Guys, when did you start caring about your appearance?

Almost everyone hits a point where they're tired of their look. They become attracted to the opposite gender and want to make themselves look better. I've been trying to get my brother to look better. By that I mean, take better care of himself. He doesn't wash his hair (our mom has to do it for him), he won't brush his teeth, put on deodorant, and brush his hair without our mom telling him to. And even then he still fights her. He also wear glasses and he looks SO much better with contacts. He think that contacts are weird.. I wear contacts. -__- He is really a really attractive boy when he fixes him self up (washed hair, hygiene stuff, no glasses, etc.) but he thinks I'm trying to make him look WORSE by getting him to follow my advice, which I'm not. I think he's finally interested in girls, but no girls come anywhere near him because of what I stated up there. How can I get him to care more about his appearance?

PS- He's 13

Most Helpful Guy

• Well at that age I was filthy I wouldn't bathe.For a week or so.I would not clean my room.I would brush my teeth though.I think at that age every boy goes through that.As I jokingly say trying to get their musk to the right smell.If you push he will push back with even less tidiness.just start making jokes about he smells better than he ever has before

What Guys Said 6

• Brushing his teeth and washing his hair he should already be doing. Deodorant is a good time to start and it's his choice to wear glasses over contacts, look for better glasses instead.

• I was 14

• I was 16 when I started lifting weights and caring.

• 13

• I always did all of that stuff, except my hair. No one ever made me, besides my mom bugging me to comb my hair. I always wear contacts when I go out, unless it's to the golf course. I still just wear a shirt, basketball shorts and shoes, so style wise I never went anywhere. I never got any girls any way so it's not all about taking care of yourself.

• wtf 13 & has his mom wash his hair?!?!?!?!? tell him that girls like that stuff & get your friends to encourage it too...

What Girls Said 3

• Weird I know,I think my bro was in middle school when he bought clean&clear I thought it was weird since I didn't ever use that I just used soap for my face...but he's still too lazy to buy his own clothes and shoes and he's in college! I can't wait til he moves and transfers though he needs to at least get the basic down.

• I was twelve. After my period I'd say

• Washing his own hair and brushing his teeth, that's something he should do now but he's only 13, don't push him to change his appearance now... maybe he doesn't want to change his appearance yet. When he feels like he wants to change it a little bit, he'll do it :)