Dessert For Breakfast? Why Not! Dessert Inspired Pancake Creations To Get Your Morning Started!

Dessert for breakfast? Why not! Dessert inspired pancake creations to get your morning started!

Most people have heard of chocolate chip pancakes and blueberry pancakes. But, these breakfast pancakes really have changed the pancake game forever!

Oreo Pancakes

Ingredients

1/2 cup non-dairy milk

1/2 cup flour

1.5 teaspoons baking powder

¼ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (or regular)*

pinch of salt

1 Tablespoon sugar (or other sweetener)

1 Tablespoon oil

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

FROSTING FILLING

1.5 cups unsweetened coconut flake

1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

2-3 Tablespoons coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)*

2-3 Tablespoons powdered sugar (optional )

FROSTING - Using a food processer, mix the coconut flakes until they form coconut butter. Scrape down the sides as necessary. It may not come to a full paste but it should be near creamy. (Start your pancake batter while it's mixing)

Once creamy, add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix again.

While the mixture is processing, add in splashes of coconut milk until it resembles a creamy frosting that retains a little thickness.

BATTER - Heat a skillet over medium-low heat.

Mix milk, oil and vanilla in a small bowl and set aside.

Whisk the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a separate bowl until combined.

Add the liquid to the dry and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Add a touch more milk if it's too thick.

Drop small scoops of batter onto the lightly greased skillet. When bubbles start to peak through the surface and you see a bit of light browning/crisping up on the underside, flip the pancakes over carefully, about 2-3 minutes.

Repeat on the other side, remove from the pan.

Top pancakes with as much frosting as desired. I found a small spoonful between each later was plenty.

Smore’s Pancakes

Makes: About 6 Pancakes that are 5” in diameter

Chocolate Pancakes

½ cup Whole Wheat Flour

½ cup All Purpose Flour

2½ tsp. Baking Powder

1 tsp. Salt

2 tbsp. Cocoa Powder

2 tbsp. Brown Sugar

1 Egg, lightly beaten

1 ½ cups Milk

3 tbsp. Melted Butter

Marshmallow Sauce

1 cup Marshmallow Fluff

2 tbsp. Water

½ cup Graham Crackers, crushed (For Topping)

To make the pancakes, whisk together the wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and brown sugar. Make a well in the center and add the egg, milk, and melted butter. Whisk together until fully incorporated and smooth.

On medium heat, lightly oil a skillet, griddle, or frying pan. Make sure the pan is fully heated before cooking the pancakes. Pour about ¼ cup of the batter on the pan in rounds. I used a cupcake scooper to make them the same size. Bake until bubbles form in the batter and then flip the pancake. Cook until lightly browned on both sizes (it will be hard to tell once they have lightly browned because they are chocolate but do your best to watch the pancakes until they look finished). Continue with remaining batter.

To keep the pancakes warm, place in a low temperature oven (about 125 degrees F). or you can place in cake pan covered in foil.

To make the marshmallow sauce, combine the marshmallow fluff and water in small saucepan. Heat up the mixture over medium-low heat until it as liquefied. Transfer to a small bowl to serve.

Top the chocolate pancakes with the marshmallow sauce and crushed graham crackers.

Birthday Pancakes!

1 yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to make a cake

1/4 cup sprinkles plus some for sprinkling on the icing

1 tub store bought vanilla frosting

birthday candles

Instructions

Mix the cake mix according the package instructions.

Ladle on full ladle or 1/2 cup batter onto a pre heated griddle ( I had mine at 300 degrees).

Cook until bubbles appear.

NOTE: Be patient, these are a lot more tender then a pancake made with pancake batter.

Wait until the pancake is almost cooked through before turning.

Once you have turned the pancake over lightly press with your finger in the center and if the pancake springs back it is done.

For cake effect pile the pancakes onto a cake place.

Spoon the icing into a microwave safe bowl and cook 15 seconds.

Stir, drizzle over pancake pile, add sprinkles and candles.

Cherry Cheesecake Pancakes

Ingredients

Pancakes

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/4 cups buttermilk

1 large egg

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

pinch of salt

2 cups chopped frozen cheesecake (I used a 17 oz Sara Lee Original Cream Cheesecake)

Topping:

1-8oz pkg of cream cheese, softened

1/4 butter, softened

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 can of cherry pie filling, warmed

cooking spray

Make A Warm Bacon & Hash Brown Quiche

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F

In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla

Whip until smooth and refrigerate until all of pancakes are cooked

Warm the cherry pie filling in a saucepan over low heat until all pancakes are cooked

Pulse the flour, buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a blender until smooth

Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheesecake pieces, keeping them whole

Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat

Working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake

Cook until bubbly on top, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 more minutes

Transfer the finished pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven

Remove the topping from the fridge and microwave until warm and soft

Serve the pancakes topped with the cheesecake filling/topping and warm cherry pie filling/topping

Enjoy!

Churro Pancakes

1 3/4 cup Krusteaz Whole Wheat Pancake Mix

3/4 cup water

1/2 cup sugar

2 tsp cinnamon

Butter, soft

Instructions

Mix sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl and set aside.

Mix pancake mix and water until well combined but slightly lumpy. Cook pancakes on a lightly greased hot griddle. (or use your own pancake mix or recipe to make your favorite pancakes!)

Immediately spread butter on each side of the pancake, then dip each pancake into the cinnamon-sugar mixture coating each side well.

Enjoy while hot!!

Brownie Batter Pancakes

1/4 cup spelt, white, or wheat flour

1/4 tsp baking powder

1 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa or dutch cocoa Or regular cocoa

2 tsp sugar

1/16 tsp salt

1 1/2 tbsp applesauce or oil (

1 tsp pure vanilla extract

5 and 1/2 tbsp milk of choice

Mix dry ingredients very well, then add wet. Make pancakes!

Dessert for breakfast? Who knew it was possible! Now it is with these pancake recipes! Let me know what you think in the comments below. I wanna give a shoutout to all the gagers who support my food takes and who inspire me to be a better gager. @EmpatheticLady @apple24 @Ginnyweasley97 @Questionman @AshleyPrincess12 @Phoenix98 @spiorad_aisce Y'all are awesome!

smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 8

• Yum these all look really good

• Thank you! There were others like Donut pancakes, strawberry shortcake pancakes and snickers pancakes but these look the best. I may still cover those

• God they look so damn good but would cause me to gain all the weight I've lost come back.

• Holy shit, these look so so good <3

• OM Chocolate chocolate... mmmm

• MURICAAA 🍩🍰🇺🇸

• 😐 Those look so good. I want all of them.

• Yummy!!! Your recipes are the best!

• Them pancakes looks delicious 😋 Nice take

What Guys Said 5

• You know that's unhealthy right lmao

• I feel like I just got diabetes from reading this lol.

• Im just doing the recipe game the only way I know how

• Lol keep em coming.
      I'm sure GAG admins love them enough to give you your own category.

• I actually did make the idea a while back for the topic, many GAGers wanted to see it and now it's here and I'm gonna run away with it.

• O god dude your gonna make me gain weight with all this good food ! and not in a good way haha.

@justbanannaz you said people who eat breakfast for dessert are weird but what about those who eat dessert for breakfast *gasp*

• Licking my lips here - Those birthday and cheesecake pancakes look the business

• I don't know what's up with the food posts, but I'm all in lol