Why don't more men wear nail polish?

I came across and article from a particular writer (Darren Garnick) who tried a fish pedicure (where little fish bite off the dead skin on your feet) and noticed how he finished it up with a nice yellow/orange polish on his toes. I thought it looked wonderful on him!

So then I got to wondering why more men don't do this. Most men's feet are gross! Considering more men are wearing sandals these days, a pedicure would really help make their feet look so much better, and a little color on their toes would be a nice touch too.

If I saw a guy wearing his toes polished, I would know that he's open-minded and confident enough to try something that not all men would. I would be intrigued by him and want to talk with him to find out what other interesting and different things he might be into.

So ladies and guys, what do you think? Is this something that more men should be open to considering?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nail polish is just plain gaudy on both girls and guys IMO. Clear, healthy nails are far more attractive on guys and girls.

This is just a personal choice. I'm not a big fan of much makeup on girls to begin with and even more so with exotic or flashy colors. A girl's form is an amazing thing to begin with, it doesn't need to be painted! Ha ha!

Men that spend too much time on their looks are viewed by most guys and girls as feminine, not exactly a desirable trait.

What Guys Said 4

• In terms of physical attraction, women seem to be less motivated by looks than men. This is why women spend so much time with makeup and hairstyles while men that wear too much makeup are called clowns.

If more women felt like you, men would get the clue and begin to do it because it gave them an attractive advantage. Because there aren't more women like you, it doesn't happen.

• Most women don't appreciate a man wearing nail polish. You on the other hand are obviously the minority. Let's say 1% of women like men who wear nail polish, why in God's name would a man wear nail polish when so few women enjoy it? Until more than 50% of women start dating guys who wear nail polish, you won't see many men with pink toe nails.

• Nailpolish is the realm of females and any guy wearing nailpolish (even those goth guys with their black color) are stepping into the gay category. I don't think you're going to get many guy takers on this one.

• I am a Man and don't see a problem with it. Its only paint. What do Women say when they wear Men's clothes?

They say ITS ONLY CLOTHES. Well to me IT'S ONLY PAINT. I have a Mani and Pedi every other week with color on both fingers and toes. Love the look and the feel of Polish.

I experimented with fingernail polish 30 years ago and maybe I was ahead of my time. But now I don't care what others think. You only live one time, Make the most of your time.

COLOR MY WORLD.

What Girls Said 1

• Well I would atuomatically think the guy is gay if I saw him with nail polish on his fingers or toes. I know that's awiful but that's what I think. I agree that most men's feet are gross, but they can trim their nails at least and I'm fine with it. I don't need guy to have perfectly pedicured feet, but as long as his toenails aren't long I'm pretty much fine with it.