Is it possible to grow 5-6 cm after 18? (Male)

I know it's a special case because my dad is from Albania and my mom is danish, both around 5"6 - 5"7. My moms dad though, was around 6"1. My dads parents were same as him (I think).

I just turned 18 some weeks ago. I'm around 5"8, 173-174 cm. Seems like I'm still growing. Is it biologically possible for me to reach around 180 cm or 6" when I'm done growing?

It's bugging me cause I know all da girls dig the tall guys and I myself feel pretty petite next to other men in general. Is it possible that I have the "growth gene" thing from my granddad?

Thx

Most Helpful Guy

• It does happen rarely, but only rarely. Typically we're done growing around 16 to 18, sometimes even earlier. All you can do is just watch and measure to see if there is any progress.

If you're not growing, you could always travel to Russia for that height increasing surgery, but I warn you it is painful. They do a series of controlled fractures on your legs, and as the bone heals, the leg bones get longer. Results as much as 18cm have been achieved with this procedure, though you do have to go to Russia to get it.

• Nasty.. cu there

• haha I considered it too. but the wife said she was more than happy with my 5'10 height. I still think myself short lol.

What Girls Said 5

• Its possible you could still get taller, but it likely won't be much. Once you start getting into your late teens you're probably somewhere around the final height you're going to be.

• My dad was 5'4 and scrawny all through high school. Summer before college he shot up to 6'2.

• it depends on the person...you're definitely not gonna be 6 feet but maybe you'll hit 5'9"...

• You sure? :(

• I like guys who are between 5'8 and 5'11, no taller.

• Alright. First time I've heard that! xD

• yes! my dad was 5'2 at 18 and at 23 was 6'3. people can still grow until age 21

• I really wouldn't count on you getting any taller.

What Guys Said 5

• Most guys still grow physically until their early twenties and some of them do grow height and some rare cases get a real growth spurt so it's definitely possible. I've even seen it happen. And yes you could have growth genes from your grandparents since I do too.

• You can grow another inch or two through yoga and other stretching exercises. Google. I myself gained half an inch after 18.

• It depends, no one can say, it's your genetics. I stopped growing at 17.

• 5-6 cm yes

• a lot of guys get taller after 18 but since your parents aren't that tall I don't think you'd get much taller

• Is it impossible to get height from your grandparents, or moms side of family?

• its possible. one of my friends has shorter parents but tall grandparents and he is tall.