What is the male equivalent of make up?

And please dont say beards. Beards are a natural part of your face, make up is not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make up. Guys think if they wear it, it has to be all lipstick and eyeliner but things like foundation and concealer, when applied correctly, are meant to mimic a natural flawless skin tone. Just about every other thing men do to themselves that is not considered natural to the body, aka, wearing cologne, shaving, lifting weights... women do that too so it isn't really male or female specific and neither is make-up either. Perhaps the way it's applied and what's used sure, but that's about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• There isn't much a guy can put on his face. One of the only things a guy can have on his face that makes him attractive is a scar. (Don't cut yourself intentionally­čś▒) if you must have one, play some sport like football and you'll fall eventually and get one.

What Girls Said 11

• Well my first thought was beards, because they do a much better job than making up hiding flaws.

In reality most women don't use enough make up to significantly improve their look but beards instantly make a huge difference

Other than that I'd say suits. It's just that a lot of guys don't get that and seem to think a tshirt and jeans are just as good

• Makeup. It's not a "girl" thing. Makeup is gender neutral.

For men who don't wear makeup, I guess I would say... facial moisturizing. Men often have better skin than women in general. Adding a good facial regime makes it even better! Hah!

• Wearing hats constantly only to see he's balding.

• Meh, just wear make up.

• Cologne in my opinion. My cousin wears it when he hangs out with his girlfriend - surprisingly since I've never seen him try to impress a girl before.

• 0|0
  • Beard is the equivalent of make up. Natural or not. It changes you features as much as makeup can.
    You can look hot with your beard and once you shave it you will have a different face. Just like makeup, it has the same effect.
    It doesn't mean you will be less attractive without your beard.
    It doesn't mean you will be less attractive without makeup.
    (also makeup not only made for girls)

• i think there is nothing

• Cologne I guess

• A well groomed face

• Makeup is a natural part of the face of it's tattooed on lol

What Guys Said 14

• Surprised no one has said lifting weights, protein supplements etc. Completely different to applying makeup of course but similar in that many guys (whether we admit it or not and myself included) do it at least partly in the hope of improving physical appearance.

Not that lifting is an exclusively male activity; more power to the girls who lift too.

• I hate to sound cynical, but honestly, it's money and status.

• Hair gel I guess

• War paint and camouflage.

• make-up, skin care cream/products, hair gel/wax, steroids, photoshop, etc

basically anything that isn't natural...

• Nothing

• A lot of girly men wear makeup nowadays.

• bullets

• Beard ;)

• long dick and status

• It would still be make up.
    It's not a gender exclusive product, it's just that we don't use it.

• Well, there's nothing that is male equivalent of make up :D

• Facial moisturizer

• Hair gel and lotion on your face