Do any other guys agree that makeup is trickery?

there was this girl I liked and thought was pretty. but then when I got close up to her and talked to her I noticed she had colored crap on her eyes. that's when I said no thanks and good bye. I think makeup makes every girl look totally different and I wanna know exactly what she looks like. not what her masks looks like. am I right?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a guy friend who always says this. It's really funny because he talks about going to a club and all the girls look super hot from a distance, but when he gets a little closer, he notices a lot of them are actually ugly, they just look hot from far away because of how much makeup they have on. hahaha

He's like "I feel so cheated!" LOL

The thing is, a girl can put on TONS of makeup and have it look TOTALLY natural, and a girl can put on a tiny bit of makeup and have it look VERY fake.

By the same token, a girl can look almost exactly the same without her makeup, even if she's wearing a lot, and a girl can look really different without her makeup even if she's only using a little.

So yeah, makeup IS trickery. The whole point of makeup is to look different, otherwise there's not reason to put any on! The only question is, to what degree is the girl tricking you?

Of course, a lot of times people end up looking anywhere from a bit worse to a LOT worse WITH makeup on, so how's them apples... hahaha

What Girls Said 8

• Well some girls take it too far and yes, they look very different with makeup than without. I often don't wear makeup and if I do, it's generally just a bit of mascara and maybe some lipgloss. It doesn't make a big difference but it makes me look a bit more well-groomed. Like Evangelina said, when you have to look good (for a job, interview, etc.) it's generally not accepted if you don't wear any makeup.

• It depends really...makeup is designed to bring out or enhance all females' natural beauty...from how I see it, you only were able to notice her makeup when you went and had a close look at her face...and it seemed like she was only using eyeshadow...so, to me...she's not the type of girl that rigidly follows the makeup schema (foundation, powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blusher etcetc)...and that you didn't notice any hint of makeup until later meant that she only wears it minimally...SO...she isn't really wearing a mask...is she?

• I actually follow a makeup schema like the one you described, but I apply everything minimally so it looks more natural.

• Oh okay....yeah, forgot to put in the thick application part...didn't intend to offend anyone...thanks kiki_bu11...:P

• Don't worry, I wasn't offended. I simply wanted to make a point.

• That's because when girls don't wear make-up we're said to not take care of ourselves,nor care about our appearances and to have let ourselves go

• That's not entirely true.

This is me without makeup: link This is me with makeup: link

I don't look totally different, do I? I wear makeup mostly because I have scars on my face that I want to keep covered. Also, I think eye makeup enhances my eyes.

• You barely wear any from what I see.

What he means is the colored crap you put on your eyelids and the powder you pat on your cheeks and the lipstick you smear on your lips which makes a girl look extremely fake.

• Yeah I can barely tell :P

• Well thank you. That means I'm doing it right.

• I agree that it is, if the girl is putting so much on you can't see her own face. But if she puts lip gloss on and some mascara, that's natural and it looks radiant.

• Hardy Har

• I don't wear it, because if a guy is going to judge me by what my face looks like, he isn't worth bothering with.

No way I'm smearing sh*t on my face every day to look good for men.

• um if you can't tell what someone looks like just because they have a little eyemakeup on that is actually kind of sad. I wear makeup (wearing some now) and I don't think of it as trickery. if you or any other guys do then oh well, there are a lot of guys who don't care about it either way, and some guys actually appreciate that a girl will take the time to try and enhance her looks. it could be the other way around and you'd be complaining about why girls don't try to look pretty and take care of themselves. I love makeup and I'm not gonna stop wearing it because of what some guys on this site have to say lol

What Guys Said 3

• It is essentially dishonest, but that is to be expected from women.

(I anticipate lots of down arrows for this comment)

• I think a little is okay. Many put too much on though.

• I'm okay with a little bit of makeup. I don't want it on most of the time, though. My ex only put on makeup for when we went to dances, and she got all dolled up. I was just fine with that.