I Have Scars On My Legs?

I have a crap load of scars on my legs because I was an extremely clumsy child. I was going to upload a picture to show you my legs and what I'm talking about but I took a hydrocodone, I'm drowsy and too lazy to get up and get my iTouch & I haven't shaved :O

Keep in mind I'm 17 & these scars are from when I was little. I've tried using bleaching cream on them but it's never helped.

Is there anything, ANYTHING at all that I can do to get rid of them?(whether from the dermatologist or drugstore) Anything?

Would it be in bad taste to wear shorts, a skirt or summer dress even though I have scarring?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't be ashamed of your own body, especially in things beyond your control. Embrace it. For example, I am missing my entire right leg. I use a titanium prosthetic leg instead. I also have dramatic scarring on my right leg. The Calf is horribly misshapen and scarred because it was shattered and mangled previously. I wear shorts because it doesn't matter what people think. If they can't accept you for who you are, then they're not worth your time.

What Guys Said 6

• Talk to a dermatologist... there might be some options for the really obvious scars, but probably nothing you can do for the not-so-obvious.

Ultimately though, I wouldn't care what other people think, though it's probably really hard for a girl to do when it's her body and society places such a high value on skin. But wearing what you want regardless shows courage on your part, and will win you respect from people that really matter.

• Not at all be proud of your body. Scaring can be treated as well with various creams and procedures, but as a general rule don't worry about it.

• Don't be ashamed of your history carved into your leg. Showing your scars, isn't a bother at all. in fact, it can be considered naturally beautiful in some sense. I say you should go outside in some booty shorts or some sh*t and show yourself off. It gets way too hot in the summer lol.

• I'm not sure, but if there is anything, a dermatologist will be the one who would know.

• Put up pictures anyway? =]

Anyway, nah, it wouldn't be in bad taste, scarring is fine. Scars are cooool. If your really insecure about it you could probably put a little foundation/concealer on it or something if they aren't big scars, until you can get it sorted permanently, if you want. But I'd say just go for it ^_^

• dont limit yourself to what others perceive you to be. you are who you are.

What Girls Said 9

• If you really don't like your scars, then I highly recommend bio-oil and taking a vitamin E supplement. Also, there's something called Calc Fluor 6x which will help to maintain skin elasticity and should help them bump back- they're incredibly good for stretch marks.

However, I'm like you. I fell over practically every other day but I've always loved my scars. I think my scars tell a story of the things I've done and been through. I call them my war wounds. The only ones I don't like are stretch marks from puberty. My body kind of went in to hyper drive and my breasts came in practically over night.

Also, I don't think that there's anything wrong with wearing a skirt or dress. Most people aren't going to go 'omg she's got such horrible scars'. It's important to feel confident or at least project an air of confidence. That's the best way of 'getting rid' of anything.

• I had the exact same problem. Knee down, my legs were scattered with scars from my childhood and I HATED them. Never showed my legs ever. I'm brown, so a lot of scar treatments are ineffective on my skin. I visited a few dermatologists and most were pretty useless. After about 2 years, mine have finally pretty much gone. I used bio-oil, to be honest. It takes a long ass time, but it does work. I was pretty inconsistent with my use, so I think it could have actually gone faster.

Use bio-oil twice a day (make sure you especially apply it after a shower) and rub it in using circular motions. Alternatively, you can visit a doctor and get prescribed scar treatments (super expensive, though) but I honestly didn't notice a different with those, because they are usually more specifically for new scarring. So really, I'd say bio-oil.

Also, get some zinc and fish oil supplements. Both help with skin rejuvenation and I honestly notice a different in my skin when I take them (as well as hair and nails).

• Thank you! I'm brown also:) I take plenty of vitamins and supplements haha, but thank you. I will get it since you and another user have recommended it.

• It's frustrating because you think it isn't working, but then about a year later you look down and you're like, "sh*t. Where'd my scars go?" lol

• I have heard people have great results with scarring from vitamin e oil.

• The scars show you have character. Reminds me of that scene in Gone with the Wind where Clark Gable touches Scarlett's hand and is surprised that they're tough instead of soft. Shows she was active and was hardworking as opposed to fragile...Might have been a bad analogy but you get the idea...means you weren't afraid to try things...

• you shouldn't force yourself to boil in the summer just cause you have some scars,people rarely notice things like that,and even when they do it's like ''oh a scar *continues convo and forgets about scars*'' not ''OMFG a scar! get away!''

• dont be ashamed, embrace it.

i have a big scar running from my ankle to about half way up the outside of my lower leg and I love it, I don't see any reason to be ashamed of it, and I've never seen anyone bat an eye lid at it let alone recoil in horror.

• I have a lot of scars too on my knees and from when I first started shaving but there is this good scar cream I know called mederma give it a try. I would say its OK to wear those things as you're probably a very cute girl, plus its hot outside

• I know bio-oil can help make it less noticeable, but it wouldn't remove it. if you're self-conscious about it you can use body foundation.

But in my opinion, scars look pretty badass in a good way. :p

• I have loads of scars on my legs and arms and I used something called Bio oil once and it did help but I got put off using it a lot because its oily and takes time to sink in but it is good. I live in the UK though and I don't know if its sold in other countries. And don't be ashamed of wearing shorts or anything like that, sometimes you think everyone else is staring because you know they are there but half the time no one notices. Good luck finding something :)