So I'm thinking about dying my hair grey...(pics included)?

I've always wanted to dye my hair a really crazy color. I have natural brunette hair, so I'll definitely have to bleach the hell out of it. Kinda nervous about any damage that may happen. I can't really get away with doing anything really fun, like blue or pink or purple. Grey is the craziest I can go, as it's still technically within the "natural hair color" spectrum. Gotta love those loopholes! Let's be honest, even if y'all vote NO & tell me I'll look fugly, I'm still most likely going through with it. :p
(The reddish color currently in my hair is already starting to fade...)So I'm thinking about dying my hair grey...(pics included)?

• GO FOR IT!!
  • DON'T DO IT!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for it! Because you're quite dark already and the red will take a bit to strip opalex would get it there faster without frying your hair. If you wanted to see how it goes without the full commitment you could always try a dark to grey ombré or balyage to see first and then when it needs to be touched up go further if you're enjoying it
    http://i66.tinypic.com/313no1y.jpg

• I've thought about doing this for months & I just don't want to be indecisive or play it safe with my hair anymore. The more "playing it safe" type methods I do, the more I just chicken out of the bigger goal in the first place. Then I start resenting myself later.

• Give it a go then 😊

• Thank you for your advice & the above photo is actually quite lovely. :)

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• Go for it

• You are beautifully suited. Try continuing with what you have , however you might look good in gray as well.

• I'm just tired of playing it safe with reddish tones or any other colors that blend with my natural color. I wanna try something new & out there.

• If it does not trouble you, please share your new look.

• Already planning on it. It will most likely be in the "How do I look?" section or I'll make it my new profile pic.

• I vote for no, don't do it

• Id stick with red or there's a red purple color as well but i don't think gray would suit you.

• That's a fair opinion. But I'm bored of red tones, they just blend in with my natural color & isn't the sort of "Boom Pow!" statement I'm craving.

• You could try blue highlights maybe?
      I wouldn't go for gray though I don't think it would suite you.

• I can't do blue highlights, because of work. Again, highlights isn't the craziness I'm craving. It's just playing it safe. As I've done with every other hairstyle I've had. You can very well think it won't suit me & there's a possibility it won't! Then I'll most likely dye over it a different color. But there's also a chance I'll love it & that's all that matters. It's my head, after all.

What Girls Said 10

• It may very well Be the New Style Here, dear, However... It's very Hard to Keep up.
    My sibling is Now this Color, and I don't Care for it. It's a Difficult color to Maintain, she has Already had Problems with it, and Has Had to go Back to the Stylist for More in Store.
    Keep what you have, Lovely!! xx

• I'm well aware of how difficult it is to maintain. I'm not the sort of person to go into something blindfolded, so to speak. I've already done plenty of research & I don't care how much money I'll be spending on touch-ups every month. This is something for me, not anyone else.

• Stay with your own color and just get it highlighted. xx

• Nah, no thanks. I'm done playing it safe when it comes to my hair. If the salon fucks it up, I'll just dye over it a different color or chop it all off & regrow it my natural color. No biggie!

• Sure go for it. I would maybe also consider trimming your hair a bit to shape your face a bit better with that color. And perhaps a side part. Don't get me wrong... the grey is cute and fun, but only on certain styles of hair. Good luck... hope to see it when you're done.

• Thank you for the suggestions. I'm actually growing my hair out & I'm going to keep up with the coloring as I go. I've done side-parts in the past & I just hate them. Not how they look, but the hair kept falling in my face & just irritates me. Which is why I just keep a middle part, as I'm not constantly pushing hair out of my eyes. But I am going to add layers & shape up the rest though. I will post a pic in the "How do I look?" section on here.

• ı liked it

• Girl, I think you should do it. I feel like how someone does their hair can tell you SOOO much about their personality.

• Thank you! I just always felt like brunette hair was too plain-jane for my personality. Whenever I see others with wild hair, I just watch them with so much envy in my eyes. & I'm so done playing it safe with doing red or any other color that fades into my natural brown.

• Hey, as long as your boyfriend thinks it'll look hot then you're golden!

• I want to do a crazy color tooooooooo!

• I think you could pull it off but since you're quite dark atm you'd have to bleach your hair to get there so maybe think about it twice because bleaching is like the second death for your hair.

• That's the only thing I am really nervous about. But one of my stylist student friends said since it'll be my first time & I'm going to professionals, should be ok. If my hair becomes too damaged, I'm not afraid of chopping it all off & regrowing it out. Most people who know me say my pixie cut I've had was my best look. lol

• No never! I've only dyed it the red in the photo by myself & that was after a stylist (not my friend) totally messed up my hair. So I don't trust a whole lot of people, but this salon I'm going to was recommended by a really good friend. My hair is actually really thick, so I think it should hold up quite nicely.

• Yeah I think you can dare it ))

• Well that's just fucking retarded. Unless you want to look less attractive and older? in which case, you'd be doing a bang up job.

• Well, congratulations! You were the first to be super-duper rude about your opinion. I should find a cookie or gold star for you. I'm already aware this type of style isn't the most popular & of the risks around it. I'm honestly not doing this to impress others. This is something for me & me alone. But if you want to discuss the level of attractiveness about the subject. My boyfriend is as excited as I am & loves this trend for young women. It's making the point that gray doesn't have to mean you're unattractive or too old to have someone get hard for you. But you can still have your opinion & I'll have mine. Cool? :D

• No don't do it

• Fair opinion, although if you read the last sentence of the post. I'm a stubborn person & will still most likely do it. Just was curious about others take on it.

• i went from brown hair to silver/grey hair and im a hairdressing student. i say go for it as long as you are willing to put the effort into maintaining it. mine faded quicker than i had hoped and i gave up and went back to brown

• I've already realized it's going to be a lot of money & time spent maintaining it. But I honestly wouldn't mind spoiling myself every month, going for touch-ups & such. Thank you for the advice though.

• Hmm, I am not sure. It may end up making you look a little older. I like red on you. I think it suits you a lot.
    Your pendant in the 2nd picture is pretty awesome.

• That could happen, which honestly I wouldn't mind. Maybe people would actually take me seriously for once. lol

The pendant was made by a friend from my hometown.