Guys, would it matter to you if a girl got a nose job?

How would you react if your girlfriend wanted to get one?

Would your reaction change if it was for medical reasons as well? (not only cosmetic).

Girls, I would like to hear your opinions as well.

Just wanted to say that the surgery I need IS medical, but if I'll get it I'll probably fix the form as well. The reason I asked is because my parents are against it and they think that if I could live with the problem for several years it's not that bad.
This is why I'm wondering how everyone else will react.

Thanks for your answers, everyone :)

Most Helpful Guy

• If she is unhappy with her nose then I'd be up for It, relationships are all about making one another happy right? And if it was for medical reasons why would I possibly stop it? I would care more about the health of my girlfriend than her nose.

Plus it's most likely the nose would come out looking better so it's a win-win.

What Guys Said 2

• If your someone's girlfriend already they obviously like you for who are, how you look, etc.

If its something you need for medical reasons then I highly doubt anyone would be upset or otherwise against it.

• I'm generally against plastic surgery just for the hell of it, I don't know how a nose job would be medical, unless you broke it before and want to fix it.

• Yes, it would be medical if it was broken before and there could be other medical reasons like breathing problems or deformed nasal septum. Having a plastic surgery doesn't necessarily mean you just want to change your appearance.

• It's medical because many people have a hard time breathing in their sleep due to the septum

What Girls Said 8

• The people who matter won't care or judge, whether it's medical or cosmetic. They'd be happy as long as the person who got it done a) is happy and more confident with the results and b) be fine as long as there wasn't a deeper issue for getting the nose job and go too far with plastic surgery - heidi pratt anyone?

• I wouldn't care, becuase I personally want a nose job. I really don't like my nose; I think it looks very pig-like and weird.

• well if a girl just wanted a nose job just because she didn't like her nose I don't think she should get it ! Were all flawed .. but you no something like a 'different' nose could be seen beautiful beucase you wouldn't look like every other person.

But if it was for medical reasons I guess I could see why they were getting a nose job.

I myself think no one should change a thing about themselves !

and nose jobs don't usually turn out good ! not even on celebrities !

• They don't care.

Maybe men should realize people do not always get cosmetic surgery to please them,but some things are personal insecurities.

And call me later when guys start disapproving of Megan Fox's nose job

• i got a nose job and it changed my life! I was attractive before, but now I'm like damnnn lol people always ask me if I'm a model, and that I should really try it! seriously if your friend doesn't like her nose and makes her feel self conscious she should go for it! it's one of the best decisions I've ever made :)

• if it's for medical reasons than I have nothing to say

but if it's for cosmetic reasons, I would find her a bit shallow

• if I chose to get a nose job I wouldn't give a damn who had a problem with it. it's your face, if you feel like you want to change it that badly why let another person's opinion stop you? sometimes I wanna get a nose job because I think it would boost my looks up to another level but other times I'm like I'll just go with what I have. either way if I decided to change it then whatever guy I'm dating at the time would just have to support my decision

• i knew a guy who got a nose job, I was already in love with him, and found out later how he had gotten one, so it didn't bother me much because I knew him already and liked him for who he was, however...he was a bit cocky and the whole nose job thing, I just thought he seemed too self conscious and kind of insecure to go out and get cosmetic surgery. He was also rich and seemed stuck up =/ we never were official...but its because of other reasons, just didn't work out...