5 Reasons To Use Anonymous Feature And 5 Reasons You Should Not

5 Reasons To Use Anonymous Feature And 5 Reasons You Should Not.

Anonymous feature was created for a reason. Some people here unfortunately tend to abuse this feature. So these reasons below are the reasons to use/not use this feature:

You should use Anonymous feature when:

1) If It’s a “guess who?” question

Otherwise it wouldn't be a "guess who?" question.

2) If you want to share a personal experience that you would not share with your username

I understand that you want to go Anonymous in this situation

3) If you want to post on a sexual question in order to avoid creeps

Especially if you are a girl. You have to deal with a number of creeps.

4) If you want to post your pic on “How Do I Look?” topic

If you want to post a body pic of yours for example,i undestand you wouldn't do it easily with your nickname.

5) If you want to post something on a question of a user that has blocked you or you have blocked

Without insulting him/her of course, or if you were blocked don't ask why you've been blocked nor mention who you are. If you want to share an opinion on his/her question politely, go Anonymous and do it.

You shouldn’t use Anonymous feature when:

1) If it’s a question like “What’s your favorite food/drink?”

I don't understand why you should go Anonymous here

2) If you want to ask questions like “Girls do you want to see my penis?”/”Girls message me”

3) If you want to insult another GAGer

4) If you want to bash some particular group

2,3 and 4 shouldn't be done neither anonymously nor with your username of course.

5) And most of all don't use anonymous feature 99.9% of the times

Unfortunately there are some users who go Anonymous always and post with their username very rarely. I disagree with this. You shouldn't go Anonymous without a reason. You might post very good opinions and someone might want to follow you.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 16

• Man, you deserve a beer!

Mexican one?

Here:

thecanadianbrewhouse.com/.../corona01.jpg

• thanks a bunch... although i prefer soda... or an energy drink.. ;)

• Hahahaha that's what I thought :D

I prefer water honestly lol

• Yup!
    Completely agree!

• I agree with most of them except for 4. If you do that non anonymously you might get a bad reputation on this site if your popular enough.

• that's wot i said... better post body-pics and stuff anonymously

• I meant the non anonymous reason
      ex If you bash One Direction you might piss of their fans.

• "2,3 and 4 shouldn't be done neither anonymously nor with your username of course."

:D

• great take! i agree with your points

• Good take and lol on blocking the anonymous feature.

• The reason so many people go anonymous is because you can register without choosing a username. That way, you always post anonymously. Some people just can't decide or would rather not get a username.

• wot? u must have a username in order to post anon...

• No, you do not, since recently. You can now register without a username. However, you can only post anonymously until you choose a username.

• i see...

• I use it because I block a lot of people for because they're irritating, but anon makes me feel like I get a wide range of opinions.

• Very true... nice take :)

• Wow, Klaatu, I am actually impressed with your writing.

:) and yeah I agree with you.

• I couldn't agree more with this. They ask the most simplest questions anonymously.

• I was going to respond anon. Lol jk but good take. Really great points there.

• Great take😊

• Great take now get GAG to limit the amount of anon posts you can post in a 24 hr period & we'll eliminate this problem.

• thanks... i'm really prayin for it :D

• Great take, I rarely use the anonymous feature and when I do it's because I have to ask a 'sexual/relationship questions, or something like that.. I don't use it cowardly like some users here :)

• So true.

I had someone answer my quiz just now about who are your ancestors and he posted his result anonymously. Like wtf? 😂

• Good take! :D

What Guys Said 10

• I agree but you should've made anonymous posts possible for this myTake to see their responses.

• Nah... i don't allow anon for a reason :D

• Very good take yet again Klaatu

• The only one I disagree with heavily, is telling people not to use anonymous 99% of the time!

This is the internet, and awareness about internet safety is at an all time high.

Some people want to use this site to ask for / give advice, but don't want to get involved in the community aspect of GaG at ALL, so those people may want to be completely un-trace-able.

Are you one of those people who hates seeing a bunch of anonymous users because you can't stalk them? :-P

• "The only one I disagree with heavily, is telling people not to use anonymous 99% of the time!"

^there r 2 users here (i won't name 'em but we know who they r especially da female one) who go 99.9% anon... and their behavior isn't so appropriate... female/anon/18-24 is da quintessence of spammin and male/anon/25-29 is sometimes very insultin... but this second guy's not around much anymore...

"Are you one of those people who hates seeing a bunch of anonymous users because you can't stalk them? "

^as a mod i tend to stalk a few people who have a "bad" name here... some of 'em don't have their profile private so it helps to keep an eye if they post some inappropriate opinion ;)

• I have only one slight issue with your take - As you know I have a slight misgivings about how high my profile is on GaG and to get around this I considered using anon all the time but that would not be a help since I would be anon 45+ and most people know my style. Plus (this part is hard to explain) I want to be known but not well known.
    I do think there are people like this I don't know whether it is shy or not who cause no problems at all but are anon all the time.

• there r a few 45+ others here as well

• Yes is it my imagination or have a few older people joined recently?

• indeed... guys mostly though

• As anonymous you can't be blocked, I presumes that is the main reason why so many uses anonymou in sensitive subjects, especially about religion, politics, morals etc..

• Don't tell me when to go anonymous! lol

• Although these are good points, the "insult other gagers" is very precisely why the pathetic shits go anon. Cowards.

• You left out 'if you don't want followers, if you just want your answer to stand on it's own merits without reference to any other opinions or observations with which you might be associated'.

• Some of us have reasons for going anon that have yet to be revealed, but perhaps one day will be.

• We cannot post on the questions of the people who blocked us.

Good one by the way 👌

• anonymously though we can... did it change?

thanks

• how can i correct #5?

• Forget that you wrote that :/