Why do men become blinded by beauty?

Its almost as if an attractive woman can cast a spell over a man. Let me be clear NOT ALL MEN, OR EVERY MAN, but a lot of them. Its like you don't even know each other well but he's already head over heels and lost his mind due to how you look. What do you do with a guy like that, and why are guys such easy prey to a good looking woman?

Most Helpful Guy

• Attraction isn't a choice. How we feel can't be helped, but how we deal with those feelings CAN... with experience and patience.

Google "The Triune Brain" if you want to understand our deep animal instincts and how they still rule our emotional response to stimulus (beautiful women for example.)

One problem is the way boys grow up coping with feelings. Girls might sit around talking about their feelings and discussing strategies to deal with them, but most guys don't. Instead we either bury our emotions, or we celebrate the most obnoxious ones, like our desire for sex.

I think this leaves men more vulnerable to emotional overload... we lack certain skills required to dampen our emotional responses to stimulus (like a mini skirt or huge boobs) so we sometimes turn into illogical dumb acting animals while we drown in our body's emotional responses. It's unfortunate.

But most guys either grow up and mature past this, and we eventually learn to ignore our less attractive instincts... for some guys this takes a life time. ;)

Women suffer these same challenges but it's usually around other types of stimuli... have you ever seen women in line for a shoe sale? Or even a group of girls screaming at a concert?

Girls be crazy too, yo!

Emotions aren't logical, that's all I can tell you.

~ Robby

My Blog ( link )

• "emotions aren't logical, that's all I can tell you" quote of the night

What Guys Said 12

• yeah .. your are 100% right .. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad .. on the -ve side a lot of beautiful girls on the inside got lost but on the +ve side we do get that men are VERY SIMPLE to understand I guess the best thing a girlfriend can do to her boyfriend is change her style to a hotter one

• were just different than you girls and you'll never understand the same as guys will never understand girls

• Have you heard of the saying fools rush in? Well, in this case, the fools rush in.

Trained a skeptic, I always ask what's the catch.

• think the same could be said for women, sadly to say :/

• because men are visual creatures

• Uh...because were visual creatures by nature?

• Girls do it too. I don't look bad but I am no Brad Pitt and never will be.

• Yes, you are right. Men are blinded by beauty because that is the way they are made.

• Men are blinded by beauty. Women by money.

• Totally agree especially when they land an abusive guy who beats them so funny when I look at females victims faces that's what you get bitch for being a gold digger. lol

• That's retarded.. in any case that goes for everyone. Men love money too. Duh.

• Men are much more visually inclined. It's just nature. It's both a blessing, and a curse.

• i mean the exact same thing could be said about women and rich men...

• This is true and yet no matter how ugly they are if there wallet is big enough the ladies stick like flies on a carcass.

• It's similar to girls being blinded by the prospect of romance. They hardly know the guy but he's good looking and he tells them what they want to hear and makes them feel like Bella from Twilight and they're head over heels... We're all foolish when it comes to these things I guess.

What Girls Said 8

• Girls are, too. Look at all these 40 yo women obsessing over Justin Bieber haha.

Ok, bad example, but look at all these 12 yo girls obsessing over Taylor Lautner.

• Women do the same thing with an attractive guy.

• Honey, same thing applies for women : They fall for a guy based on his looks.

He can be cocky and abusive and they are still willing to stay with them

• I don't think this is gender-based, I think people just love the fantasy. Someone you don't really know that is totally gorgeous and seems so this and that is easy to get obsessed with.

• They are visual creatures...

• Perversion

• Girls are too, we're just not open about it. I feel like guys would like it if we were though

• because they're men,