My face is paler than the rest of me??

My natural skin tone is pretty pale. But since it's summer, my body is pretty tan, and my face is a few shades lighter. It's not noticeably different, but the difference is there. What is that about?

Most Helpful Girl

• My face is like that too, I think it's because I wash and exfoliate my face and not my body. I do wear a shade darker in makeup (I"m a Golden medium but I wear a Medium Tan). That way my face color matches the rest of my body a bit better.

• lol I didn't even think to get a darker shade of foundation. I look like I'm trying to whiten my face or somethingg :(

What Guys Said 1

• I have a friend who is black, except for her feet, which are usually completely white unless she's been in the sun. Its quite freaky, I call her WhiteFoot lol. Its really just a genetic twist when it all comes down to it. Nothing you can really do for it other than getting lots of sun.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah, I get a very similar thing in the summer.

I tend just to wear a slightly darker shade of make-up to make it less obvious.

• It's common.

Some people have paler hands (body), and some people have a paler face.

(for the body being paler - the face being a bit rosy or red is what makes it look darker...)

• Yea it happens. when your tan your body gets more exposure because I don't think you're looking up at the sun, are you?

• me too