Do girls like guys in T shirts?

The older I get the more I realize that T shirts seem to look a little bit ratty. The look lacks something. It just looks plain or boring, even dorky. I need to wear more button downs and polos :P

Most Helpful Girl

• so so def prefer polos and button downs.

What Girls Said 6

• T-shirts are nice and casual. I love a good metal band shirt. People should know when to step it up a bit, though.

Button-downs and polo are nice, too.

Ultimately, as long as you don't look like you haven't bathed in two years, and have a good, humble kind of self-pride in appearance, I don't mind.

• If you take pride in yourself and how you look, I don't see a problem with what you wear. Typically the polos and button ups look nicer and more dressy. As long as your tees don't have holes, stains or stretched out collars - I think those are fine too

• Depends on the kind of shirt. I can tell you right now that I don't like guys in really baggy shirts and pants around their ankles. Please don't do the gangsta look, it looks awful. A nice fitting shirt is better, maybe with v-neck, those are hot. I love button downs, especially blue ones. Polo shirts are OK, I guess.

It's better to wear what makes you feel more comfortable, confidence will do more for you than any shirt can.

• i like t-shirts but not polos

• I like guys in t shirts

• polos and button up shirts look dorky... you seriously have it reversed -.-

• Every time I look around, nerdy guys are wearing T shirts that never fit right I might add, and the guys that get a lot of girls are wearing nicer clothes like button downs and stuff.

• It's weird, the anonymous is saying nicer clothes look dorkier, while the above girl is saying nicer clothes are better. Goes to show you can't really get straight answers on this site no matter what?

• I'm being stalked on this site so I put all of my questions under anonymous. It's quite sad -.-

What Guys Said 4

• A lot of girls will say their favorite look is jeans and a t shirt.

If you have a good body wear t shirts in the right size and they should look good.

If you do not have a good body, t-shirts are actually pretty unforgiving. They have no structure. An untucked polo shirt - again in the right size- draws more attention to your face and creates some structure. If you're chubby, you probably would look better in them.

• That may be true in respect to t-shirts with logos of things you don't know much about. For example, guys who wear skater shirts and don't skate. It doesn't bother me personally, but I prefer not to do it myself.

I usually wear a plain t-shirt or v-neck. No logos, etc. I'll wear a polo when going out and a button up for certain events.

T-shirts will never get old or make you seem immature.

• I've started to turn back to t-shirts actually. Just mix it up.

• You're wearing the wrong t-shirts.