Am I the only person who thinks ryan gosling is unattractive?

I think he's face is long and ugly, his body is small framed with no shoulders. Am I the only one who think so? I didn't find him attractive in the notebook, I don't like the character he portraits in crazy stupid love. I feel like he tots shouldn't be cast as that role, if I were any girl in the movie I would just say ew and walk away

Most Helpful Girl

• I have always adored Ryan, ever since "Breaker High". I have also enjoyed looking at him.

I do not have an issue with a man having to look 'hard' or 'mean' or 'tough'. I think these traits are often attributed to masculinity, for better or worse and so are factored in to deciding if a man is attractive but not necessarily physically nice to look at.

I will say though, that the Asker's comments sound like my thoughts when I see Renee Zelwegger.

It really all comes down to a genetic coding of which bodily proportions indicate the best procreation match for each of our bodies individually and uncontrollably (with Renee it would be " I guess I won't be dating her brother, or vice versa" ). How we listen to that is another story. Being aware of it and using it as an excuse for bad behavior are separate actions and a whole other conversation, I know *haha*

This question makes me think about the idea of beauty versus handsomeness and male physical beauty versus male attractiveness.

For me, as long as someone is living a healthy life that is enriching to themselves and nourishing to our world, I am going to be attracted. Usually, that lifestyle is evidenced in a healthy toned body.Coloring and specific facial proportions aren't a s important to me, I'll be physically attracted.

I would be as likely to be with Brad Pitt as with DJ Qualls although, again, DJ is such an authentic cool person, I prefer him.

Shia LeBoeuf was okay by me in his youth. I am not repulsed by his physical appearance.

However, the things he says and the way he says them, his attitude as he has progressed through his career all because a repulsion of him in me, even though I know he's had some recent hardship.I see him and immediately have that 'eeew' reaction.

Maybe the inability to believe Ryan as a 'tough guy' in movies like "The Believer" comes down to people's inability to see the thought and intentions coming out of a person as opposed to a cliché caricature of a scary looking person. I was friends with a few of the 'scary' people in school and at jobs and they are the same inside as the other people I relate to.

Although Ryan has beautiful coloring and lovely bone structure, his inner spirit is so beautiful- sure, he can be charming but, he is also authentic and humble and open while at the same time unapologetic. Therefore, in my eyes, he is naturally gorgeous.

If anything, I wish he hadn't felt the need to tat' up his beautiful self (;

What Guys Said 5

• He looks a bit effeminate to me, but I wouldn't say ugly. I never liked his acting skills, though. However, I'm excited about his upcoming film with George Clooney, it looks like a BIG deal. link

• I don't find him attractive either...but I normally don't find men attractive in the first place.

I know you didn't mean that when you asked if you were the only person but I couldn't resist sorry! :)

• I bet you aren't that hot.

• hes not a manly man that's for sure

• People have different tastes. For instance, just about everyone (it seems) thinks Angelina Jolie is hot, sexy, blah blah blah. Yet I think she's rather unattractive.

As for Gosling, I'm not attracted to males, but anyways I think he looked really weird in Crazy Stupid Love.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't consider him the epitome of sexiness, but I would never call him ugly.

• i feel like if I saw him on the street, I probably wouldn't notice him all that much... but his acting in Half-Nelson totally changed my opinion of him... he can be EXTREMELY sexy :)

• He's too old for me obviously, but I still think he's cute-at least in pictures.

• i think he's REALLY good looking. especially in this picture link mmmmm

• I actually find him kinda ugly but he managed to make me love him in "The Notebook".

• I agree, he's not cute at all. I don't get the appeal.

• hmmm... sometimes he looks good, sometimes he looks weird.

• Who is that?

• you're crazy. he's so hot. and his acting in the notebook made him that much hotter

• lol even if you do, why post this question? who really cares

• You wouldn't if you didn't actually bother answering

• yeah to tell you how ridiculous this question is. I hate when people call people ugly. all I know is that take a look at yourself before calling someone else ugly.

• So you do care. Interestinh

• I agree 100%!