Girls: do you like wearing dresses?

I have this friend who is a girl who hates wearing dresses. It seems really weird to me that she doesn't even want to wear a dress to a homecoming dance. Is this normal.

• Yes
  • No
she wanted to wear dress pants or jeans instead to homecoming

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like feeling like half my body can be exposed at any minute, which can easily happen if I'm wearing a dress and there's some kind of breeze or something. People can also look up my skirt when I sit or stand in different positions. I just like feeling more covered up...I wear dresses when I absolutely have to, but I usually end up feeling kind of exposed. I don't like it. Plus, so many dresses are cut to expose shoulders, cleavage, backs, et cetera. I don't like that either. If the material slips, so many things can go wrong.

What Girls Said 25

• I guess that's the way she's brought up or she really detests them like it sounds. I like wearing dresses so I'm her polar opposite

• I know three girls who have the same opinion as your friend. I invited them to a party in which girls should wear dresses and they didn't came. They said that they don't feel okay with this outfit.

I like to wear dresses . It makes me feel more attractive but there are some girls who don't feel comfortable.

So, it's normal what she thinks.

• I notice you are European, sort of..I have heard more Europeans prefer dresses and skirts. Is this true, and why?

• Well I can tell that most of my friends like wearing dresses but only in special occasions. It also depends on the weather. Right now it's Summer so it's very common to see women wearing dresses and skirts . I guess is because we live in cold and rainy countries and when Summer comes in we decide to wear clothes that we can't use in the rest of the year.

So it's true.

Hope it helps

• I'm not a huge fan of dresses. You're lucky if you see me in one once a year. For formals though, I would wear a dress, but I do know girls who went to prom in pants.

• Some girls just don't feel like they have the right body to wear a dress, making them feel uncomfortable and exposed. I don't really like wearing dresses very often. But I did for homecoming anyway. Maybe she's just really insecure and feels better with more clothes on.

• I looove dresses. I feel like they compliment my figure the best haha. Dresses and skirts is all I wear :)

• No it's not normal for a girl to not want to wear a dress to a dance. That's pretty weird. Guess she's a tom-girl.

For dances tho and for other special occasions, a dress is the only option personally. I love getting all dolled up. BUT, not regularly. If I'm just going to school or going shopping or doing whatever, I'll usually wear pants and a shirt.

• Though I hate to admit it, she does have a point..most girls plan their weddings by the age of 5. complete with wedding gowns and everything. It does seem odd now that I hear this answer

• I like dresses but I hate wearing them, they fell uncomfortable to me. If anyone ever saw me in a dress there's a 95% chance I was forced. I only recently stopped wearing shorts under my dresses T.T

• I HATE wearing dresses... my boyfriend and I decided to our schools dance that was going on my planned outfit was going to be wearing skinny jeans with some high top shoes and a nice shirt... BUT there was a dress code saying all the girls had to wear dresses...so I wore a black kinda short dress with high top shoes I had to admit I lukd pretty nice everybody said tht I had the coolest luk there...but that dress got on my nerves...

• Again, I think school dress codes are a violation of freedom of expression. I come from a public school system and I am also 21 so I know what college is like but..I never understood high school and lower, dress codes

• A lot of girls just don't like wearing dresses. Would YOU like to wear a dress? Many just think they are uncomfortable and impractical, or for whatever reason. It's pretty normal.

• They were meant to accent the womans body, not the mans. Women are far better looking than men. Hairy women or not.

• When I was in middle school and high school I didn't like to, and a lot of my friends felt the same way. Now I love dresses though, everyone's different and it's not that uncommon for girls to feel uncomfortable in a dress

• i have a friend who wore a suit to my formal but if its what they like let them like it one day they could change styles peoples minds change and its not weird many girls do this it could just be a faze in there likfe or just their style.

• Dresses are second only to my Jeans.I love dresses. Whether its a sundress, a cover up on the beach, a casual dress, or a cocktail dress I'll be wearing it. I have known a few people that don't like wearing dresses, because they are not comfortable enough with their body to wear a dress. Maybe if she doesn't want to wear a dress, suggest a skirt. Jeans are not acceptable to homecoming.

• Jeans would make it feel like it is just another day at school. It is a dance. Something out of the ordinary is more appropriate

• perhaps she's uncomfortable in them or she's just doesn't think theyre flattering. I personally love dresses. just let her wear whatever she wants but if it bothers you you should tell her

• She just needs one that would flatter her, does not sound like she wants to

• Is she a slightly heavier girl? you don't want to push her into wearing a dress but trust me, 9 times out of 10, wearing pants to prom will not only make you look self conscious, but also make you look like you don't even care and/or sloppy

• Prom?...or homecoming..there is a difference

• I don't think there's anything wrong with not liking dresses. I love wearing dresses, but I know a lot of girls who hate them with a passion. It's all a matter of preference really. I think its cool that she wanted to wear something besides a dress to homecoming I would do that too just so I wouldn't blend in with all the other girls or wear some off the wall dress

• yes, but not all the time! mostly during the summer or going out.

• I used to hate wearing dresses in my tomboy days because I felt uncomfortable in them, but now I love wearing them. I feel girly and prettier.

• Which proves that people DO change..sometimes for the better..sometimes for the worst

• I wear dresses for special events and occasions.I'm from Tx so homecoming is a big deal,I definitely wear dresses then.

I know girls who hate it,it's normal.

• But would any of the girls who hate wearing dresses try getting out of wearing a dress to homecome?

• I never said she has to or should.

• Oh no my bad Evangelina I was making a statement to the question asker. :)

• Yes, I adore wearing simple dresses.

Everyone feels comfortable in different things.

• Well I will only wear dress for special occasions.

• For special occasions they're nice. Not for everyday use though.

• Many women wear them for everyday because they breathe better on a hot day then jeans do. That is why men wear shorts

• That is true. Though many women wear shorts too. Personally I prefer jeans and shorts because they're easier to clean...and everyone in school here is casual for classes.

• Yeah I love wearing dresses sometimes. when I feel like showing my legs :)

• Yep I love wearing dresses but not with some black spandex shorts underneath.

• i love dresses. it makes me feel girlie and cute

• I honestly really dislike wearing dresses. Unless they're for a formal event.

otherwise on a normal basis I won't wear shorts, skirts. or dresses or tanks without a shirt over them.

it has nothing to do with religion or anything its just I feel really slutty when I wear shorts or a skirt or a dress or just a tank. even though its really not that slutty as long as it cover certain spots (:.

but anywhooo its perfectly normal.

• Clothes do not make you slutty. If you act slutty, then you are slutty :P

• i love wearing dresses, especially in the summer I love wearing sundresses even if I'm just hanging out around town. and for formals I tend to go all out with an evening gown or ballgown.

i really don't see anything wrong with wearing dress pants to homecoming but jeans would be pushing it and usually there is a dress code, I know my high school had a dress code saying if a girl was in pants she wouldn't be let in the door. maybe she could wear a skirt and a nice blouse instead?

• Is that not censorship of freedom of expression? You should ask your school about that

What Guys Said 0