Is it acceptable for men to wear thongs?

I have worn them a few times and found them to be quite enjoyable (when you find the right one), but it seems there is a crazy stigma against men wearing anything other than boxers or boxer briefs. I like wearing them and my girlfriend even likes me wearing them. Still, I am concerned and nervous to wear them in public and even more nervous about changing in the locker room. Should I be, or should I just say screw it be proud of my choice?

Most Helpful Girl

• I consider myself as a gender role and expectation braker but guy in thong.. hard to imagine. How can it be comfortable for guys? I know it's rude but what about your dick..
    But i think there's no reason for guys to not wear thongs. Though i think most of people will never understand it, you should wear them if you want.

• Well I think I look good in one. My girlfriend likes it too. They are built with a pouch for the goods.

Most Helpful Guy

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 10

• You can do whatever you want but I find it a bit awkward. But hey if it makes you happy it doesn't matter, right?

• I think any person who wears thongs is gross. You're a guy, so I suppose it would be cleaner for you and not as bad, but when women wear thongs they're allowing ecoli from their butt holes to get into their vagina.

• I mean if you like it fuck what everyone thinks, it still don't change the fact that it's weird af lol but do what you feel

• It's a turn off to me, but you should wear whatever you feel comfortable with!

• If your girlfriend doesn't care, why should anyone else

• LOL! Are you serious? I didn't even know that they had thongs for males..

• Man thongs are weird and a turn off imao

• It's your right and life to wear a thong. Really why it matters if you wear thongs?

• It is not socially acceptable yet. However, you should wear whatever the heck you want. We are the ones who can change the social trends.

• do whatever you want, its your choice!

What Guys Said 12

• When you get older, you won't give a rat's ass about what other people think of you and you will realize. . . what a relief!

• If your girlfriend likes it too then why does anything else matter?

• You're assuming OP has a girlfriend...
      he's a gag male, the only girlfriend he has is his hand I'm willing to bet

• lmfao ofc

• I do have a girlfriend, so you would lose that bet.

• LOL I could never wear thongs... But yeah, sure you can wear whatever you want... Just don't change in the locker room and no one will see it.

• Why would you want to? and I seriously hope it never becomes acceptable.

• I'm a crossdresser. I wear thongs a lot but they're woman's thongs. I like how comfy they are and I love the designs on panties. I don't wear them daily just once in a while. I started wearing panties and bras when I was ten. But at least the thongs you wear are meant for guys. But you should definitely try woman's thongs I think you will like them better.

• No, that is just straight out creepy.

• I guess. But not women's thongs

• Not very comfortable but sometimes they are better than boxers. Too tight for me in most cases.

If it makes you nervous than just wear them when you don't need to change in locker that day etc.

• resources1.news.com.au/.../...e-smugglers-039-.jpg

This is the former Australian Prime Minister wearing 1.
    I reckon its a bad look.

• That sounds awful so I would say no.

• Sure. Have fun,
    It's not like most people will even know about it anyway.

• My package would look huge in a thong... this sounds like a really good idea