Why are guys scared of me?

I think that guys are scared of me. I’ve noticed that no guy has actually taken the time to get to know me. I’ve never had a boyfriend, or even a guy friend. I’m a nice girl. I used to be quiet and shy, but I’m not anymore. I’m not loud. I take good care of myself. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my appearance. I’m petite, skinny, 5’5” with blond hair and green/hazel eyes. I dress like a girl. I’ve been told that I should be a model.

There are some guys at work that will talk to me, but they never hang around long enough to have a conversation with me, or they simply won’t talk to me. They talk more to my other coworker than me. There is only one guy at work that actually tried to get to know me, but it didn’t end up well. When I first met him, he was nice and showed an interest in me, but then he was sexually harassing me. He was asking questions like what sex positions I like, when I last had sex, with whom, etc. He wanted to know so bad, that he was going to pay me to tell him. I never told him, but then he would ask me every time he saw me. It’s been more than a year now, he doesn’t ask me questions anymore. He knows I don’t like him.

In high school, a lot of guys showed interest in me, but none of them would have a conversation with me, or even get to know me. There was this one boy who always used to stare at me all the time, every day. We never spoke to each other, but he always stared at me and he made it real obvious too. I would make eye contact with him and he wouldn’t look away.

I can’t understand why guys are scared of me. They don’t even try to get to know me. I don’t know what is wrong with me. I would give anything to know why. I really want this to change because I prefer having guy friends over girl friends. There is also this guy at my work who I really like. We’ve only talked once, but I would love to get to know him better. I want to give him my number. Guys, can you please give me a reason for this?

I don't dress like a slut.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're probably very attractive and smart. Yeah, looks aren't everything, but you most likely are intimidating because you really are that good looking. I am a female and I get annoyed that pretty girls get put in the corner. I've told many of friends that society has done a great injustice to men because they no longer communicate effectively with females. Suprise, they gawk and stare, but don't have the audacity to come up to you, and pursue you the way you deserve. Women should sometimes make a move as well, which it seems you are friendly and make conversation so that isn't an issue. Continue being yourself and don't stoop for some bozo like the one who harassed you. Some of these men can be deranged at times. An intelligent guy worth your time will come along, I promise.

• Thank you!