Boyfriend wants to get gauges?

My boyfriend wants to get gauges but I really don't want him to. He gets mad every time I say that, but I don't think its a good idea, I think they look trashy, and I just don't like them. what do I doooo

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you, in that I don't think they look good, but after initially telling him in a calm way the reasons you have for not wanting him to get them, there's nothing else you can do. He is his own person, and he will resent you for keeping him from doing things he wants to. If you explain your side and he decides not to, that's his decision. If he decides to go ahead and get them, that's also up to him. If you like him, support him either way. If it's a deal breaker, then separate and find a guy who doesn't want gauges.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't blame ya. Who wants to be seen with a guy wearing an 'I'm RETARDED" sign for all the world to see?

• Tell him you'll place a heavy padlock in his gauges while he's not looking, lock it and throw away the key.

• It's his body, not yours!

• that alone tells me he isn't mature enough to be in a relationship, or at least isn't the guy for you.

• she doesn't like it. she isn't telling him to get them. it's something that won't set well with her and in the long run she isn't going to want to be with a guy like that so, for the time being he isn't for her. being spineless is catering to her every need, not deciding whether or not to get gauges lol.

• I have to disagree as well.. "maturity" isn't defined by being your girlfriends bitch (pardon the language) if she loves him/takes him for who he is, why would gauges matter? maybe she isn't the one that's ready for the relationship.

• I just see it as more of an issue with compatibility. their levels of maturity don't coincide. its got nothing to do with him going off and doing something she doesn't want him to do or not. if they were truly compatible, he wouldn't be the kind of guy that would go off and do something like that.

What Girls Said 7

• Honestly it's his body.. you can voice your opinion on them (in a nice way..) but ultimately it's his choice and don't fight him on it. I wouldn't bring it up any more you said what you had to say so leave it be, especially if every time it starts an argument between you both.

• Let him do what he wants. You think they look trashy, he may not. His body. His choice. Like xzinax2 said, if you stop liking him over gauges you probably never liked him at all.

• his body,his choice. if you stop liking him over gauges,you never really liked him at all.

• Let him do what he wants..he might chicken out later and not get them

• He can always take them out

• Have you ever seen gauge-damaged ear lobes? Only plastic surgery can cure that monstrosity.

• It depends how big they were but it looks normal at least from a distance

• Let him do him..if he wants "gauges" then let him do his thing. Just because you don't personally like them doesn't mean he shoul abide by what you say.

• You voiced your opinion and that's really all you can do. It's his body so ultimately it's his decision.