I wear granny panties?!

A friend stopped by my house one day and I had some folded laundry out on my bed. She walks in and starts giggling and says "Oh my god you have granny panties!" I was kind shocked. I never thought I wore granny panties. They come up to my hip and fully cover my butt. I don't think they are granny panties. They aren't particularly sexy but no one but me sees them on me anyways. I always thought granny panties were the ones that you pulled up to your belly button, or briefs. Am I wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• Thongs have become such a norm that normal bikini underwear is sometimes considered "granny panties" because they actually cover stuff.

I wear hipsters, which are like somewhere between bikinis and thongs, and my sister makes fun of me for them.

If you're comfortable, it doesn't matter what you wear.

What Guys Said 7

• Wear what you like, no sense in wearing something uncomfortable if no one is going to see it but you.

• if it is just for your own personal comfort it shouldn't matter what other people think lol

• If they are just worn for everyday use then it would be fine..however I would hope you would wear something sexy for the bed..

• Yeah! lol I mean I wear them during the day and then if I do anything I put on something lacy.

• Oh my.. I gotta need a pix of dat in ordah to judge 😍😍

• Bikini style, hister, boyshorts, vstring are not granny panties. Although some people say are cuz they cover ur ass, but they aren't. "Granny panties" are basically briefs or hi cut.

• Where whatever is comfortable. In my opinion, granny panties are just as hot. So pay no attention to haters:)

• I agree with you on what granny panties are. Buy some boyshorts very sexy.

What Girls Said 7

• Granny panties are indeed the ones you pull up to your belly button. You wear regular panties.

• i always thought grannie panties were up to the waist or something too! they usually sag at the butt! :O

some guy thought my boyshorts were grannie panties too...its okayyy people are silly like that lol

• i had some like that! (my mom bought them for me) but I take pride in it! ha ha but I joke about it with my friends all the time. when they complain about something their mom bought them I'm like "well at least she didn't buy you stinking granny panties!"

your right, theyre not really granny panties but compared to what people wear now-a-days I guess they seem like it.

• No, you're right.

You're probably wearing bikini style underwear and those aren't considered granny panties!

I wear them every so often, but I prefer hipsters and boyshorts

• It's your choice what to wear, it really wasn't her business. However, if you want to be sexier, you may want to wear something a little for stylish. It doesn't have to be a thong, if you don't like those. There are many choices out there.

• That's so funny! I think you're friend was just being harsh. And besides, if you're the only one who's going to see them, then I guess I wouldn't worry. But sometimes, it's nice to treat yourself to cute undergarments; it makes you feel irresistible through and through (honestly, no one sees mine either, hahaha).

• I agree with you. The ones you described that you wear sound like bikini's to me. To me granny panties are the ones that cover the lower part of the tummy and back as well as everything else. But I do know some people who think that bikini's are granny panties.