Is it possible to be 'petite' but still be "big boned" ?!

I am just extremely worried now because all my life I have been said that I'm small, petite, small frame, etc, but just recently my boyfriend the other day said that I was big boned :( this drove my crazy ever since :( he said that my hands and legs give it away (although I have hands the size of a ten year old). like I have small hands they are just stubby?! so how can that be big boned? please explain please ..

give my links for examples if you know of any celebrities ? if possible...:)

Most Helpful Girl

• i was 148 pounds back in like 2005.

a diet that worked for me:

eat peanuts when you get cravings. they are high in protien, and good for when you get the munchies. carry nuts around with you everywhere for when you get a craving. drink a ton of water and green tea. I don't mean the arizona green tea that is loaded with sugar that you buy for a dollar. go to the store. buy bags of green tea. it is an antioxidant so it keeps your circulation going good. squeezing some lemon in your water or pouring lemon juice in there dissolves calories. the acid just eats away at the fat. tuna is good to eat. it has like 10 calories or less in it. eat soup when you are hungry. it makes you feel full without actually filling you and has about 10 calories per serving. errrrrm... what else... eat sushi. little food makes you feel full. eat more salad. beware of salads loaded up with salad dressing, bacon, cheese and other things that take away from what makes it a salad. try just some lettuce, tomatoes, olives and balsamic dressing. exercise, or, sexercise. at least 2 times a week. doesn't have to be strenuous. I just go on the eliptical machine or go for a walk or do some yoga. I hate running. chew sugar free mind gum when you are hungry. don't eat by yourself if you can help it. it's easier to overeat when its just you. it's like you're sneaking off to do something you know you shouldn't do.

i hope this helps.

What Guys Said 3

• Petite generally means small boned, so you can't be small boned and big boned.

• "big boned" is a common euphemism for heavy, i.e. overweight.

• i am aware of that

• So what is the proper way to describe someone who just has a naturally larger frame?

• Big boned would be the proper way to describe someone who has a larger frame. It's commonly (and incorrectly) used as euphemism for "fatass" because it sounds more polite.

• Yes. You can be a combo of different body types. I am a combo of 2.

What Girls Said 3

• I am short and stocky. I'm not chubby, but I'm compact- 5'1 and 135 pounds. I run about 20 miles a week and love to weight lift.

I have broad shoulders, I'm chesty with a big muscled ass, and thick legs. I'm built like an athlete.

So it is definitely possible.

• Petite is generally both being short and small boned, so I'd say not really. You might not be petite, just simply medium framed or whatever.

• Short and fat, yes. Maybe he meant short and wide/ thick.. which isn't fat.