For a guy is it good or bad having wide shoulders?

or do they make you look too top heavy and disproportioned? I don't really care at the end of the day...but recently I have noted some comments (kinda neutral/casual stating in a conversation etc.) and I'd never really thought about it up until now. my brother is the same so it might be genetic, I don't know.

p.s. I know it's not important really in the bigger picture, just wondering.

Most Helpful Girl

• My personal preference is for a guy to have broader/wider shoulders so I don't think it makes a guy look too "top heavy" or "disproportioned", a lot of the top athletes are quite broad shouldered, and I don't hear many complaints from them when it comes to the ladies haha. As far as physical attraction goes, it's definitely a plus in my book. And I have to say, the best hugs I've ever gotten have all been from broad shouldered guys, they're arm just seem to envelop a person lol.

Wide/broad shoulders = definitely good in my opinion.

What Girls Said 8

• sexy as hell ;)

• Broad shoulders=masculine=good.

• It is good to have wide shoulders for a guy unless they don't fit his body type.

• it's good .

• in my opinion...a very good thing because shoulders/arms are sexy

• I personally like boys with wide shoulders, they look like they are able to protect a girl better :) be happy for it as I know a lot of guys who work out to look bigger in the shoulder area. :)

• HOT

• Is he fit or is he fat?

What Guys Said 2

• As long as you don't have to turn sideways to walk through a doorway, it's a huge plus with girls.

• Girls like it. It shows that the male is more likely to be worthy of affection and passing on his DNA.