Do metal head guys even like metal head girls?

I'm an extreme metal head girl.

But NO metal head guys are ever into me.

I mean seriously.

I would love for a guy to take me to a Slayer or Megadeth or Iron Maiden concert but they aren't interested? or what?

Just curious.

Yes or no questions are ftw :P

Most Helpful Guy

• well I don't know how you dress or carry yourself, but most guys, regardless of how they dress, are attracted to femininity... you can still love metal and all that junk, I do like metal a bit, that alternative type rock too, even more emo stuff... I like all music I suppose, but I don't try to mold myself to LOOK a certain genre of music... no tight emo pants/stupid emo hair, no metalic chains or nothing to look heavy metal... you can like something without dressing like it.

again I don't know how you dress, but just throwin' ideas out there...

i'll bet if you dress like a beautiful, classy girl you'd receive MUCH more attention. guys see beauty, intelligence, class/wealth in that look, and it makes you look much more approachable and pretty.

if you don't dress that way, give it a shot and see if it works for you. from your pic you appear to be a good looking girl! :)

• You might be correct , i used to dress alternative when i was 12 13 14 but after that i dressed normaly , girly , i had the courage to dress pink and put dresses ( which it was a big deal for me i never did it before ) and im into metal... i'm talking about real true metal.. listening to old school bands... but it seems that i attracted 'normal guys ' who doesn't like these stuff and when i tell them they just find that weird and this doesn't realy work out for me , i would like to meet a metalhead but most of them aren't realy handsome xD i realy like beauty too.. so i wish i can find a realy handsome guy who likes metal and other genres like i do.

• * most of them are not realy handsome here where i live *

What Guys Said 24

• Jeez, I'm the exact opposite. I'm an extreme metal guy and I can't find a girl who's into what I like. I'm surround by preppy college girls all day who listen to top 40. Or I get the girls who are like "omg I love Metal! Seether is like my favorite band" and I just want to shoot them in the face.

Seriously, if I knew you I'd totally go after you and that's simply for the fact that you're a chick who likes a real metal, the fact that you're cute too is just icing on the cake.

• You act like the girl who listens to the top 40 is bad?

• Real metal girls aren't hard to find where I live. Have you ever listened to Parkway Drive or Suicide Silence? Brutal sh*t :)

• Same for me in into metal but i attract non metal guys hahaha

• You are part of a dying breed, girls like you simply don't exist.. at least around here they don't.

if I randomly met you or someone a lot like you, I'd feel compelled to ask you to hang out, come to band practice, whatever, just to see what, if anything happens. I saw your photo, its hard to believe you're having any trouble. Maybe it's just the people in your area.

I think, to just about every girl in my area liking rock music is a sin and being good with a rock instrument is as interesting as watching grass grow. I'm at least glad to know there are girls who know who Iron Maiden is.

• I wish I was where you live lol. Metalhead girls where I live are most certainly not a dying breed, and I'm not that attractive, to be honest. I'd love for a guy that's into Parkway or Devil Wears Prada, Slipknot, Murderdolls etc to just have some sort of convo with me. It'd be interesting haha. Oh well :/

• I don't understand how there isn't a single guy that likes both metal and you. You're really cute. Of course guys would take you to one of the concerts mentioned. My friends all took their girlfriends to the Mayhem concerts, Static-X concert, etc.

It's just somewhat rare to find a girl that's attractive, not covered in 10+ facial piercings, and like's that type of music. Of course there are those girls (whom are always awesome imo :P ), but again, not common. At least around here. Just find a guy you like, and if he likes the same music as you, and there's a concert coming up... well there you go.

• Where I'm from (Wisconsin), it is EXTREMELY hard to find a woman who would want to go to a metal concert with me. I know three metalheads in the area. I'm in a permanent friend zone with one (hey, it's better than nothing). Another has a boyfriend who goes to Michigan State (And he drives out like every other weekend...how's that gas bill coming?), and the other one is rather reclusive to the point where she builds walls around herself.

I guarantee you that if a woman were to ever come out of nowhere, approach me and say "Hey, nice shirt! I totally love Blind Guardian too!" my first thought would be "OK, how long should I wait before asking her out?"

• The problem with most metalhead girls is that, like most metalhead guys, they seem to think everybody needs to know about it. For some dipsh*t reason most metalheads seem to think they have to dress in all black, have long hair, wear wristbands or whatever. I''ve been a metalhead for about 10 years and have never changed my physical appearance to look like one, I just look like a normal guy. If there was a girly looking girl who was into metal that'd certainly be appealling. Judging by your pics and username you don't fit into that category

Plus, you don't even listen to real metal :P.. I checked out your MySpace and its all american heavy metal, or metalcore or sh*tty pop rock (*cough*nickelback*/cough*). Only real death metal you've got there is Dimmu Borgir and Children Of Bodom and theyre like two out of three of the most popular death metal bands in the world, everyone listens to them lmao. *bracing myself for music argument* :P

• I love metalhead girls but they're hard to find. I've only seen 2. One was already taken and I'm not interested in the other. I could go to a concert to find one but I don't want to go alone especially since I don't have long hair because I have thinning hair and feel like I will get jumped by a pack of metalheads. If I do see one I'd be intimidated by them because I feel like I don't stand a chance of getting them simply because I don't look like the stereotypical metalhead.

Anyways, I'd prefer being with a woman that's kind of the complete opposite of me. The reason for that is because I feel like if I got with a woman that was a metalhead than her personality would be a lot like me. So, I prefer a woman like Valerie Poxleitner.

• "jumped by a pack of metalheads"? You EVER been to a metal gig? Metalheads really aren't violent at all.. Pretty laid back people, just there for the music.

• I've never to metal gig. I did however see the long line of metalheads standing outside to get into the BFMV concert. They didn't look friendly at all. I also got dirty looks from a lot of them. I also saw that I wasn't dressed the way they were so I left.

• This is why "BFMV concert", those people are probably full of themselves. It is, by far, the most mainstream metalcore band in existence. Not that I'm putting down their music, I just simply don't do that, but I will say it seems like this band gets the most posers out of any band I've seen lately. Not all fans are like this, but god are the ones that are, are insanely annoying. But Leeggg is right, not all people who love metal are violent, even if their music would appear to be.

• Life is really cruel and ironical. Here you are, the extreme metalhead girl, troubling herself because no metalhead guy takes her to slayer and maiden concerts. On the other hand, there is me, the 29 year old metalhead, gladly discovered accepted metal as a way of life since I was 12 years old, still on the lookout for that one extreme metalhead girl that will make me hold my breath and forget about the music while watching her headbanging to Kreator or Destruction. The girl that actually makes the morning-hangover fun, after a dirty night of drunken sex, the girl that drinks with her man till the bar closes, and then still asks for one more song from Manowar. I kept searching for her, couldn't find her, had my share of heartaches, found only posers. Now, here you are, complaining you're too metal for most guys. You can never be too metal for me. But like I said, life is irony. I'm in Italy, and you're in USA. Cruel joke :P
    Whatever... Stay Metal, Girl. Don't change yourself. Don't change anything, clothes, attitude, don't change anything for guys to like you. Not worth it, trust me. If you're the type that wears leather, spikes and chains, I would even strongly insist in not changing anything. Stay Metal !!! Whoever doesn't like you the way you are, DOES NOT DESERVE YOU !

• i am a metalhead and my friends and I go to metal shows all the time. let me tell you, every one of us, and mostly every other guy I know who listens to metal would be absolutely ecstatic to take a girl to a show like Megadeth. us guys would really love to see the girl/guy ratio improve. its just that its a little intimidating because it always seems like metal head girls always have more than their share of guys to go with, or they're always taken; just always seems like my chances are low.

maybe its the guys in your area? because its the other way around, at least here in & around Philly.

• True answer is Yes and No. but from 2 different kinda guys.
    No answer:
    if you Just got into metal (as a chick) then its a no, cuz he thins your a poser.
    another reason for this is, he's not into "stupid" chicks. most metal chicks have no self-respect and just do stupid shit.

Yes answer:
    primary reason he hasn't talked to you is, either one or both of y'all are shy and neither has started the conversation yet, thus your both fails :P but hopefully this will make one of you get up off your lazy butts and go ask the other one if they're "metal as fuck" ;) that's a good convo starter. and leads to good things ;) either the dumb ones or the intelligent ones can use this ice-breaker ::thumbs up::
    most metal heads aren't rocket scientists, so if you run into the odd ones like myself who are going to school getting a degree in something technical. you have a tendency to stray from the rest and get lost. how to fix this: go listen to some music, yay you feel better, now go ask a girl if she's "metal as fuck" because fuck is metal :D and casual sex is a metal tradition.

• I LOVE metal and would be in heaven if I could meet a chick that did as well. I don't look like a "metal head" guy though, other than long hair I'm really conservative.

• As a metal fan (however, I don't dress like most metal heads) I can say that it depends on a girl. If she uses tons of black make up, has facial piercing, has a weird haircut and so on, I don't really enjoy that.

Here comes feminine stuff. Metal music is considered agressive and heavy, which is mostly enjoyed by males. Girl that is deep into metal seems to lose her feminine side, therefore most guys consider her as a buddy, but not like someone worth making close relations.

• Hmmm.

I see exactly what you mean

But I am feminine still.. so I don't think that's it.

• No idea. Maybe some personality problems, I can't judge because I don't know you.

But you look cute on photo :)

• Well, thank you for helping me out :]

and thank you for the comment.

• not a fan of the rocker girl sense of style. its too...tomboyish. I mean its cool and all that she likes metal..just as much as me but..i guess id rather be dating a girl who looks more like a girl. ya know? but with the rocker personality

• How can Girls understand metal or Hard rock? one of the main topics in the 80's heavy metal and earlier was the frustration of dealing with girl relationships and politics and so guys got together and released that through metal so I guess that habit still lives on today,it's a men's thing. girls don't fit in metal or hardrock or rock because they can't understand how we guys feel about them being rude or playing around with guy's minds I am sure not many girls get spine chills when they listen to iron maiden or other bands so they don't dig it...

• you're an idiot. I'm a girl and I do damn well get spine shivers when I listen to iron maiden. and what, girls are not interested in relationships and politics?

• why should the girls care how guys feel about them being metalheads, it's not like we need to please the little princes. I am a headbanger and a rocker and I want you to come here and tell me I need to go back to the kitchen instead of picking up my guitar so I can kick your stupid ass. You don't know the chills I get, the power I feel when I hear ronnie james dio singuin sacred heart, or the emotion when listening to helloween... please go listen to arch enemy and come back.

• No you are wrong there are girls who do notmlike sweet stuff... i look girly but i don't think as a girl lol

• i love you... jk. but seriously a girl that wants to go to slayer, megadeth, iron maiden?! wow. and I so would be into a meatal head girl. wow I spelled metal wrong

• Backspace button ignored?

• Seeing Iron Maiden June 20th!!!!!

Slayer and Megadeth sometime in August.

Good luck on making it to one of them :d

• O damn!!! jealous... I think I missed maiden. how were they? ya I would like to see the carnage tour, that's what its called right? I don't know on that. but if my friend is not working Thursday I will see lamb of god and 3 inches of blood in vegas.

• I'm also a bit of a metal head myself and tbh you look stunning. but I have to agree with eugene that it depends on what you are into, there is such a thing as too much interms of makeup/piercings ect but if you are happy with that type of stuff then there is bound to be somebody who will care for you regardless... and tbh I hope you find the guy you want to be with.

• are you hot? do you have the perfect body,im a metal head I'm in to cannibal corpse,slayer,black dahlia murder and sh*t like that

• Im a metalhead and i really like metalhead girls. So don't worry, you just haven't met the right one. :D

• Honestly not usually. (Real) Metalhead chicks are rare, and the few I know I don't think are that attractive. There are good looking ones out there though (like you if the pic on your profile is you, not Araya, the other pic).

• I for one would like a metal head girl we would have lots to talk bout

• well are you hot?

• ur to cute to like metal

• Metal is still alive? Those bands are still together? Is this 1988?

• Ya...metal is real original. (rolling eyes). Don't get me wrong, I grew up with a fair amount of metal and liked some of the bands, but I really don't think most of it is original or worth a squirt of p*ss. Carry on though

• No less original than any other type of music. All music draws on music that came before.

• i saw your photo and you look very pretty to me

• hmmm I been a metal fan for a while not purely metal tho :p iv never really met a girl who I was interested in who was into metal mainly because they usually have nose rings and moustaches and look like theyd probably crush me in the bedroom but if I found a girl who was into metal bands etc :p id probably be really happy makes them more interesting too. Id say to you its just a matter of time before you find a guy that likes you like crazy

What Girls Said 10

• Grrrrrrr...don't listen to these guys on here saying that being a metal head makes you less feminine and therefore less attractive ughhhh. First of all, you shouldn't change yourself ever to fit what you think guys are going to like. Why be all prissy and overtly feminine and stop listening to your favorite music just to win over some guy? Be yourself and be confident and that will work. I speak from experience, being a female who is big into metal, guys say I'm very different. If none of the metal head guys you've met were into you, probably was because they are more attracted to the opposite side of the spectrum from themselves, or maybe even intimidated by you (in a good way).

• I can't see why No guys are ever into you, you're very pretty and look cool to me.

I love going to gigs and festivals and usually find they're a great place to meet fellow rockers/metal heads (before and after at bars etc).

Do you approach guys at all?, sometimes just commenting on someone's tshirt if its a band you're interested in etc is a really casual way of introducing yourself.

Being an attractive young women, some guys might feel a bit intimidated by you, and sometimes us rocker/metal girls look unapproachable!

Anyway, Good luck, its certainly nothing to do with your appearance!.

Good luck \m/

• Thank you much!

That helps me out.

I just started going to shows and gigs, hoping to meet someone soon :]

• Girl.. You will find your metalhead dream guy. TRUST ME! It took me YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAARSSSSS, to find that metalhead man of my dreams. You will, just be patient, and don't go looking for him. I had met mine two years ago without realizing it and just recently we had met eachtother at a local bar, our eyes connected and he asked me if I was still go to the college and then shortly after invited me for beer and a game of pool. Soon after we fell for one other. He had confessed that he wasn't expecting it to happen, seeing as like MOST metalhead dudes have a tendency of going after the whole opposites attract thing and he even tried to get me interested in his best friend (he knew he was falling for me and was scared). It wasn't cause he wasn't attracted to me or found me ugly. It had a lot to do with the whole "wow a chick who plays bass and piano, there isn't any way" Granted he is trying to switch me over to guitar (he plays really well), cause of the fact that I'm very petite and you can only go so fast on a bass unless you are Cliff Burton of course :p. I am also teaching him some things on piano :) Keep your head up. You will find each other soon enough,.

• first of all I think its awesome a girl is into metal! . I kinda have the same problem except I think guys might get the impression that I'm weird because I love classic rock,metal,blues etc.im sure you will find a guy who shares the similar intrests as you! my guy friends are attracted to chicks that love metal! so I'm sure there are guys out there who like chicks that are into metal! if you really want metal heads to take you serious try to expand your knowledge of the vast and unique genres of metal,the origins,bands,albums,songs,band members and I'm sure they will be impressed. try checking out some local concerts/venues and attend with your friends,and strike up a convo with a guy? but don't change youself for a guy! by the way you can look feminine and still enjoy metal! if you want to wear a death angel shirt you can! and still look feminie! there are clothes made for females! but again wear what you want,be who you want to be! and remember not all metal heads are douche bags as some like to think! don't be afraid to approach one! take care and rock on \m/ =)

• Maybe it's because some metalhead guys (I don't want to say all) are as shallow as your typical 'jock' type guy. I mean look at the women in metal e.g. Maria Brink, who fronts "In This Moment". She is beautiful and dresses like Cherrie Currie (revealing). The reason she dresses this way is to attract a male audience so that they'll actually LISTEN to a girl metal band. It's just the mentality of some metalheads, I'm afraid. They can just be sometimes one-track-minded guys. But I'm sure there are many metalheads out there whose brains aren't made of metal too and would love to get to know a girl because of her personality not just her cleavage showing... (guys like Matt Tuck from Bullet For My Valentine, for example, from what I've heard he's a pretty decent guy)

• Oh and by the way, take a friend to a concert if you wanna go. Don't both waiting for a guy to sweep you off your feet. Just think of Joan Jett who snuck out of her house by herself to see her idol Suzi Quattro in concert. This isn't 1950 anymore. You don't need an escort ;)

• i don't think they really care, girls are just girls... guys are just guys... but all of my boyfriends were metal fans... probably cause we go to the same places. I never met a guy who liked the same bands as I do tho. I was always the 'kvilt' black metal fan, they didn't really like that... :) but screw the music

• girl don't change for anybody, there will be someone else who likes you just the way you are.

• hmm I see a lot of guys saying they'd like it but I wonder what kinda girls they usually choose...because mostly opposites attract and they and you might be attracted to someone with a different taste in music/dress/style/walk of life.

• i would think those are the type of girls they would specifically go after

• for years I avoided metal chicks because they are dumb and easy. I didn't realize how fun of a person they were, but I was 17 and very judge mental back then.

• Maybe it's because you're "extreme". If you were open minded maybe they will come to you