me in so

• That's a bit mean/rude towards the other girls...

Looking back, you were not being mean at all. I was wrong. You're just very attractive, and above average in appearance, and you're aware of it. You're basically "sexy and you know it."

Ok, bad pun. Lol. But anyways, there's nothing wrong with knowing you're more attractive than the average girl. It's even pretty good, actually. It makes you more confident.

And you sound just about perfect in appearance, too. A slim and fit, in shape girl with no markings on her skin at all sounds like heaven to me. Sounds like the appearance of my dream girl. If you're that beautiful, you'd better know it.

Just don't feel superior to them, just because you physically look better. But that's it. You're good to go.

And I hate to sound like a creep, but I often at times check through people's profiles. Whenever I see a cool person who stands out, I check out their questions, their opinions, their replies, etc.

And from that I learned that you have a 34E bust, and a 38 inch butt... I hate to sound like a creep, but you're just perfect, appearance-wise. You're hotter than the sun. A slim and fit girl who only weighs 120 pounds, has no markings on her skin once so ever (cellulites or extreme stretch marks), and who has proportions like that...

I feel bad for ever calling you mean. You're literally just perfect, and highly above average. I'm sure you look like an absolute goddess in a bikini. And 5'6 is a good height too.

I don't know about your personality, but if it's just as good as your appearance, then you're literally the most perfect girl ever. Both the gorgeous looks, and the great personality.

• I have some confidence, I just prefer a one piece. But yeah, I feel way too revealed when wearing a swimsuit lul

• Yeah, I can see why. A two piece is basically just underwear. And a one piece is basically the same, it just looks a bit more conservative because it covers the torso, but the bottom is still a panty, and there's still cleavage and back showing.

• I don't really see the appeal in trying to look sexy for random strangers. I think that's more for girls who want other people's approval or confirmation. Maybe I'm over-thinking it lol.

• They're not really about looking sexy for strangers, they're made that way to keep you cooler, give you a better tan, and make it easier to swim. But I see where you're coming from.

• A little bit.
    Still getting used to wearing a bikini after losing like 50 lbs. of course it's a little strange to me since I was so used to never swimming or people seeing my stomach.

• I find it extremely uncomfortable and I wear a tank top and swim trunks or shorts

• I didn't like it at first but I soon got used to it. Now I'm happy with it.

• Well congratulations for developing confidence. It's a great trait to be confident. I wish more people were confident.

• I feel awkward in the bottoms, like the top with shorts or something on the bottom I'm fine, but I agree I feel like I'm walking around in my panties in the bottoms, but I shake it off and do it lol

• Yeah, the bottom is pretty much just a panty. "I shake it off and do it". What do you mean by that? Do you just like learn to not mind it, and wear the panty bikini anyways?

• Yeah, I wear boy short bottoms so it's not as bad but yeah I just try and ignore my awkwardness lol

• Yeah, boy shorts ensure that there's no butt cheeks showing for sure.

• It does when guys stare.

• Yeah, those are pretty much just perverts. Glancing is ok and natural for straight males, but outright staring is just plain rude.

• type 3

Besides a g-string bikini, I'm totally fine with wearing anything.

• Yeah, those are pretty damn slutty.

• Lmaooo true.

• Yeah. Those belong in a strip club. Not at the beach, where you go out to swim and play with your friends, in a beach full of a bunch of random people, and children. Please have some decency, and only wear those g-strings and thongs where they belong.

• I have never worn a bikini in my life because I am too afraid to. I am even self conscious in a one piece...

• Depends on my mood

• Yeah, it makes me a bit uncomfortable when people stare.

• Those are perverts. They really should know better. Glancing is ok and natural, and they pretty much can't help it as straight males. But outright staring... please get better manners.

• Yes it does for me

• I guess I would be more type two. However, as someone with barely any boobs, I think it makes it worse just because bikinis are designed more for girls who are curvy all over. I'm not unconfident with my body in the least, but I completely agree with what you said about female swimsuits being very exposing. I think for some, who have amazing bodies, they revel in the chance to "flaunt it". For me though, I ususally try to avoid social situations where I might be required to wear a bathing suit, simply becaus I find it uncomfortable to essentially be walking around in nothing but underwear for a bunch of strangers to see.

• I've seen girls with no curves, and/or small boobs, that could rock a bikini pretty well. And I can see why you would avoid bikini situations, lol.

• I'm comfortable in my own skin and if it was legal I would go naked.

• I don't mind it. My body isn't really hot, but I don't really care. If i wanna go swimming, I'll go.

• Yeah, that's the spirit. I wish more girls had your type of confidence. You're kind of humble, but you still wear a swimsuit to go swimming, regardless.