Is it genuinely hard to find a beautiful and exotic looking dark skinned black woman?

I think a lot of guys are more attracted to lighter skinned women because the media feeds society images that tell us light skin, long, straight, silky hair, and light eyes are the most beautiful. Yet, I just wondered if another factor may be that, it's hard to find beautiful dark skinned black women who look exotic. Most dark skinned black women I see, no offense, are average looking, have dull, fried straight hair from relaxers or straightening it too much, or weaves that don't look believable. Even if they do look believable, it screams "I'm conforming toe be excepted!" which, in my opinion, is very unattractive. I don't know this is just a theory, what do you think? What is your honest, genuine opinion? Be completley open :) I am a black woman btw

I commend the first three answers for your honesty :)

Most Helpful Guy

• No I don't think so, I am attracted to black women who are both really dark and really light in skin tone not really a specific preference between the two. I don't think its hard to find at attractive dark skinned black girl. I make up my own decisions not media representation

What Guys Said 5

• When you say black women do you mean purely black, or are you including mixed race also? In either case, I am going through a phase where I am strongly attracted to black women, both dark skinned and fai skinned. I have seen many attractive black girls lately. I am hoping to meet one when I go away on holiday soon lol. But like someone else has said, it's their behavior and the way they talk that I don't like. I know not all black women are like this because I have met some really sweet ones, but most of the black girls I have come across in my life have poor manners and don't know how to talk to people properly. Sorry for the judging and I don't mean to generalize, don't mean to offend you.

• to be perfectly honest I am white and I would not mind Alexandra Burke in bed, but you are right with the media. I cannot think of another girl that is black because normaly they are fowled mouths and I end up like walking away from them :)

• no there isn't, there are some good ass looking black women out there I am sure.

• I see outragously hot black women all the time. dark skinned and light skinned beauties are abundant where I live

• It's not hard for me to be physically attracted to black women but I often find it hard to be attracted to them because of how they behave and I really hate the way some of them talk.

For me, at least, their behavior is more of a deterrent than their looks.

• How is it that the ones you come into contact with behave and talk?

What Girls Said 6

• look these girl is beautifulllllllllllllllllll thumb up if you agree... (no homo lol)

link

link

link (my fav)

• I'm not saying that beautiful dark skinned black women don't exist. I'm just asking MEN if it is hard to find them among the public.

• Oh, I know that ...but these girls I posted have or are currently dating white guys...I but I understand where you are coming from though.

• lol have seen lots of pretty dark skinned girls. I could post pictures of my friends but I don't think they would like that.

• well I have exotic features but I am more medium skin.. but yes we are beautiful in all shades

• 0|0
    • some of those women are stunning. are you and the person who answered below the same person? because this question is old, you're both anonymous, and both answered at the same time?

number one and the last one just look like typical dark skinned black girls wearing a straight, silky, long weave trying to conform

• I didn't say she's typical because she's dark I said she's typical because she's wearing bone straight long hair that is obviously not hers like most black women. no exotic does not specifically pertain to mixed please don't be so small minded lol

• ok maybe in greece, sweden or places where there are no black people any woman of color is automatically exotic because there is nothing to compare her to...i thought you were talking about America, not all over the world. I can't speak for those countries, but I do know that around here, nobody is saying that a regular black girl is exotic. pretty, sure. exotic? no

• You don't have to look "exotic" to be beautiful. Exotic means mixed. Do you think a black woman needs to be mixed to be pretty?

The black community has come a long way but still suffers from the affects of racism and colorism. Black people as a whole have really only had opportunities to gain wealth since the 1970s and beyond. From my observations, most dark skinned black people are not rich or if they do have money, it is not generational wealth, their family has only become rich or middle class in the last 20-40 years. Basically a lot of dark skinned people are poorer in comparison to light skinned, exotic, (i.e mixed) black people. This means they are gonna have less money to spend on beauty treatments to make themselves look attractive. That's like asking why rich people tend to look better than poor people. Not because they are more inherently beautiful but because they have the resources to get beauty treatments and beauty aids.

the media has done a number on people as well. There are ugly light skinned black women but they get more of a pass because of their skin. But a genuinely beautiful dark woman is usually judged more harshly.

It is interesting that you are separating dark skin and light skin black women, but most nonblack people see us all the same. Notice the comments about "most black women have foul mouths/bad tempers/etc" these are all stereotypes. Most black people don't even come into contact with whites like that. nonblack people have limited social contact with blacks (outside maybe 2 or 3 token black friends) so it's unlikely that they'd get to know many black women on a personal level to really know if "most" of us are good people or not, but they go off of stereotypes and a few bad examples to judge the entire group. Check to see if you are doing that when you harshly judge the beauty of dark skinned women.

• No exotic does not mean mixed. Exotic means unusual or different. I'm a dark skinned woman! lol all of that sounds like a broken record to me! I'm not separating us! it's just a genuine wonder if, us dark skinned black girls are not viewed as it exotic

• omg no they are not what are you 12? maybe black people are or some white Americans, but in places like Greece, Sweeden, Italy, and Egypt where there aren't many black people, they find us exotic. trust me I've been there

• i'm not talking about foreign countries, I'm talking about AMERICA! if you're the only black person around of course you stand out there

• Just going off of what I've been told, it is harder because oh the media and the stereotype of all black woman being "ghetto". I'm black and I don't use Ebonics nor have a waeve. People are always giving me names like the burnt marshmallow or Oreo because I am darker skinned but I act white. I do have a relaxer but I take care of my hair and make sure it's not dry and gross looking. People always ask me if it's a weave and some even want to touch it to prove it.

But anyway because of everyone thinking all black people are ghetto I think some people judge before they get to know us.

Sorry it's long :)

• I get the same thing! I think it sends a bad name to the rest of us non "ghetto" black girls.