How can I smell like I just came out of the shower and make the scent stay?

dont get me wrong I'm not a smelly girl or anything, but I have a hard time keeping a showery smell or the current perfume I usually wear to stay on me...like it just wears off...in an hour...

and sometimes I see girls who gel their hair make it perm and curly, and the smell of the gel makes them smell like they just came out of the shower and I love thatttt and wnna smelll like it too...but I don't curl my hair or wear gel, so any tips on what I can do?

i wear bath and body lotion all the time, but even that wears off and wash my hands a lot so its tough keeping lotion on fresh and smelling awesome...

also what are some long lasting perfumes I can wear?

Most Helpful Girl

• Spray some in your hair so it absorbs it. On the back of your neck is the best place to spray because it soaks up without overpowering it and spreads it out so its not just your hair that smells good. But I always carry whatever perfume I'm using for the day with me in my bag. And I usually spray it in between class. If you do that you might want to avoid doing it around people especially if you're sitting down with a bunch of people just because you know how people exaggerate things and the smell of perfume is no exception hah.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Ok, some people get used to their own perfume smell so after a while they don't smell it. This is a trial and error thing here. Some people do best with body sprays while others do better with perfumes. Try trial and error. I like Gap's Pink personally. I spray it on my neck, my wrists and a little on my clothes (make sure it won't stain or eat your clothes). This helps to keep me fresh. You can also carry a little bottle of whatever you choose so you can spray yourself once in a while (be careful not to overspray cause that is common). Body butter lasts longer than lotion.

• Hair naturally absorbs the smells you encounter throughout the day. Try spraying the perfume in your hair instead! You could also keep a sample size of your perfume in your purse. Do you ever wear a messy bun? Let your hair dry a little bit after your shower and put it up in a bun. When you take it out hours later, it will have an overwhelming shower smell! If you take your showers at night, try taking them in the morning instead. Whenever I shower in the morning, people are always commenting on how my hair smells like shampoo =D (in a good way lol!)

• It also helps if you use shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, spray, and perfume in all the same scent. It seems like it would be overpowering, but its not at all!

• if you spray your perfume right after you get out of the shower when you're still a little damp, the scent will stay longer. I'm pretty sure it's because the moisture in your skin will soak up the perfume scnet. you can also do this with your lotion.

• think of this: when you're in a room where someone just farted, the smell is strong and gross at first, but then you acclimate and can't smell it after a while. (SUCH a gross example, I know. nothing else came to mind). because you're walking around all day with your scent there's no way it'll smell strong to you after the first hour. but others can smell it. I always thought the same thing but whenever people hug me or come near me they say how good I smell...i even used to be paranoid that I smelled bad. popular vote says no. if you're lathered in b&bw I bet you smell great!