I'm more physically attracted to average-looking girls. Is this normal?

Is it normal to be more attracted to average-looking girls than hot ones? I don't know what it is but I've noticed lately that average-looking girls are catching my eye a lot, more than hot girls and I don't know why that is. And I'm talking purely about physical looks here. No personality involved because I'm just checking the girl out and I don't even know her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Totally normal. Even if personality hasn't played a role with that particular role, your experience with both hot girls and average girls is coming into play. You're remembering having a better interaction with the average ones most likely. Respecting them more, enjoying their company more, which plays a part in your attraction now that you're becoming more mature.

• You know, you're onto something here. I have always had better interactions and friendships with average looking girls. Now that I think about it, most of the girls I know actually are average looking or below (I choose to say below because I don't think anyone is actually ugly). I don't even know any hot girls. I know OF hot girls in uni and church and the gym etc but I don't know them personally. And I do think I have become more mature as well. Nice insight!

What Girls Said 5

• Your subconscious is picking up on stereotypes about hot girls being this or that in a negative way.. So your brain has just learned to go around them.. Completely normal..

• Could be that you are average looking and therefore go for the girls who are in your league... :) it's possible

• I'm actually less than average looking. I don't get a lot of girls giving me attention so I guess you're right.

• yes, normal.

• sorry, but just by saying that your still shallow

• How am I shallow? The average girls are more attractive to me than hot girls nowadays. Which shows that it's not always about hot girls.

• well you know that the hot girls are hotter, if you truly thought average was what your attracted to then you would have said these other girls, look fake, or slutty. (that would have shown your true attraction to innocence, or realness if you had it)

• Average isn't what I think I am attracted to. Average IS what I am attracted to. The hot girls don't need to look fake or slutty (even though some are) for me to find average girls more attractive.

• Yes...it is normal. I am kind of the same way with guys. I usually like the ones that are average or above but not super hot or handsome

What Guys Said 3

• I am too. The unrealisticly beautiful women usually only count on their look's and have under-devolped personality. It's the penalty of being good looking. They figure that they have looks and need nothing else. They also feel like they don't need to abide by common courtesy or decency. There are always eceptions of course.

Their arrogance and lack of personality just turns me off.

• "Is it normal to be more attracted to average-looking girls than hot ones?"

Let's unpack this sentence a little.

First, there's no such thing as a "normal" attraction. You like what you like.

Second, the girls you're attracted to *are* the hot ones, by definition. Who are these other girls you're talking about?

All that to say: I don't see what the problem is. Just go for what you want.

• To some degree, I'm the same way. A woman that doesn't have some kind of flaw is just like a barbie doll to me. They don't seem real.