Thoughts on men with facial hair? what style is best? or clean shaven?

It seems everywhere - from the indie rockers to the uber-fashionista's and even business men wear stubble these days. What do you think of it? I think guys with boyish faces look a bit weird with it but some people look pretty cool with it. Undoubtedly anything carved or overly styled looks massively metro.

As far as beards/moustaches - I think they are far more interesting (Vigo Mortenson's beard, Burt Reynolds/Tom Selleck taches ftw!) although likewise some guys need to accept that they are not yet cabable of growing one yet - hence the # of neckbearded/bumfluff faced teens trying to look manly when they just look like they glued their pubes to their chin/neck.

Personally I go through phases of stubbled/beard and then give up and stay shaven because I am too impatient to get through the beard filling-out period.

p.s. For girls - does it not hurt your face when you kiss a stubbled man? a lot of girls seem to like the look but surely not the feeling?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was younger, I used to be quite anti-facial hair. I didn't find it attractive.

At some point, my partner decided he wanted to grow a beard/mustache. At first, I was a bit resistant to it---I didn't want him to grow facial hair, but my feelings on the matter are that it's his body, so it's his decision. It took a bit to get used to, but it ended up looking really good on him and now I actually prefer him with facial hair. I think it's sexy and it makes him look more mature (he has a pretty young looking face, but he's 27), plus I like to touch it. It doesn't hurt when he kisses me, but sometimes his mustache tickles me.

Since my partner grew his beard (and maybe it's also due to the fact that I'm older now, so I'm finding a more mature look sexier than a young look), it's opened my eyes to the beauty of facial hair. Now I find that I do like facial hair on guys. However, not all guys look good with facial hair, and different styles of facial hair look good on different guys.

Also to mention, my partner keeps his facial hair very neat and tidy by grooming and trimming it regularly, and that can make the difference between nice facial hair and looking like you're just too lazy to shave.

What Girls Said 10

• Clean shaven is best to me

a lot of girls seem to like the look but surely not the feeling?

^ Not sure about the a lot of girls but yep on the like the look not the feel. The 1 girl in my friends who likes facial hair can't stand it during kissing & sex

• I always seem to be attracted to guys with at least stubble. The rough quality it gives is very appealing. Kissing with it has never been a problem for me either. I don't like huge amounts of facial hair though - long beards or huge mustaches are too much for most guys to pull off and still look good.

• i like clean shaven, 5o'clock shadows, and stubbles.

i don't know, but I kinda like the feeling of stubbles on my skin. it's the touch of a man, you know? :p

• Stubble is HOT.

A beard might look good on some and bad on others, but I think stubble looks good on every guy. It gives him a little edge, and he looks more gruff. Love it.

• I love stubble! it's so hot ;) and no it doesn't hurt x

• I love long beards for some reason I also like moustaches. I don't like stubble it hurts.

• I like Facial hair on guys...I hate Pedo mustaches and Goatees...on guys...

A 5 o clock shadow looks cute...a chin strap is good... I just like the hair not to be a santa beard.

• I love stubble. I agree with anonymous, it's really sexy. :)

• Stubble is beyond sexy on a guy ha ha but I don't mind clean shaven either

• The hottest thing is stubble...the 5 o clock shadow or a little heavier that is shaped like a beard but not yet a beard. So sexy. Even though this is my favorite, some men look better clean-shaven. For example I think this looks sexy on younger men in their 20s and 30s but once a man is starting to grow gray he can still be attractive in a George Clooney type of way but at that point cleanshaven tends to look better.

What Guys Said 0