Can good looks be an intimidating factor?

Can good looks for men and women be an intimidating factor to be approached? Is it true for men as well as women that most people are intimidated by the hot guy or girl? I ask only because I find it easier to approach the average looking girl and strike up a conversation with her, and the hot chics end up being Eye Candy for me. That's unless they approach me. Am I intimidated? Hell, yeah! Of course, I won't let her know that I am, but I am!

Most Helpful Girl

• Intimidated? No. There's no point to it in my opinion. There will always be someone better looking just like there will be someone not as good looking. Not only that but I know quite a bit of "attractive" friends of mine (male and female) that are just as intimidated for other reasons (Not smart enough, not successful enough, not good enough). My point is, if we could somehow see through to everyone's true nature we would see that even gorgeous people have hang ups and get intimidated.

What Girls Said 8

• it is true, hot guys are harder to approach, there is just something about them that intimidates me. Even if you get told by multiple people "you're hot" it doesn't help...

• Of course!
    A striking person could have a crush on another striking person, but they think they're too "out of their league" when it's not even true. As you said, girls become eye candy unless they approach you, and most girls want guys to approach them, so it's almost a lose-lose situation unless the girl has guts.

• I am very much intimidated by the 'hot guy', as you put it. It makes me act like a complete moron and then he's put off from ever talking to me again...not even if it's a brief hello.

• I'm not really intimidated by hot guys, I notice them but for me looks aren't the x-factor!

I'm intimidated by my crush, at least was. I felt stoned and scared, even if there were

other people around. And I felt for him because of his personality.

• I most definitely do get intimidated by good looking guys. It's the sams for me as it is for you, but with guys.

• I have been told guys are intimidated by me, and I was floored. I consider myself pretty but not beautiful. Guys never approach me and my friend doesn't believe that guys don't approach me. I have questioned myself a thousand times and would tell myself what is wrong with me. I know now. I am approachable and friendly, so I just don't understand it. They have nothing to be intimidated by.

Why are you intimidated? Just because someone is what you consider hot.

• Good looks are intimidating to me.

• Honestly I am a little wary about a hot guy. Don't get me wrong, I'll date him! But deep down I'm thinking he must be a player so he would have to prove himself a lot more than an averagely-cute looking guy would.

What Guys Said 2

• pretty girls are hard to talk to they do intimidate me.

• not for me

i will treat oyu the same no matter what you look like