Do girls really judge a guy by how nice his shoes are?

Like if I wore nikes or vans, would a girl be more interested I me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think shoes tell a lot about a guy I love guys with nice shoes. I went on a date recently and de guy was wearing those pointy shoes for me that is a no no but some girls like em so it depends.Just wear shoes that you choose youself , they reflect your personality and a girl can tell a lot from a guys dress sense so you'l attract girls that your compatible with. Personally I think vans are kinda skater/music/sensitive guys and nikes are most guys but that's just my opinon either way you can't really go wrong with those shoes... as long as dere not florescent yellows and oranges that's just mad :)

• I have a yellow nike pair that EVERYBODY complements :P,, no seriously what's wrong with bright colored shoes ! they are different !

• Okay ya well there's your answer you like em wear em there obviously nice I everyboby compliments them therefore you shoul have no problem pulling the ladies :P

• Yeah I agree, After reading this I am going out to buy a size 17 Vans

What Girls Said 60

• Yes and no. For me at least. I mean, a guys shoes somewhat show their personality and lifestyle and I look at personality in guys, and I'm going to be honest, lifestyles matter to me too. So if a guy was wearing vans, I would think he was more of a skater type who doesn't have too many cares. With nikes, I would see he'd have more money maybe and cleans up nice. I mean if any brand of shoe though was all tattered and torn and dirty, I'd honestly have to admit it is a bit of a turn off.

I mean shoes don't matter completely. but if I want to try and get a good first impression off of a guy, I'd look at his overall appearance, which includes shoes.

• no. that's one of the most superficial ways to judge a guy's character.

It baffles me why name brands are always the rage or always going to define someone as being attractive or not.

I've dated guys who don't always wear certain brands of shoes and no I don't notice because I can't even recall what their shoes look like.

• eh, I've never really thought about it, but now that you say that, I guess I am a bit judgemental on shoes. like, I am into the skater, chilled back guys, so major plus if you are wearing vans or converse or something like that. it is totally stupid to focus on something as small as shoes, but I guess I do do it.

• I think it just depends on the girl.

Personally, I couldn't care less about a guy's shoes, just so long as they're clean and hopefully not dorky-looking. Brand of shoes or clothes is pretty much the very last thing I look at in a guy, if at all - if it looks good and is comfortable on the person, why should it matter?

But apparantly it does matter to a lot of girls, judging from the other comments... so I would say that if you'd feel more confident if you got Nikes or Vans, then sure, but know that it really depends on the personality of the girl you want to attract.

• I don't judge a guy by his shoes but I do look at them. its not like I mean do, its just that I look at shoes. If someones shoes look great and like work with their outfits, its like a plus. I like give them props. That doesn't mean that if a guy has terrible shoes I will hold that against him. If his shoes are like totally inappropriate or trashy when the situation like is wrong, I would like see that as a negative.

so long answer short, no but I do look. :)

• WAT. Unless you're wearing some shoe that is really noticeable and ugly, I wouldn't judge you if you wore nikes vs converse. Gosh, I hardly notice guys shoes. =/

• only if they are like really disgusting and make you look

like you have no hygiene,otherwise nope I don't care.

• I don't judge guys by there shoes, but when I see a guy with nice clean shoes on it catches my attention because it shows that they take care of themselves.

Shoes are the last thing id really look at though, I might not even notice them.

• its actually pretty funny I see this now because I was just talking to my friend about how I'm a sucker for guys in vans..but I'm not saying that's the ONLY way I'll date a guy. I'm dating someone now and he owns like 3 pairs of shoes wich none are vans. but I do look at shoes when I see a guy I may potetially like. it's just something that I do...im really attracted to the shoes a guy wears. but its NOT by how nice his shoes are...he can wear vans that are TOTALLY messed up. I'm just attracted to that and I do get a little teased by my brother but you know, I can't help itt..

• i wouldn't as long as they're worn well, if they're white with black socks aishhh no...and if they're totally dif. style than what he's wearing like checkered slip ons with baggy jeans is a no, but if there with some black jeans that fit him snuggly, I'm cool, or vans with jeans instead of khakis...see what I mean

• i don't judge a guy on the shoes he wears... but if they are nice and not just running shoes, then it's a def plus... it shows you take care of yourself and pay attention to what you wear. it's a good thing and it'll draw attention.

• yes. I do.

i have an obsession with shoes, theyre soooo important.

theyre not all I judge guys on, but yes, if the shoes suck, then I lose much interest.

• Why, exactly?

• I have no idea.

i love shoes. I like them on me. I like seeing shoes on other girls, it makes me want another pair like hers. I like seeing them on guys, it shows he has style and cares about his appearance. that's very important.

• No. Or at least she wouldn't be worth it if she did. What it comes down to is that girls simply don't want a guy that looks scrubby and like he doesn't care about his appearance. In a girls mind, grimy clothes = bad hygiene. We just want to know that you care about yourself. If you don't put any effort into yourself, what effort are you going to put in for us?

• its actually pretty funny I see this now because I was just talking to my friend about how I'm a sucker for guys in vans..but I'm not saying that's the ONLY way I'll date a guy. I'm dating someone now and he owns like 3 pairs of shoes wich none are vans. but I do look at shoes when I see a guy I may potetially like. it's just something that I do...im really attracted to the shoes a guy wears

• It doesn't matter to me just as long as their clean and not all beat up looking.

• I can't stand Puma or Nike, I think Addidas and DCs look way better. Though it wouldn't stop me giving someonea chance. Kinda dumb to turn someone down over shoes :P

• shoes say a lot about a person. I try not to judge, and if I do, I talk to them to find out if my judgement is true

for example, if a guy has some really expensive shoes on, then he is most likely too materialistic for me or trying to hard

if his shoes are in horrid condition and dirty, he is a slob or doesn't care what he looks like

both are huge turn offs

it depends what kind of women you want to attract really.

• Probably the nicest shoes I have every seen on a guy are dcs

link

Theyre pretty hot and will last.

A guy wearing the right shoes can draw the eye aswell. Ever see a girl wearing a lot of white? ;) that's what she's going for, it draws peoples attention.

And on everyguy they look amazing. they even make a guy seem taller.

• I actually pay a lot attention to shoes. That doesn't mean that I'd reject a guy right away because he isn't wearing vans. I think that the brand/type of shoe compliments your specific style. Athletes wear nikes and aditas, just like a person who skates would wear Vans or DCs.

• Some do. My motto: Dirty shoes means a dirty man. Clean, new shoes is way more attractive than old ones.

• I do think that the brand of your shoe would change the interested level.

Like a guy who wears Nikes, girls would assume he's more athletic.

Shoes give off an assumption of who you are.

But a girl wouldn't reject you right away because of your shoes.

• well its always nice to see that a guy dresses well and cares about his appearance

• Shoes never matter that much. The only shoes that I would not recommend you wear is hiking boot, just don't wear ugly boots and you will be fine.

• i don't but if you are wearing flip flops with a suits...i mights notice lol

• Doesn't happen with me, except I HATE sandals or flip flops on guys :P

• I actually like flip flops on guys... so it's a matter of opinion... :)

• Hey I make exceptions, but those who wear them EVERDAY ALL DAY. and uhh crocs?

• You sould not see me wearing flip flops since my toes hang over on the largest size

• i wouldn't say I judge them on their shoes but it's definitely nice if you see a little effort on theiir part, much the same as any other physical attribute in either males or females.

• That's probably the last thing I look at, or even care about. I love vans and converse but that doesn't mean I'm gonig to automatically like a guy wearing them. Same goes for a guy that ISN'T wearing them, I just don't care about shoes on a guy.

• i don't really care but I know of a lot of girls that judge a guy on how clean he keeps his shoes, according to them if a guy has clean shoes he has good hygiene if his shoes are all f***d up he has bad hygiene

• Shoes don't make the man so no.

• uhm it depends on the girl if she likes name brand shoes and clothes than of course...i think you should just keep wearing what you have and if she doesn't like that .! than she can go f*** herself??�

• More from Girls
    30

What Guys Said 14

• you can get away with the worst shoes, torn and tattered and it doesn't even matter. BUT if you wear those shoes you have to wear other things that shows it was on purpose.

The idea of style is to show women that you know the score.

• Often the first thing they notice...they judge by this sort of think at least until they see his car...

• If their judging you by your shoes there really just judgin your wallet so don't go with those girls

• Yes girls judge a guy by his shoes. That's like asking guys if looks matter on a girl. It's just the game. Learn the rules and master it

• wow! the shoes are shoes and that's all. as long as they look nice and are not falling aprt, you are fine

• Oh my judging from the girls responses mechanics just don't stand a chance, how about this, old service boots with grease stains all over,and no tread? Not that I care though, because I like wearing them because they are COMFORTABLE.

• Nice question man, I had the same question! It seems, generally speaking, the shoes are not that important...on the flip, I can tell you that I personally don't care too much for what shoes a girl wears either but clean shoes are important...

• my friend asked me what's the 1st thin I notice when I see a girl and I respond with face and smile and she replies with shoes so yea lol

• doesnt matter. But sometimes its raises a guys confidence which makes them more attractive to some girls

feel good about yourself and people see you better

link

• girls notice and comment on how cool my shoes are all the time. they definitely notice! :)

• i wear vans and they're not interested in me

• No, unless she has a fetish for it. I have never heard of such a thing like that before.

• no they dont

• na man if you had etnies on it would make the WORLD of a difference...NOT. what kind of stupid questions is this?