Stewie from family guy says that girls who wear red lipstick are?

attention seeking jezzebelles (sp?). is he right?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so, red lipstick is sexy.

It has a sex appeal to it, it shows your daring. If worn right it's very beautiful. When people wear really bright lipstick then yeah it's a little much. But if you pick a nice shade with your skin tone it's gorgeous! :) It's not hard to pull off a red lipstick, just most women pick a bright color and think it's good. When wearing a bright color like that, it takes careful planning. Or for me it does. I opt for making that my main focal point on my face. So my eye make up isn't there except for mascara and a bit of blush. Never want to over do it. I personally like a darker red. Not like a gothic red, but a bit lighter. I don't see myself as wanting tons of attention by wearing it, I just think it looks really pretty with my outfit :D

• dont get me wrong, I love it. ha!. red my fav. color and I love girls who do it but.i was just curious as to if people think he's right or not. you sound really pretty :)

• Haha I should think so! I only wear it with a black 50's rockabilly dress I have :)

• speaking of which, I saw a girl wearing a 50's style dress the other day, I thought it was really cool because it was "different"

What Girls Said 33

• Stewie also wants to kill his mother and dominate the world...Is he really the TV character we should be observing?

• its just a question why can't you answer it instead of questioning why I asked the ?

• No. I wear red lipstick when I feel the most confident. When wearing this color it does bring sexual attraction, since it is a color that men are naturally attracted to, and it is on the lips, which is a very sensuous part of the body. So if everything else is toned down, and the lips are center stage, I think its classy, and sexy! :)

• 1. Stewie is gay

2. most girls wear things because they like them lol

• 1. not really

2. not true

• isnt everyone insecure at some level?

• girls wear slutty outfits if theyre easy. red lipstick according to stewie says a girl is easy

• Maybe some, but not all. I wear red lipstick sometimes, even though I'm a super shy girl who hates attention. I think it's a very classic look, and I love old classic beauty and style.

• ur actually starting to get into it, as I saw from one of your questions

• A 16 year old in heels and red lipstick is viewed as slutty, while a 21 year old in heels and red lipstick is viewed as classy. I was waiting until I crossed from the slutty line to the classy line.

• you can't "dress" slutty at any age, lol. its how you act, stupid

• And for the question. No, I think if red lipstick is applied tastefully and the color is right for the woman's skintone, it can be stunning. I mean, you put red lipstick with a Bettie Page cut, simple eye makeup and a 50's style dress, you've got a vintage, classy look. Red lipstick can look two ways: really bad or really good.

• It's really strange to look at when the girl is obviously self-confident ABOUT the lipstick and how others perceive the look. Not pulling it off, then.

But when a woman is confident, well-dressed and, let's be honest, actually knows which shade of red suits her, applies the lipstick well and has white teeth (if she doesn't, it really shows and looks terrible), the look is totally classy, fresh even. Imo.

• Hmm, I love family guy! And Stewie ;P hehe.

But no in reality I don't think so.

I mean yea, it could be used for attention seekers, or just a way to stand out and be noticed.

I also don't agree that just because someone wants to be unique or noticed makes them attention seeking.

• why does wearing red lipstick make them unique

• Because not a lot of people wear it to be honest. And those that do don't always necessarily pull it off. So I find it unique when a girl can pull off such a bold color.

• and my fav. too

• i don't like red lipstick. it IS the shade that the stereotypical "Jezebel " would wear but it depends on how you wear it.

either way I think it's god awful. just...so ugly. and tacky. the list of adjectives I can use to describe red lipstick negatively just goes on and on really...

• yes but can you name positives

• lol I'm sorry I was just messin. like I said tho. I really don't think lipstick can define a person. I think it LOOKS awful and trashy, but I'd never assume the person wearing it is trashy...if that makes sense. lol

• we all have our opinions, stewie too

• Haha, absolutely love Family Guy.

I wouldn't say they're attention seeking, but red does really stand out. I think it makes a girl look more elegant/classy, definitely someone who had confidence not a lot of girls can pull it off. So, he's not right..

• LOL...

I love Stewie, but I'm gonna have to disagree with him..

I like wearing different shades of red lipstick, mainly because I like it..

It's apart of my style.. And the whole point of having a style is so that we can show just a little bit of our personality to others..

• D': I love red lipstick -_- I think it's sexy.

• lol, love Stewie but I don't think that's right.

• well idt really wear lipstick so I wouldn't know lol

• What episode was that?

• no

• you are the one making the claim, so you need to be the one to provide reasoning. You asked an opinion and I gave it.

• and you gave a one word answer without reason. I simply quoted what someone else said. you need an answer, otherwise, you're lying

• Damn straight. Let's burn em.

• lets not have another holocaust please. I'm jewish. just answer it the right way :)

• you need a lesson on holding a ar-15 really bad

• Lol Why is everyone hating on the way I held this friggin gun lately? I'll have you know I did very well! Course it had a scope with a laser, so why don't you make fun of that? It was like riding a tricycle.

• I think it gives off a certain elegence to it.

• really?

• Red or bllue?

• Nah...

• Jealous because it doesn't suite you?

• You can do better than that.

• Funny...well...not really...

• What about pink

• Why?

• What?

• Who?

• I think woman who have too much red lipstick on is unattractive, but if other then that I think red lipstick is sexy.

• yes, I personally think lipstick doesn't look right on fair skinned women, mainly white women

• yeah all girls who wear red lipstick MUST be sluts who want attention from men. because that's the only reason someone would wear red lipstick. not because they like it, it's in style, or they are experimenting with a new look - it's only to make men everywhere horny

(sarcasm for the slow ppl)

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 10

• In a way..

It's pretty well known that anything red catches your attention and makes people more attractive. Basic evolutionary psychology...

Furthermore, a study has been done in which they photoshopped two different colors (red and anything else) on some dude's shirt, after which they asked women about who they thought was more attractive. The guy in a red shirt won hands down. Stronger still: Even if they only changed the color of the FRAME he was in to red, the same response was there..

So there.. Red == attractive. To anyone.

So are they attention seeking? I don't know.. But in that same vein, guys wearing red shirts would be attention seeking jezzebelles (lolwhut?) as well ;p

And let's face it.. We're all seeking attention in some way or another.. So the more tasteful you go about it, the better, right... ;)

• theres attention and then there's ATTENTION. lol. hard to explain

• Sure, but then, if we want to discuss about 'attention', should we look at the application of '(red) lipstick' in general, or should we look at the intent through which it is applied? ;)

• When has Stewie EVER been wrong about ANYTHING? =P

• I doubt it, make-up is quite the confidence booster for some girls, so much that some girls would never think to be seen in public without it.

Plus red lipstick is attractive to guys, anything that gives a girl an advantage over the competition should be fair game.

• No, if that were true there would't be so many unfriendly women out there. Itg just fashion and red is an attractive and natural color. Wouldn't they look bizarre in, say, yellow?

• I can't believe you asked this question from something you heard in a CARTOON.

• eh, I've seen it happen before. besides, family guy tries to portray a typical american family. keyword tries

• Hey, it's Stewie. He wears red lipstick himself! He's just being a hypocrite.

• Red lipstick is for old ladies who stain their dentures with it.

I'm just sayin'...

• nto according to stewie

• Daaamn you! The deuce do you mean you gibbering blob of putrescent filth? Of course only elderly females wear that abominable shade of mouth decoration! Just ask Lois!

-There, Stewie said it :P

• Uh, you probably shouldn't take things on Family Guy too literally...

• yeah I know. I was just curious, I've seen other people ask things similar to the show, so I thought id ask

• Family guy is a TV show made for the average fat and low IQ american citizen. Therefore no matter what these characters would try to tell, even if it seemed legit or clever, just remember it was meant to make someone's stupid laugh.

• i remember when iw as 5 and believed cartoons...

• i remember when I was shut the hell up

• that was directed toward u

• i know it was...again, that was my point...remembering when I was 5...sigh LOL