Mention your hometown and one food which represents it?

okay.. thought its time for me to answer as well
My hometown--Kolkata, India
Food (s) which represent it--Kolkata style biriyani, kati roll and beef steak at oly's.

Most Helpful Girl

• Long Beach, CA... we have *everything*. but, I grew up a couple blocks from Cambodia Town, so what stands out most in my mind is the Cambodian (and Thai, at most of the same restaurants, for less adventurous diners) food.

Here's some beef skewers from Sophy's ::drools::

s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/.../o.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

• Kansas
    Roy's Hickory Pit BBQ, we shut down when the meat runs dry ( where I am from and live )
    www.kansastravel.org/.../09royspitbarbque3.JPG

Czechoslovakia ( where a lot of my family came from )
    Koláč: A traditional Czech sweet bread filled with fruits, nuts, poppy seeds and sweet cheese.
    www.eatingpraguetours.com/.../...eating_prague.jpg

• ahah kolaches are a specialty at Buc-ee's (the world's biggest gas station / convenience stores, in Texas -- the gas station parts have like 100 pumps each... and the convenience stores have ENTIRE WALLS of different kinds of jerky)

they're good

• @redeyemindtricks Lol nice , yeah they're really good but it's hard to beat the real deal recipes from the actual country :D

Oooo jerky ever had rabbit jerky?

What Girls Said 24

What Guys Said 23

• Boston, Massachusetts, USA
    -Lobster
    -New England Clam Chowder
    -Baked Beans

Or a more local favorite, roast beef sandwiches. They're not like cold deli meat, it's different. It's hot and thinly sliced, and usually comes with a sauce or condiment, depending on the place👍
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=omSzHsq0UOg

• Maspalomas, Spain.
    Pata de cerdo y papas arrugadas con mojo :P

farm5.static.flickr.com/.../...3925_3411d04502.jpg
    recetasdemaite.masmediacanarias.com/.../...320.jpg

Oh man, how I miss the food XD

• ... and the fact that all the restaurants are still open, full kitchen, until 1 or 2 AM

• yah that's the weirdest thing about north america in general -- the big city centers are where things close the earliest! (with the exception of a handful of dive bars and cheap diners...) fucked up, right?
      almost all the 24hr restaurants are in random places in the suburbs, and/or in nowhere-land off the highway exits.

on the other hand, at least American businesses are actually... like... open when they say they'll be open XD
      (I'm lookin' at you, Spain and Italy... especially Italy)

Lemme tell you sometime about when I was living in Italy, and I had a ticket to fly out of Florence, and they decided to just CLOSE THE AIRPORT... FOR THREE MONTHS. Boom. Just close it. WHAT? WHO DOES THAT?
      Lol

And then Spain is the only country I've traveled in where trains have actually left EARLY. Like, I missed a train from Sevilla-Málaga once because I got there 15 minutes early (which is really rare for me -- I'm chronically late) and it had left 20 minutes early! wtf? is that normal?

• @redeyemindtricks Yeah, when I came to Chicago, I was walking at night through downtown and there was no one xD The north side is what stays open late, which is still part of the city, but they don't stay open too late. Only some fast food restaurants are open late.

You're right, Spanish people are awful with time. Sometimes they open like 20 minutes late, especially if it's in the evening; you can't mess up the siesta xD

I lived in an island so there was no train, but I never had any issues when I traveled to the mainland, I find it weird that the train left earlier, that shouldn't be legal.

Oh, and the airport thing in Italy is messed up XD

• I was born in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK. Yorkshire is famous for Yorkshire Pudding. Not the puffs of wind you can buy in shops, but home made real pudding. Lovely with lashings of thick gravy, or else with jam. Not both together, though!! 😂

• Nebraska: Beef steak

• Miami FL and Cuban food even though I am not Cuban and dont care for Cuban food to much

• So whats your favorite?

• It's Cuban shredded beef... like the barbacoa at Chipotle but 10000000000x better

• Sounds good to me

• Minnesota: Chicken Wild Rice Soup <3

cookdiary.net/.../Chicken-and-Wild-Rice-Soup.jpg

• lmao what? i live in minnesota and i've never eaten that

• @sunlite I live in the Twin Cities suburbs, so it's definitely not a rural thing. This is a traditional Minnesotan food, I think it's an American thing, because Americans are too lazy to cook or scared to eat 'strange things'.

• i like chicken and i like rice so i'll find it and try it

• The closest major city to my hometown is San Francisco. It is known for sourdough bread.

• NYC - best pizza in the world!

• Well, my hometown is Orange, California. Kind of a no-brainer lol.

www.bettysorganics.com/.../cut-orange.jpg

• Damn! Those oranges from Orange look swell!!

• We've still got remnants of the old orange groves all over the place. They're damn delicious. 💚

• North Carolina: Barbecue pork
    Tennessee: Fried Chicken
    Both states:Sweet Tea

• Isn't fried chicken a dish of the entire American South instead of just the state of tennessee?

• I guess bourbon would qualify for tennesse? ;)

• I thought of that loo

• Trinidad... chicken roti (curry)

• Houston! Tex mex food and bbq

• Seattle, WA is known fresh seafood like salmon

• I love salmon... we have our own version of salmon here.. its called hilsa.

• I'm from Riga. Lard/speck? patties.

• Louisville, Kentucky. Mint Juleps.

• The Netherlands.
    Boerenkool met worst.

• The Netherlands. Its called "stampot" hmmmm.
    Look it up. I can't post links due to that stupid point system.

• Chilean Villa Las Estrellas and that would be snow and penguins.

• Garlic fries

• Shit sandwich?

• Almere. Don't know about any specific food for my city

• it varies.

• brugerpizza