Girls wouldn't date a guy because they wanna wear heels?

I just bring this up because of some girls' answers about being able to wear heels with their guy AND still be shorter, but it seems more girls wouldn't date a guy because they wanna wear heels, really?

Now I have no problem with people having SOME standards but the being able to wear heels (and still be shorter) or nothing as in "too short to date because ill be wearing heels", seems kinda harsh.

My girlfriend is taller than me when she wears heels and it's never bothered either of us, it just intrigues me as to why SOME girls would turn down a potentially good relationship for being able to wear heels.

Is it an easy way of saying he's too short or what? Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's that some people tend to care way too much about gender expectations.

In general, men are larger than women (but of course, there's overlap between them). Men are expected to be larger, taller, and stronger. Women are expected to be smaller and weaker.

So, when the girl is taller than the guy, she either a) feels insecure because it makes her feel less feminine; or b) feels like the guy is less masculine.

High heels can either make a girl taller than her boyfriend if she's shorter, or make her even more taller than him if she's already taller than her.

Additionally, if a girl is wearing high heels, it's probably because they're out in public... so likely, she's worried about how other people will view her and her boyfriend as a couple if she's taller than him.

But yeah, seems pretty silly and shallow to me to reject someone just because you'd be taller than him in heels.

What Girls Said 4

• Some girls do think this way. I'll admit, I'm tall and prefer a guy who is still taller than me when I'm wearing heels, but if a guy was a little shorter than I'd like but he had every other quality on lock then I'd go for him. but yes, some girls feel like hey guys are in great enough number where they can not consider certain guys because they don't make the heel cut and still have men to choose from. it is what it is, nobody really has to justify their standards

• I don't care about heels. I don't even wear heels cause I'm already really tall. 5'8", so it's sometimes hard to find a guy who'd be taller than me while I'm wearing heels. I like guys of different heights. I wouldn't mind if he were my height or a little bit shorter. Also, taller is always good.

• I'm only 5'1" so if a guy is shorter then me when I wear heels it's def a problem in my opinion. I just would not be able to be attracted to someone that was that short.

• I honestly love flats, my moccasins are the best. So I don't really get what your question is.. heels over a guy?

Nah. But if you're asking preferences.. I'd rather be able to wear heels and not worry about being taller than him. I mean I'm only 5'4.

If he was that short though I'd be cool with flat shoes =).

Don't be too concerned with girls who would rather the heels though. It's just a preference thing. It's not so much that they're choosing the shoes over the guy as it is their finding taller guys more attractive.

Which I'm personally okay with. Why should everyone want to be with short guys? Or blonds? Or stick skinny chicks? Having personal preferences is one of the things that make us unique.

What Guys Said 1

• This heels + shortness thing smells like insecurity.

Honestly, I don't care about heels in matters of height (I'm really tall) but I enjoy how it makes her legs look and maybe her ass (didn't notice that). Apart from breats, ass and face I also check neck, shoulders and ankles.