Which hair color is more attractive?

Are blondes more attractive or are brunettes? This question can go for both guys and girls but more towards girls and why do you find that hair color more appealing?

• Blonde
  • Brunette
  • Red
  • Jet Black
  • Doesn't matter

Most Helpful Guy

• Through my extensive scholarly research of hot women I have come to a very definite, scientific, conclusion of hair types for you. This of course has nothing to do with the actual quality of the human being, which is far more important as I'm sure you recognize. This observation is merely objective.

I have noticed that female hottness, in regards to hair color, can be quantified and qualified.

#1. The largest majority of attractive females are blond. This could be the reason for the stereotype that blonds get for being the "preferred" hot girl. Generally speaking of course.

#2. The quantity of attractive brunettes are less, however the quality of there hottness, in general, seems to be of greater caliber; possibly due to their higher scarcity.

#3. Even more rare than this is the attractive red head. We almost never see red heads that are attractive. When we do, however, they are most certainly reserved as having the highest quality of hottness. This based off the same economic theory of scarcity. "The rarer the bird, the finer the prize"

Length and style of hair should depend on the personality of the individual and possibly who she wants to attract.

What Guys Said 28

• Hair color doesn't really matter, it is the whole package that I look at. Also with hair it is the cut, the texture and style that really matter. I love long full hair. Also I think certain skin tones favor certain hair colors, for example I have never been a big fan of black girls that have dyed blond hair.

• I would say brunette and blonde. We have a ton of red heads in the family already.

It wouldn't STOP me from dating someone with red hair, but It's not my preference. A lot of red heads DO seem to have a temper, though I know some blondes and brunettes who do as well. It just seems like the AMOUNT of anger is much more on the surface.

• You would have a temper too if you had to put up with all of the stereotype bullsh*t that we have to endure from people everyday. That and we have zero tolerance for stupidity so if a redhead has lashed out at you more then once, it's most likely because your stupid.

• i have very strong views on this lol. I think without a doubt the two most popular are blonds and brunettes.

in my opinion, a gorgeous brunette is always going to be more gorgeous than a gorgeous blond. both blonds and brunettes can be gorgeous, but a really good looking brunette is much hotter than a good looking blond, without a doubt.

• Yeah, but a gorgeous brunette just does not compare to a gorgeous girl with blue hair--now THAT is cute!

• No not really; I just thought that was funny

but it seems like something that should be a choice

• What makes a gorgeous brunette hotter than a gorgeous blonde? I'm just curious.

• I love girls with red/brunette hair! They're the best!

• If someone's gonna disagree with me I demand to hear a reason why! :p

• No no no...

blue hair is the hottest--have no clue why the OP didn't have that as a choice

blond hair is second for me

brunette is ok

and yeah, redheads do seem to have a temper, in general

also gray hair wasn't a choice either--NOT nice!

• Obscene !! well doesn't that name suit you!! blue isn't down because f*** all people have blue hair!

and hercules yep blondes defo got offended here lol that's why the disagreements

ive been bleach blonde , red, brunette the lot and I can tell you brunettes have more fun ;)

• I have a weakness for a sexy brunette.

I have yet to meet a redhead that I felt a 'wow' factor for.

• What about nicole kidman or kate winslet.. I think that light redheads aren't very striking but aubun redheads are... I suppose there in between ginger an brunnette tho... my natural colour is auburn so maybe I'm just bias.

• Nicole Kidman is cute, I can't say she is my type although a more up close and personal interaction might sway me. I never really found Kate Winslet that attractive.

I haven't met a redhead in person that I stood back and was just in awe.

I have however met and seen quite a few brunettes that have that jaw dropping effect for me.

I would love to meet a redhead like that...of any shade...but none as of yet.

• It is all good.

• I'm more attracted to the brunette hair color type. Why I'm not actually sure but that hair color mainly turns me on!

• I voted A, but I wanted to say Blonde with Brownish highlights. :)

• brunettes are the def the most beautiful/sexy. But blondes are hot. Brunettes for relationship, blondes for a fling.

• I agree with this statement that Blondes are for a fling and brunettes for relationship. That is usually what is associated with them.

• It all depends on the person but one combination that usually gets me is auburn hair with blue or green eyes especially green.

• Man, I gotta avoid the green eyes; so far, almost every girl I've been attracted to has had green eyes. I think that's god's cosmic joke, because I can't always tell at first what the color is... but it seems like I am drawn to them.

Even my first girlfriend, who I thought had brown eyes, actually had green eyes (contacts).

• Green eyes rock! lol

• God, I love firebush.

• I like redheads best myself. I don't know why, but believe me I've thought about it.

• Actually I got that reversed. I ment brownish/redish with blonde highlights.

• The only hair color I'm not keen on is gray.

• Gray is cute!! (only if you're under 30--taylor hicks got STYLE)

• I kinda had a crush on Wednesday of the Adams family when I was younger. I like the dark and mysterious look, go go Goths.

• i like brunette but I always end up with blonde.

the both sexy to me as long their natural

• Yeah, I don't really care, as long as it's their real hair color

although I do understand people dying their hair blue--that makes sense since blue is the best hair color

• This is just a hair color and you can't judge it on it's own. Neither blonde nor dark is beatiful unles this color matches the person's face. It's the same as asking - what is better salt or pepper?

• Definitely salt. It's applicable in a wider variety of situations, and appeals to a much wider palate. Its use as a preservative agent should also not be understated, furthermore... =)

• BRUNETTES and those Firey Redheads! MMMMmmmmMM

• Looks like some blonde has shot down all those who voted brunette! I added a point to all those who said otherwise...Someone back me up here!!!!

• Thumbs up :)

• Wildd you ARE the hotness ;) anyone else care to offset my "ding" that some BLONDE obviously dished out of spite ;) hehe

• I love a brunette.

• Blondes tend to be for me, but that's because they are extremely rare in NYC

• im going out with a red head but it really doesn't matter to me.but black for me its not attractive for me

• I always like brunettes more than any other.

• so blonde

• i like both hair colors

• Both? There's much more than just blond and brunette--the OP forgot to include gray hair and blue hair, which happens to be the cutest hair color. Blond is second choice for me, though

• I like blondes. End of question.

• love red hair. blondes too

I seen a girl the other day with light pink hair, I kind of liked that.

• you forgot blue and gray hair

blue hair is the best

blond is hot, too

my hair is brown

• My girlfriend is a redhead, so I'm kind of hooked on redheads now!

What Girls Said 29

• it all depends on the person on guys I would say brunette !

on girls if I see a blonde haired girl I always look for some reason!

but I know a lot of girls with red hair and they are the prettiest girls I have ever seen in my life!

ive had my hair white blonde,black,brown,redy brown, red and now I have caramel blondey colour so I don't know what id pick but so far I've learned when you have bleach blonde hair you get a lot of attention! but I'm loving my hair now it looks natural and not the way it used

• I find brunettes more attractive personally :) My current boyfriend is a deep brunette with dark blue eyes, I love it!

• If we're talking guys, I like redheads. They're always such demons in bed. For girls, I like blondes the best. Especially when they have that kind of thin straight hair that looks so good in pigtails. I love that look on girls.

• I like jet black hair. It doesn't have to be natural, I kinda prefer it if it isn't natural because I like it when my man is very pale, like me, so he can't really naturally have black hair, so he dies it, and it looks brilliant on him! So delicious! ;)

As for girls, although the same rule can apply I like red hair as well. Not really red, but more gunning towards orange! So beautiful! :D

• i have jet black hair so you'd think I'd like lighter hair but I think dark hair whether it's brown or black with a pair of light colored eyes on a guy is amazing! makes the eyes stand out! I always wanted to have blue eyes myself but unfortunately I was blessed with brown eyes that are so dark they look black! The guy I like has brown hair with very blue eyes.very hot!

• I like guys that have dark hair. They just become automatically sexy, mysterious, and they give off that bad boy vibe. Blond guys are cute but you can't compare sexy with cute. There are some guys that can pull off the blond hair and look sexy but that is very rare.

• As for guys I like dark brown or black hair, it's more appealing to me.

For girls, it's not the matter in color, as long as hair is long, shiny, strong, healthy, then I must think, "wow she has beautiful hair."

• I'm a sucker for guy with blonde hair. But I like brunette on girls better, I think it's more luxurious and glamorous.

• i've always had a thing for guys with dirty blond hair and blue eyes. its kinda weird because that's what I had, but now I dye my hair brown-ish red so its not as awkward as kinda "matching" my guy!

• I loooooooove red heads. They really attract me, right at first sight.

But blondes and brunettes are cute too, depends on the person.

• I usually like brunette guys, but some really hot blonde guys are exceptions!

• I think that if you are pale and a red head that it really compliments you.but I picked dosn't matter because like it's been stated it really has to go with you face and personality

• Most definitely jet black hair- I love the whole mysterious dark and handsome thing. :o) especially emo/goth just not too scary though lol.

• Brunette guys. They are ALL so amazing.

• I like blonde and brunette. As long as the hair color looks natural and looks nice on the girl, then it really doesn't matter. I am a natural brunette but every so often I will get blonde highlights. Around where I live, blonde is all the thing, so I rarely see any girl out there that doesn't have blonde hair.

• i did the poll and I said brunette. I don't know why I like it better but I do. its just more attractive I think

• hard to answer why I think brunette boys are more attractive,maybe because they're like some mystery! I don't know hehe =D

• i think that always depends. id never say that or that is more attractive.!

the hair color has to fit to the person and also I think that more natural hair colors are ten times better than fake colors. I personally prefer brunettes because it looks more natural.

• I absolutely ADORE dark hair on guys.

• I would say that blondes are hotter. brunettes look the second best but it just depends some

brunettes look better than blondes but over all blondes I think look the best. and I think that long blonde or brown hair not short. ewwww!

• almost every guy that I am attracted too have been brunette

• brunette guys with bright blue eyes! love them

• Hmm, I think brunettes are most appealing

• I kinda like Brunettes more, a lot of blondes tend to look fake to me.

• Red. Redheads are hot!

;)

• I picked red but I really like redish strawberry blonde that is hot!

• i like both. I think it is based on your style. I'm always changing my hair from blonde 2 brunette.

• I am one of the rare girls that loves blonde hair on guys. I don't know why, I can't explain it. But in the end, hair color is the least important thing I worry about. But I am a sucker for a blonde guy :)

• Oh yeah, blond guys are cute

but nothing beats blue hair

• girls with red hair are pretty, but guys with bark hair is the best