Do boots make guys think "slut"?

Okay, so I absolutely love shoes - mostly boots. This includes anything from fur-laced wedged boots for winter to lace-up knee-high boots that pretty much look like tall work boots to thigh-high suede boots when I want to look nice.

Sometimes, I wear said boots with shorts or a skirt. A male friend of mine accused me of looking like a hooker and a teacher of mine actually muttered "streetwalker" in the hall at me one day.

What's the big deal? In cities like New York City and countries in Asia, the combination of tall boots and shorts is a very common one - usually accompanied with a regular t-shirt or some leggings; very innocent outfits. I adore boots and the way they make me feel empowered and attractive.

But will wearing them give guys the wrong impression? I mean, is that even fair? I know what "stripper heels" look like. I don't own a single pair.

Now, let me make something straight - I wear boots entirely for me, just because I like them, not to attract guys. I just want to know if my style, which is completely for me, scare away guys looking for a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't have a problem with girls wearin boots...if I see a girl wearin em I just think exactly what I see "o look a girl in boots" lol...i think some girls can look good in em but what kinda shoes a girl's wearin isn't somethin I pay attention to but anyway...just go ahead and keep wearin em if you want...it shouldn't scared dudes away and if it does they're probablye kinda "off" for stereotypin girls who stuff like that

What Guys Said 3

• 99% of the time I'm not gonna care whatsoever. If a girl, even if she was a friend of mine, asked me something like "what do you think of the boots I'm wearing?", it'd likely be the first time I noticed that she was wearing boots.

If the girl is wearing boots BECAUSE they give her the slutty look, then it ain't the boots that'll make me think that. It's her.

• If you dress like this link with boots then you're considered to be a slut.

• If your tall and have nice legs why not :) It will attract more assholes thought

What Girls Said 1

• Why would boots be slutty?

• I have no clue... :/ But a guy friend at work gives me crap about it all the time and says I'm giving the wrong impression. He says "slut" or "easy" is the first thing that comes to mind when he sees a girl wearing tall boots with anything other than long jeans.

• Wow. Don't listen to what he thinks I think it looks hawwtt. haha