Should a 20 year old girl wear make-up?

I never wear any for a few reasons: I'm too lazy to apply it, I don't really know how to do it and feel like whenever I do have it on I look weird (ie prom make-up made me feel like a drag queen), I have nice skin already, and I like to go jogging, biking, hiking, swimming outside a lot so I would have to constantly be fixing it and am not sure I have that much patience.

But I am like the only one of my friends who doesn't wear any so sometimes I feel weird. I have a baby face so people still think I am 15 years old and maybe wearing some would make me look my age? And also I don't know if it's 'immature' for someone my age to not wear any? Girls at my school walk around with a perfectly applied face and it makes me feel less...professional...haha...

Girls: do you think it's weird to not wear any?

Any ideas on what I should even use if I wanted to start wearing some?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not weird to NOT wear makeup.

I use to wear a lot of makeup because I had really bad skin and under eye circles and not very shapely lips.

My skin has gotten a bit better.

Plus I am not married so my husband says I'm beautiful with no makeup and hair not straightened so I have gotten really lazy and not done my make up or my hair for the last few months that I've been married.

If you want to start wearing make up and don't want to spend a ton of money here's my tip:

use a good foundation so you won't get acne, try bare minerals at Ulta, they let you try it for free so that you get a good color for you skin tone before you buy it. Make up artists there will help you. That will cost you about $50, $25 for the foundation and $25 for the brush.

Now for the rest of the stuff, I just use wet and wild, which is about $1 each. First use a wet and wild lip pencil for your entire lip, and then put on wet and wild lip balm on top (I use the flavored ones and they taste really good). Later your lips will be moist and have color for LONG LONG hours.

The second thing is use wet and wile eye liner pencils, use the white one for the inner eye tear duct and use the dark brown one for all over your top and bottom lines (use tight lining if you want). Try watching some michelle phan tutorials on how to do this. then lighly pat on some light biege eye shadow to your lids and then some mascara and make sure to lightly blot it with some kleenex so that you will not get smears. If your face is dry you will not get much smears, at least I don't.

Hopefully all this make up stuff will cost you less than $100.

What Guys Said 2

• No offence but a lot more people, Including me, Like a girl with HARDLY ANY make up on. Honestly you probably look better without it.

• I prefer a girl who does not wear make-up or wears very little make-up. Most guys I know prefer women who don't wear make-up. I think wearing make-up is more for impressing other girls than it is for impressing the guys. Most guys prefer to see the real face.

What Girls Said 6

• If you don't need it, don't wear it.(:

Me personally, I have good skin so I never wear foundation or concealor...and it just feels weird when I do. (I do however wear other makeup like mascara, eyeliner, etc.)

What I think is that it's okay if you don't usually wear makeup, but for special occasions (like a wedding, dance, date, party, etc.) don't be afraid to put a little on. Especially on a date, it just makes you look like you care a bit more. (I'm not saying you don't, but it's just like a nice gesture, you know?) And you don't have to wear a lot, but some mascara, eye shadow, and lipgloss can go a long way.

But when you're hiking/jogging/excersizing/etc. I don't see any reason why you need to wear makeup if you're already blessed with good skin.(:

Ohh, and if you want to start wearing makeup, just check out some tutorials on Youtube, there are some good ones. And the people who work at the makeup counters can give you good advice!(:

• You don't need makeup, but if you want to wear a little then start really small. Wear some light waterproof mascara on your top lashes only and a bit of light lipgloss. Then after a while you can add a tiny bit of blush. Just start with things like that and go from there. You can take off your makeup with a little cooking oil like olive oil.

Makeup can drastically change your appearance, but the girls who use it the most usually need it for things like zits, uneven skin tone, dark undereye circles, short eyelashes, etc, etc.

Yeah some girls just like to look done up with tons of makeup, but in most people's opinion, that's not the best look, it's more of a trend. I say go with some really light mascara, lipgloss, and blush, and that way you can fit without going overboard.

• I didn't start wearing makeup until I was 19 or 20, and it was for pretty much the same reasons as you. Through experimentation I found that makeup can be fun, if you end up liking it.

Because I had no practice I'm really bad at applying makeup on my own. I have to watch YouTube makeup guru tutorial videos. I always end up with interesting looks and often get complimented on them by my friends.

If you decide you want to try makeup, start looking up videos and trying looks you like.

• This is a silly question. Of course you do whatever you feel like. Some people wear make up, some people don't. It's a preference not a requirement.

• Well its not weird as you are 20 I started using make up by that time and gosh I feel prettier and really can live without foundation and mascara...

If your skin is great just use sunblock and mascara without color and a lip balm that's enough just to make a difference you Will see...

Mascara can make any girl prettier ;)

The trick about make up is to wear it in a way that it seems you are not wearing it, so guys say yeah I prefer a girl without make up but not really they just can tell the difference...

I have friends older than you that don't wear make up, and I just wish I could "paint" them lol

• You should know how to wear it. There are times when makeup is appropriate and suitable for an outfit. Browse youtube and look up the makeup gurus so you can learn some tips. If you have a professional job or go on a date or out with your girls you should have a little makeup on. I don't wear foundation (well very very rarely) but eye makeup is always good. You don't NEED it since your skin is nice and you're healthy, but it would boost your appearance instead of being so plain all the time