When someone says you look pretty today? Diss or complimnet?

I find it to be insulting. Do I not look pretty other days?

Most Helpful Guy

• What a crotchety **** you are. I take it that you're high maintenance, full of themselves types.

• No

• If someone says today after a compliment. Its a diss. Why do I not look pretty/gorgeous other days? It's an insult

• No. You're just being stupid.

What Guys Said 7

• It's just a saying, not a literal statement.

• It's a compliment but I can see how you might think it's insulting because they are saying you look pretty TODAY. I don't think someone would actually say that and mean it as an insult.

• It is a compliment.

• I find it insulting too. I clearly am the Queen of Persia.

• i would assume its a compliment every time unless they had a snotty attitude when they say it

• Nope, you look like a f***ing cow most days. eat that sh*t!

• I don't know you and I don't like you, that's hard for me to do.

• What

• Why the hell would that be insulting? What is wrong with females?

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think it should be taken as an insult, because I think when people say it like that it's because you're wearing somebody out of the ordinary. For instance, you might say that to a girl who usually wears jeans and no make up, and then she when she wears a dress and wears make up. Because, it's just like "wow, you look beautiful!" or in more common cases it might be maybe you hair looks especially nice today, or your makeup looks really good, or you just look good. It has nothing to do with you not looking pretty on any other day, you just look especially pretty today. That's how I take it, anyway.

• They probably mean to say you look especially pretty that day. It doesn't mean you look ugly to them all the other days they don't compliment you. Sheesh.

• Haha. I take it as a compliment why not. . :)

• It's a compliment, what they really mean most of the time is: "you look EXTRA pretty today."