G@G Needs a DOWNVOTE button!

G@G Needs a DOWNVOTE button!

There is a debate going on about G@G bringing adding the downvote button. I feel that it is definitely necessary. Here's why.

OFFENSIVE OPINIONS

If someone writes something offensive, rude, racist, or sexist, there is only an option to give it a thumbs up. Sure, you could reply and say that it's rude and you can report it, but the quickest way to let everyone else know that it is offensive without reading it is to give it a thumbs down. An overwhelming amount of thumbs down can automatically report the opinion.

DISAGREEMENTS

We don't always want to reply to an opinion. A simple way to show that you disagree is to click the thumbs down button. It's easy and ANONYMOUS.

OTHER REASONS

G@G is literally a site filled with OPINIONS. Giving something a thumbs up is a way to express your opinion if you like what someone wrote/said, but how can you express your opinion in the same way if you don't like what someone said? A downvote button. IT'S THAT EASY. So I really hope that G@G brings back the downvote button... and soon.

Catalie is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 23

• Downvote is so meh, its only gonna increase more Trolls on this site. People don't seem to understand that. I mean honestly it hasn't been that bad. Only people with a collective mentality need the option.

• actually nah, if you have a disagreement you should voice it. otherwise report is fine for the really offensive stuff.

• GAG needs less pussies.

What's the point of a site who's whole purpose is the exchange of opinions, and debating with each other, when you're just gonna hit dislike every time you disagree?

• They do but the closed questions are even more stupid.

• in my opinion just disliking something is destructive. if you disagree, at least bring your arguments for it to the table. agreeing doesn´t need further explanation, thus the like button is fine. offensive opinions should be flagged anyway.

• To be honest, I don't really care about it since I had never used the downvote feature that much. But I sure did like collecting them. 😂

I think people really care too much about this.

• Yes, you're completely right.

• They did at one point and took it away.

• It'd be nice if it was brought back... but certainly I'd not kill fer it...

• No, in my opinion there is no need for a downvote button. I really don't see the significance of that button, if you want to disagree with a person then you can just tell that person upfront, as long as you are not breaking any guidelines/rules or this site, you can disagree with anyone.

I suppose the downvote button was removed for a reason.

• BRING IT BACKKKKK!!!

• A down vote option is nothing more than a trolling tool because of the fact they get to remain anonymous. If they couldn't down vote while anonymous then, the same people, or rather trolls, bitching about the down vote option being gone would be the same ones bitching about not being able to be anonymous while doing it.

If you have a problem with something they said, then just leave a response. Getting rid of the down vote option is one of the few changes they have made on the site I actually agree with.

• I never really used the upvote or downvote button unless to give people an Xper point on my question. Do the trolls or the people looking for a fight pay attention to the downvote, half of me thinks they are probably looking for it.

• Agreed! The downvote button is totally necessary!

• ye i love downvotes better than upvotes :/

• It really doesn't, but okay...

• I dont understand how GAG lies to us time and time again.
    IF YOU CAN UPVOTE, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DOWNVOTE ITS NATURE
    ITS THE LAW OF OPPOSITES, TWO POLES ON A MAGNET
    STINK/SMELL GOOD
    SMILE/FROWN
    BIG/SMALL

STOP BEING SOFT @GAG

• MAKE IT COME BACK FASTER

• back with th old gag ;w;
    anyway I think they should have it like Reddit, 1 like = + 1 and 1 down vote = - 1, the number you start with is 1

• 100% support this. I mostly want the downvote back, because when I'm bored, and there no more questions to answer, i go back and look at my previous opinions for that day, to see how many people agreed/disagreed with my opinions. Ever since they took it away, i can only see whether or not people agreed with me. I get no feedback on whether or not people DISagreed with me.

I want to know what people think of my opinions, whether its positive or negative; G@G took that away, promised to bring it back, and never followed through.

Also, as you touched on this under your "DISAGREEMENTS" section, downvotes allow you to anonymously disagree with someone. It got me thinking, and i think it would be a good idea for them to add the option to comment on an opinion anonymously.

Just think about how many people were ABOUT to comment on your opinion, but decided not to because they didn't want you to know who they were. If they added this, people would be getting SOOOOOO many more responses to their opinions, and therefore more feedback.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 11