Gain weight while keeping a flat stomach?

I have always heard that I am too skinny. At 18 years old I am 5'2 and 98 pounds. Is there any way to gain some weight but not lose the flat stomach? I want to reach a healthy weight but also keep a nice looking frame

Most Helpful Girl

• Exactly right what the guys said (: I use to be like that but doing the right exercises will give you muscle and get in weight goal, I'm 5'1 & 114lbs, I was 98lbs when I was 16 but I'm fit now but I couldn't gain weight until I ate a little more but did the right routines after to burn the fat and tone my new muscle.

What Guys Said 2

• well that's not 'too' skinny.. but then again, you don't have to have a perfectly flat stomach either, as long as it doesn't really protrude a lot, a little tummy is fine

• muscle will add weight to your body... You usually start gaining fat around your stomach first though because it is closet to your internal organs. It's a survival mechanism.

• so maintaining a healthy diet and running will be beneficial?

• Cardio is good for burning fat. You do build some muscle, but it's not like weight lifting. You might want to try going to the gym and building leg muscles some. and doing sit ups. If you feel like you are very skinny and scrawny a little muscle on your legs, butt, and stomach will add weight and keep a nice frame. For your size you are a little under weight but not much, only a few pounds. It's very close to a healthy weight.

What Girls Said 3

• Gain muscle. Workout as well as eat a high protein diet (chicken, fish, nuts, etc.).

• I don't think that's so bad. I'm 5'5 and 103 pounds and my doctor actually says I'm fine as long as I stay about 100 pounds *shrugs*

But if you really want to put on some weight, then I suggest trying to put on muscle mass. Go hit the gym or just start doing yoga or pilates.

• Youre petite, that's just how your body is. You can't gain fat without getting a gut. Do as the one guy said and gain muscle. So start lifting weights to gain muscle and you'll gain weight.