Guys, do you realize that giant muscles are unattractive?

Guys with huge muscles, giant necks, bulging veins and such really aren't too nice to look at, but they try for them anyway. Why? Why do you think it's attractive? O.o

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys don't workout for girls. I work out, because it makes me better. Who doesn't want to be able to run faster and lift heavy objects with ease.

I workout hard everyday and I'm not built like that due to genetics.Other guys have thegenes for it and get jacked. I don't see the issue with it. Why wouldn't oyu want a strong guy. We are quite useful to have around.

• Personally, my genes are the opposite of yours. I'm a natural endo-meso bodytype. I have to carefully watch what I eat & drink to keep my body fat % and water weight in check. On the flipside I'm naturally big & there gain muscle easily & have high natural strength.

I have to agree with your total comment. I don't work out "to get girls"; how shallow lmao. I have a healthy lifestyle because it makes you better mentally, physically & emotionally. All that leads to confidence & females like that. 8-)

What Guys Said 13

• Do you realize that not all girls have the same preferences? I've gotten some complements on my muscles but you know they were just being nice right?

In all seriousness I lift and get bigger overall for sports and because I want to for myself. If some girls don't like that oh well, I'm sure there are some out there that do. Besides not every guy that has giant muscles has bulging veins or bulging necks...

• If you don't like it don't f*** them, but there are plenty of girls who are into the big muscles thing. Though I think its all a bit back-dated personally.

• well I don't want giant muscles,i want to get ripped and be strong

guys tend to compete with each other in gym ,they just want to be huge than the other guy in gym

and sometimes I do envy the other guy if he has bigger arms than me and tend to work out more harder to be bigger

i think people who want giant muscles are the one who are into professional bodybuilding and they work out like 6-8 hours every day

• They were freaks before they bulked up, and freaks after. It just became more obvious.

Also,

"I'm a cop you idiot!"

• Maybe some guys want to do it so they can out-perform other guys, such as sports or fighting, or just because it makes them feel good or secure with themselves. Maybe they don't do it to impress women.

• Most guys just keep lifting weights because they like to. It's not like they'll come to a point and say "Okay, I'm big enough." They'll never think that.

• I'm glad I'm not one of those gym-addicted beefcakes. I actually stopped weightlifting because my amount of muscle mass I have is satisfactory. Imo (look @ my pic & you see that I'm naturally big & I don't need any more "size" lol.

I focus on endurance & range of motion/flexibility than actual "lifting" to gain mass. My workouts consist of calisthenics, stretches & use of resistance bands.

I could look like Ron from Jersey Shore if I keep lifting...but being that big imo is unnecessary lol.

• I put a lot of time & effort into looking that way.

Some people tell me because I'm a caveman I have the genetics for it.

• A lot of girls like it apparently. I'm glad there are girls like you who don't because I'm not really into weight lifting (jogging and swimming are fun though).

• I lift weights almost everyday but I'm pretty far from looking like that. I'm satisfyed with how I look now and I don't really want to get bigger muscles but I don't want to stop and go back to how I looked when I was like 15.

• some women like it , wt do you prefer... skinny ones..?

• Most women love that. The thing that most women don't love is a hairy guy like me for example.

• Pretty much a 50/50 split here - thank god for girls who like muscles :-)

• if a girl doesn't like mark wahlberg muscles, then I don't want her

• but theyre so creepy looking DX haha

• :P I'm okay with muscles, just not the giant ones that remind me of hulk. those are kinda scary.

with normal muscles, I only get kinda freaked by the bulging veins, it looks like it might pop ;~;

• like the ad on your question? lol

What Girls Said 11

• They might not do it to be attractive to girls? I mean, if a guy has big muscles, he's doing it through some activity, sports or weightlifting or whatever, and they put a lot of effort into doing that.

And some girls actually do prefer giant muscles.

I don't get it when people say, I find something unattractive, therefore nobody should look like that EVER. Like Jack said, if you don't like it, don't f*** them.

Although, yeah, for the record I agree with you, I don't like huge muscles either.

• I would have to say I disagree.

Sorry but To me that's hot haha, I'm really into big muscles.

But once again that's just ME.

• good to see their are lots of girls who like a lot of muscle mass - everyone is different and its all down to personal preference I guess...

• I love muscular men. Just because you find muscles unattractive doesn't mean that every other girl does.

• i would disagree with that , I am in lovee with guys who have big muscles , the bigger the better ha ha :D

• giant giant - oh lord don't even get me started but vin disel and close to the rock or formally known as dwayne johnson is exceptional for me

• Yeah. Gross.

• Yeah I'm gonna agree with question asker. Not attractive. Don't be skinny, but don't have bulging giant muscles like a body builder

• Amen

• ahh I hope they do! massive bulging muscles just is not attractive to me either. that doesn't mean I don't like muscular guys though, ripped guys look hot, just not when they look like they're on the verge of bursting out of their skin :S

• it really is gross looking

• why do girls try to be freakishly skinny, with their bones sticking out, they really aren't too nice to look at, by they try for it anyway...