Do leather jackets look good on fat guys?

I need opinions whether leather jackets look good on big fat guys or not. I really want to gift a good leather jacket to a friend who is bulky having waist around 45 inches. Will it make him look slimmer or fatter? Moreover which color will be perfect for him. Black or brown? Help me out please.

What Guys Said 3

• I guess it depends on how he carries his weight and the style of the leather jacket.
    Black is considered more slimming so that might be better than brown. Just take him with you when you buy it so you can find out first hand.

• 21d

The problem is he lives in another city and I was kinda hoping to surprise him. Well you think it is a good idea to buy him a leather jacket?

• 21d

Is that his style? Or just something you want to see him in?

• 21d

The latter one.

• Fat guys look very good in boxes...

• As long as it fits right it can look 'good' on fat guys. Even still, it will never look as good as if he lost weight (along with all other clothes)

What Girls Said 3

• He can look pretty good but it has to fit him right. it would be best if he tried it on. Perhaps you could ask for his shoulders width? If it fits in the shoulders and skims over the waist loosely it's goind to be fine

• yeah. the bikers

• I wouldn't recommend it.