I think I look weird naked - am I being too self-conscious?

Lol yep, I'll admit it's an odd question coming from a guy, but I'm generally happy with my overall build (broad shoulders/chest, 6ft tall, strong arms/toned from lots of rock climbing) but I have been genetically handed down the small butt! as well as hamstring muscles, which makes me think I look weird bottom down without trousers/baggy shorts to hide it. I'm also naturally broad shouldered on the top half which probably makes me look even more freakish as well,

Am I being dumb worrying about this? I always hear how girls love a guys butt most of all and I think "shiiit, now I feel self-conscious" and don't like the idea of undressing in front of people or even just wearing boxers. maybe I'm over analysing things, hmm. I guess Idon't really care too much in the grand scheme of things (could be worse things) but still...when it comes to get naked time or semi-naked time I feel a little bit self-conscious about it all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely too self conscious! Honestly my boyfriend has flaws he will bring up every now and then. When he tells me I think to myself "I don't agree and/or I never noticed that". The size of your butt, ect is insignificant. Everyone loves a naked body, or at least I do!

What Girls Said 4

• I prefer nice shoulders and chests to butts! And tall is great too..Honestly everyone has at least oen thing they don't like about their body but you have to just embrace it and say F' it I am the way I am. :) A lot of guys have very thin lower bodies, its not a big deal!

• Don't even worry about it. The first couple times I saw my boyfriend naked it was kind of the same thing you described - broad on top and little on the bottom. I was so used to my figure where we're pretty balanced on top and bottom and you guys are just built differently. Pretty sure a lot of guys are like this :) You sound pretty physically fit and seriously, the girl won't care

• I think everybody has something their insecure about so no I don't think its weird at all..But especially when its time to get into naked time I think people feel more vulnerable

• Everyone looks kinda weird naked, but we're hardwired to be attracted to each other. No worries. Everyone has flaws.

What Guys Said 4

• don't worry sounds like you're in good shape and toned which women like more than being built most of the time. From the girls I've talked to they all seemed to like small toned butts so it seems like you're being too self conscious. If people can tell your uncomfortable being naked that will probably be the most unattractive part.

• You're being too self conscious.

Find a person who wants to be with you.

They will enjoy what they see.

And they say love is blind. It then won't matter how you look.

That's how I get away with it. I'm ugly but I love my wife and I guess she sees that, not my pathetic excuse for a body.

• thanks for that. it really hit home (feel a bit stupid now for asking this) you're lucky to have found someone you love. I guess a lot of my insecurities come from feeling that it won't happen to me. but ah well good point.

• I wouldn't worry so much about a muscle that you can work towards improving.

~ ArtistBBoy

• The male body wasn't originally meant to be nude. Something about how body hair and muscles aren't meant to be seen exposed. Women however, were originally meant to be shown nude. So, it's OK to think you see yourself as weird, naked. I do too.