Girls, are abs important on a guy?

Or does it not really matter that much? Do you mind if a guy has a relatively skinny stomach but some flab. Help a dude understand you all haha.

Give some example of what you like or what have you. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• i prefer somewhere in the middle. as long as you can tell you take care of yourself it's fine. but it goes the other way too. there is indeed such a thing as too much muscle. but really in the end abs aren't going to make or break it for me, especially since that's not like it's going to be the first thing I see on him.

• appreciate the answer. so it's kinda like 'icing on the cake' of sorts?

• sort of. it's more like the cherry on top though...not necessary but definitely welcome (I consider icing to be necessary haha). :)

What Girls Said 6

• i don't like big round bellies... like pregnant ladies... but I have no tummy issues, as long as he' takes care of himself. :) Too skinny isn't attractive.

• Over muscular,eh kinda gross. Toned and just average is nice:) I'm not extremely fit so I don't expect him to be.

• aww don't say that you look pretty fit.

and abs are odd in that it's hard to really get jacked muscles there. toned looks good on guys or girls, I would agree. personally my stomach is skinny but the abs don't show haha. I fail to do the extra 10% of work :P

• No they're just a bonus. And no I wouldn't mind it sounds cute.

• Abs are important to me on a guy. I like fit guys with muscles, who like to go to the gym with me. For example a guy has to have defined abs and relatively large arms.(not scary large), but this is just what I like.

• so are you less likely to be attracted to a guy without abs or less likely to date them?

• are you more attracted to african American men?... because more often than not they tend to be more physically defined and in better shape than other men.

• No I like white guys lol...

• Yes, yes they are but if you've got a bitchin' personality I'm sure it won't matter. But if you've got 'em flaunt 'em:)

• thanks. I'm curious to know how you view them as attraction. like if you saw two guys of equal good looks at the beach, but one had a six pack and the other was sort of flat and flabby. how differently would your attraction be to both?

• I love a guy with a bit of a stomach :P

• what would a bit of stomach look like? haha

• Like not toned or anything. :D And soft, but not too big LOL

What Guys Said 1

• Honestly I ask the same question they don't seem to care, it's more like a bonus for them.