She looks down until she passes me. Why do a lot of girls do this?

Not all girls do this but I've noticed that a lot do. When I'm walking around campus and there's a girl walking in the opposite direction and we pass by each other she looks down until she passes me. Most of the time they look right back up as soon as they pass me lol.

I think I know the reason but I just want to know if any girls on here do that and why you do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is second nature for me to avoid eye contact with men. It's not like I want to be rude, but it's about protecting myself. I don't want to encourage a guy that I do not know to approach me. It's a defense mechanism.

• Also, don't take offense when girls do that, because it probably has nothing to do with you as a person. I will avoid making eye contact with guys without ever having even looked them over to see if they are good looking or not.

• exactly what I thought, I do that especially at the store or the gym once eye contact is made I tend to smile, and than I have a guy hitting on me or encouraged its a hassle...

• To answer your second q, about what I would do if I found you attractive, I would still avoid eye contact with you unless you spoke to me. If I kept seeing you around, and you always spoke to me, then my walls would come down and I would feel safe looking at you. lol. Hope that helps.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm actually the opposite, I smile to strangers ha ha anyone :)

But I guess that some girls may do this because are intimidated (they probably find you good looking). I think that's why they look down hehe :D

• I do that all the time with the guy I like, Its so I don't make eye contact because I'm nervous around him.

• I do that! It's mainly just because I have nowhere else to look :D

• I do that sometimes when its a guy I really like, I guess its because I could feel shy or embarassed because I think that he doesn't like me in that way.

• What about a random guy that you don't know?

• Then I would smile and look at them

What Guys Said 2

• They don't want to get involved with you. Avoid avoid avoid~

• Because you freak them out with your crazy staring...

• Haha that's the thing, I don't even stare at them.