Why GAG Is the Best Social Media Out There

Hello, Gagers! I have been on this site for about 6 months now and have loved everything about it! Today I would like to share with you why, the best things about girlsaskguys.com, and will be doing some comparison with other social medias and sites.

Comparison

Facebook vs Girlsaskguys

Unlike GAG, you cannot post questions and answer questions on Facebook. So that is a no-brainer. On facebook, you can share photos, on Girlsaskguys you cannot. You earn points and different statuses on GAG, very much unlike Facebook. The only similarity between the two is messaging and the fact that it is a social media.

Yahoo! vs Girlsaskguys

Byfar, I think this is the most similar site to GAG. You can ask and answer questions and get opinions instantly. However, you cannot post "Mytakes" or articles on Yahoo! like you can on GAG. Another thing that seperates Yahoo! from Girlsaskguys is that on Yahoo! you can create your email account with them and unlike GAG, Yahoo! has it's own web browser. On Girlsaskguys, however you can ask & answer questions in specific topics so it's easier to find. Like GAG, you can also do polls. But the best thing about Girlsaskguys is that you can feature or promote your question or Mytake so that it reaches a larger audience faster. And remember, you dont earn any points, xp or badges on Yahoo!. You can't save points for gift cards or featuring questions or any other things that Girlsaskguys has.

Instagram vs Girlsaskguys

This one is easy. On instagram, you can only share and like pictures and message. That's it. Although Girlsaskguys isn't a social media for sharing pictures, it has way better features. Plus, you'll never get bored of asking, answering, messaging and earning xp on GAG. And it's very possible to get addicted, unlike Instagram where you can get bored very easily just liking other people's pictures and videos.

Twitter vs Girlsaskguys

GAG easily wins this one. All you can do on Twiiter is message and send family/friends updates also known as 'tweets'. It's pretty boring and similar to Facebook. With Girlsaskguy's options of checking live feed of other people's questions, their opinions, reading and writing articles, asking questions, polls or posting opinions yourself it's much more fun than any of these social networks. What makes GAG even better is the messaging. It's a great site to socially interact over the internet with people of all ages and get your questions answered quickly.

Youtube vs Girlsaskguys

This is a hard one, especially being a Youtube fan myself. Yes, you can watch and upload millions of videos on Youtube. But after that, when you get bored, what do you do then? Girlsaskguys is never boring for me because when I can't think of a topic to write for a Mytake, or I don't have any questions to ask that day, I can watch my live feed and help other people! And if my answer helps the asker, I get rewarded with xp and points that I can save up to feauture my question or get a gift card! And then, I can message all the internet friends and cool people I have met on GAG. Because there are different time zones and people from all around the world use Girlsaskguys, there is ALWAYS someone to talk to.

Pinterest vs Girlsaskguys

I personally used to love Pinterest. I pinned the coolest stuff, browsed through awesome ideas and had over 4k followers. But then I got bored. That's when I found Girlsaskguys. Pinterest is almost like Instagram. You like or share 'repin' things and you can message, that's about it. Girlsaskguys has so much more from asking & answering, writing and reading, messaging and blogging, contests and so much more!

Vine is pretty cool. You share your own videos and watch other people's. There's not much to do. You will get bored soon. When that happens, GAG awaits.

Conclusion

So, In conclusion, I think GAG is the best social media out there. There are so many options and entertaining things to do on Girlsaskguys, I am never bored of it! Endless messaging, posting, live feed, contests, articles, asking & answering, points, statuses, online friends, possible online dating, variety of topics, polls, videos, and there is NO way I am ever leaving Girlsaskguys! The app for GAG is in the process of being made, and who knows, maybe Girlsaskguys will be on the list of the most popular social media sites soon!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 20

• Don't get too excited. GaG is a different kind of site, but it still has it's problems. You don't get to post as often as you like because your 'level' dictates how often. The messaging set up is also very lousy.

But overall the community is still a far cry from being the best. It's still full of a lot of younger people who think they can give you tips and advice on things in life they themselves haven't even had enough experience with, and they don't want to hear anything that doesn't agree with them that they might actually learn from.

• But on Snapchat I can send my hot gym selfies to people

• I agree with your take - I much prefer GaG to the other social medias out there - I am only active on Facebook apart from this and after two minutes it is like watching paint dry it is so boring. In a way you can make friends on Gag and then switch to another messaging type if you want to share pics.

• Indeed, especially with it's incredible censorship.

• Great Take, I agree, it used to be the best - compared to those other social media, until this new update... but now, I'm not so sure...

• i dont use anything else besides youtube and not seeing shitface 12ies copy/pasting shit in the comments is a +

• I don't think all the comparisons you listed are necessarily fair, it's comparing apples to oranges. However, I've been here for 2 weeks and I enjoy it far more than the majority of those websites listed. It has to count for something.
    People here are also pretty nice and helpful! :)

• To really compete with some of those others, GaG could give you a more detailed profile, with ability to upload pics.

• thats a great idea! So it can be classified as more of a social media! You should tell GAG that

• GaG is a forum... That is all. There's about 300 million more out there on there subjects.

• How is youtube a social media site? You watch videos and comment if you want to. No other site shows you nba/nfl/ufc/funny videos. GAG serves an entirely different purpose that most of the others because you can voice your opinion here, but without having to deal with what people you know feel. I love GAG more than a lot of those sites but you can't compare them

• Did not read.

YouTube is better.

• why didn't u take 30 seconds to read this? u can't make argue youtube is better without reading what i wrote first.

• Good reasons, I agree

• Is GAG really considered social media? I hear that a lot.

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. After all, it's a site to interact with online people

• Probably. I mean you can interact with users on almost all types of website. Look at forums too for example, I wouldn't call them social media but it doesn't matter... GAG is awesome. :P

• I Agree 😛

• Facebook is a place where you can interact with the people you know, whereas G@G is anonymous community. You can ask questions on Facebook and include polls too. If you have a lot of real life friends, you'll prefer fb, otherwise G@G.

Even tho I didn't use Y-ans, I like it very much. Very very very much. It helped me A LOT before I signed up here and still helps me. Whenever I have a question, it'll pop up on Google results linking to Y-ans. But G@G is more fun, that's why I'm here. I don't need to ask questions because they've already been asked there. The fact that you can reply to opinions, I use gag.

The comparison doesn't make sense but yeah, gag is more interesting than insta.

"What makes GAG even better is the messaging."
    This statement is contradictory. You can message on Twitter too. I like twitter. It's my timeline, my memories. Plus, the big factor, I can talk with my favourite celebrities, developers, sportspeople and various other public figures. That feeling when senpai finally notices me 😇
    Invalid comparison. Gag has its own benefits. But I must say, it wasn't certainly an easy win.

YouTube is clear winner. Nothing can beat it.

Invalid comparison. Pinterest is utility.

Vine is meh. Gag wins lol.
    ___________________________________
    Conclusion
    You should compare it with wiki answers, answers. com, quora and maybe reddit too.

by the way, I liked your presentation very much. You could use better pic for vine tho. Like this
    https://vine.co/static/images/trademark_logo.gif

• why is youtube a clear winner? you can't do much more than watch and upload videos there.

thank you for your opinion!!!

• "Just" watch and post videos? Just? Really? Just watch? And upload? Just?

What do you want more than that from a website?

You're welcome :)

• i dont expect more from that website
      im saying gag has much more to do

thanks :)

• facebook and youtube kick gags ass... i don't use the others so i can't judge. yahoo answers is more funny, than anything else, but they changed the format so pretty much everyone on that site left. also, there are way more social media platforms. also, they aren't comparable cause they have different functions. the only comparable major ones are yahoo answers, quora and maybe reddit. in which case yahoo answers gets beaten out, barely and quora makes gag look like child's shit. the only reason gag can stand a chance is that it's more casual in that people are looking for advice more so than information. the main problem with gag is that there are so many stupid people on the site. granted it's the internet, but 95% of the site has to do with the same 10-20 questions. everytime someone asks "does x like me cause he (inserts arbitrary verb here)", there's always at least 5 people who say yes. also, most people just straight up lie... or have no variation in taste. like, a person can post a pic of them being 500lbs and there's always at least 7 answerers saying that it looks attractive and sexy.

• those are true, i guess. but overall its a great site

• that's debatable... not good, but not bad enough to leave. also, most of the people get really butthurt and offended extremely easily. 1 person blocked me cause she went to texas and i said she should've went to san antonio... and i have plenty more examples like that

• Great myTake, we appreciate it and I personally enjoyed your comparison to other social networks:)

• I agree with your 'My Take'. By far the GaG is a better social media. I love it and love my friend in GaG 😀

• Good myTake
    GaG is slightly more awesome than me 😂
    LOL
    And after reading this I should say ↙

#BriShouldBeEditor :P

• I only use Instagram of it so I know Instagram is wayyy better lol and well there's tinder, snap. how exactly is this even comparison lol this site would always loose, This is like reddit or something

• I personally think this site is better. All the other social medias or watching and liking vids sharing your own pics that can get boring quickly

• Yeah? can you meet people you've never met before on instagram?

• @zagor yes, but the few people i meet on insta usually aren't very fun to talk to whereis on GAG there are tons of cool people

• Exactly what I think!

What Girls Said 11

• Not anymore thanks to their new updates. Or well it's more like they just nerfed the fucking shit out of this website. So they have basically just shot themselves in the foot.

Gag has officially caused all it's users to become blind to anyone answering their questions or opinions. Along with forcing you to give MHO and close your questions. Even if you don't pick MHO they will close it anyways. So you don't get a choice at all. So just another bullet in the other foot for them.

• Facebook rules my life, fam. I love Facebook.

Facebook is love, Facebook is life

• I like gag but I do not think it's the best. I think gag is good when it comes to community and contests but that's it. Gag has so many trolls and the majority of gag users are still with yahoo because it's convenient and yahoo has mail. But the rules seem unfair to me unless you are a mod they ignore the violations

• Great myTake! Glad to hear you enjoy the site so much and it's interesting to see someone's feedback on how it compares to other popular sites out there :)

• YUP! I love GAG! But I do youtube and Gag! lol I listen to music and answer all the questions haha!

• I wish Instead of Facebook Even, @Bea123 that I had Found GAG Way Before That a=And... This and That.
    But it was Not meant to be for me, I see, and now that I am here, dear, I am Here to Stay every Day.
    Good Question and Great Lay Out. xx

• No offense to my gag family but I'd take youtube and Pinterest over all y'all. I'm considering leaving fb though.

• Because it is. Sometimes I think of it as a secret society because there are still so many people who don't know about GAG

• TL;Dr
    Sorry, GaG isn't a social media site, its like yahoo answers. Comparing it to facebook or youtube is like comparing a truck to a water pump. Different utilities.
    This sites content gets stagnant after a while and the users worth even paying attention to are overrun by the uninteresting ones.
    Youtube provides hours of entertainment, this site provides an amazon gift card.
    Plenty of other sites provide somewhat the same utility and better. Reddit, for example. People are funnier on there as well.

• Yes, you are right

• Like honestly not to be rude or anything but it's pretty apparent that GAG is nothing like many of the other sites because they are actual social media sites where as GAG is an advice site that just so happens to do the whole profile and follows thing.

The only sites GaG can fairly be compared to are Yahoo Answers which you did and Wiki Answers or any other site you can think of. As for the rest they don't fit the criteria. GAG is clearly the best over all I'll admit tpit is my go to "social media" considering I don't use social media sites but I just feel like you can't compare GAG to all of these social media and musical or video sites when it just simply isn't he same.

But still nice take.

• I still consider GAG a social media, and they are making an app which will fit this criteria.

• Yes, we have been working hard to make it better and perfect it before releasing it for everyone to download :)